I want to give up...

may I ask what you were taking? And did you taper off slowly? cause the withdrawal can be pretty intense. I'm on celexa (citalopram), so far I've gone down from 30 to 20mg, and I'm feeling all over the place too...

I cannot remember the name exactlly but it was .. Serphra.. Something.. I was on 25 and tapered off... still had withdrawl!! couldn't imagine how hard it would be coming straight off!!

It may be worth asking your doctor if there is something else you can take. When the mom is really unsettled emotionally during the pregnancy, it can be even worse for the baby than some drugs. Hang in there.

They said the benefits of me taking the medicine outweigh any risks towards my baby... if i'm mentally all over, stressed and getting violent it's going to be worse for my baby than minor whithdrawl if i'm taking them in my 3rd trimester.

I agree! That's what I was told as well. Have you started back on the meds? It takes a month or so to kick in so don't feel bad if you don't feel better right away.

I go back to the Dr's for them on thursday. going back on my previous ones until they send me to a psychologist to re-access my situation... *fingers crossed* I hope I feel better!!!

The antidepressants don't work right away and take time to go through your system. If you decide to use them it's really important to give them a chance. Every depression is different. Some people feel better with just talk. For me, counseling alone didn't work and I needed antidepressants to help me get through the hard times.
I think you are very brave for acknowledging your feelings and that something isn't right. Some people suffer in silence with disastrous consequences. I think you are being an extremely responsible mother by taking the steps to ensure that you will be there for your baby both physically and emotionally. I wish you the best of luck and hope you find a way to feel better in the near future.

hope you feel better soon. might be worth speaking to your doctor as it sounds a little like depression. make sure your taking plenty of time for yourself and forget OHs family you have your own little one to think of now and your carrying the most precious thing in the world. your a mummy now already so dont let anyone make you feel like your not good enough!

Spent to long pretending it was all ok... for my babies sake I need something.. just to settle me down and arrange my head so I'll be able to happily care and comfort my child :)

Thankyou Ladies!

So I've been to the Dr's and he's put me back on medication..

Sertraline 50mg..

The only side effect is ... Persistent Pulmonary Hypertension of the Newborn.

Feeling better already but I'm not 100% sure if it's worth the risk! :shrug:

Thanks for your help ladies!

If you need it, you need it (the benefit DEFINITELY out weighs the risk) ... take it and be happy, it is better for BOTH you and the baby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->