I want to change doctors [RANT]

alysedelovely

little baby tegan and me
Reaction score
I am feeling very strongly about not going back to the doctors I had gone to with my previous pregnancy. this is because they treated me HORRIBLY when I miscarried.. made me wait for hours in the office, while 30 other women were seen. I felt very pushed aside and the doctor even made a comment about my age saying "I hope the next time you get pregnant, you'll be a little older" and "since this wasn't planned, its unfortunate but you can move on with your life quickly.." I was shocked. She also tried to push me to go back on birth control straight after I miscarried. I told her I am not trying but not protecting myself from getting pregnant. whatever happens, happens. she looked shocked. and then the other people who worked in the office gave me dirty looks.

advice?
am I overreacting?

No you're not over reacting. You should be treated with respect and not judged regardless of your age. If you're uncomfortable with this particular doctor, ask to see another. I hope it all works out. :hugs:

I think if that doctor made you feel uncomfortable than it is within your rights to change doctors.
her comments were insensitive and although I think she should probably make sure that you were aware of birth control (just in case you didn't know!!) but if you made the statement that you didn't want to use contraceptives, then that is your choice and she should respect that!
good luck with this one chick!x

You are certainly not over-reacting! I had a similar issue with mine, luckily I havent seen that certain doctor since.

She didnt help me when I was TTC after a MC, she told me to stop charting and using OPKS. Luckily I ignored her and that month after a positive OPK, I got a sticky bean!

I went back to tell her I was pregnant, she told me to wait another week before taking another test.

I told her I had took a ridulous amount of HPTs already :rofl:

To which she replied "Well, if you miscarry again, you better start using protection"

"Why?" I asked. "Because my body needs a rest maybe?"

"No, no reason!" she said.

Clearly at 22 she didnt like my age. I suspect there was some jealousy too.

thank you for your advice. while I wanted her to make me aware of the new birth control methods, she basically stormed up in there and said that now I was going to go on birth control. I refused, by saying the pill made me have hormone rages, etc. I just wanted a break for my body and I would use condoms. She was fuming and said, well I hope the next time you get pregnant you're a lot older. I told her I would think about the forms she discussed but I needed some time, as I had just lost the baby days before.

okay, I'm almost 20, have 3 jobs- one being a stay at home office job, that has told me if I want full time position, one will be available. I am currently fininshing out university and then becoming an event planner. my boyfriend and I have set our wedding date, now for him to just propose.. I know its coming just not when..

I have my life together, I just hate that people think and judge me because of my age. Yes, I am young, but it does not affect the quality of my health care or the quality of my parenting skills. I've been a nanny since I was 16... ugh!

i have this old man doctor at my nursery who is HORRIBLE!!!! when i miscarried he foned to say my blood levels and was like 'well you were only 6 weeks so it doesnt matter really' then when i came back in being pregnant again after like 20 tests he was like come back in 2 weeks and ill do a pregnancy test. this i thought was pointless and i therefore booked a scan myself and payed for it and saw the baby.
I then went the other day because of it stinging when i wee and dishcharge and he said it was just congested tummy pains?!?! when i think its a infection like thrush so im seeing another nice doctor 2moro. i would avoid the doctor you saw and if they are all like it then i would change doctors, it makes such a difference when they actually care. After a MC i thought id get some advice and reasuurance but ive had nothing and im hoping seeing another doctor will get me somewhere
xxxx

I can't believe the lack of care some of you have had to put up with. It's disgusting. Fortunately in this country we can shop around for Dr's, such is the health care system.

That's disgusting, I would write a complaint and then change doctors

The lack of kindness and caring with the doctors I have seen is disgusting. They are just like robots. I hate that none of them gave me advice or said they were sorry.. they merely said I'm young and that it will be no big deal for me to conceive a while down the line.

i feel like its my life, my baby. my body.. and I am NOT going to settle and PAY for a mean doctor who looks down on me because of my age..

It is disgusting. It's traumatic regardless of age and you should have been treated with sympathy and care. I hope you find yourself a more professional doctor. :hugs:

The lack of kindness and caring with the doctors I have seen is disgusting. They are just like robots. I hate that none of them gave me advice or said they were sorry.. they merely said I'm young and that it will be no big deal for me to conceive a while down the line.

i feel like its my life, my baby. my body.. and I am NOT going to settle and PAY for a mean doctor who looks down on me because of my age..

Ugh stupid doctors. Sorry hun :/. Luckily, as a woman previously stated we can change doctors at our whim. My first OB was horrible along with their nurses and everything about them, so I changd :). My new doctor hlped m through my MC and hasnt made a comment about my age, just took this new pregnancy with care and support. Find a NEW doctor, one with more respect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->