• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I want to start shopping up...Am I crazy?

Cherrybomb143

Reaction score
I am moving with Hubby soon in January 3000mi away.
I already have one amazing daughter and already had a baby shower with her. Since I know I will not be having a baby shower I want to start getting some things....

Diapers
Wipes
Etc....

Am I crazy? :dohh:

No, not at all. I also started buying and will be on the look out for specials on those items the next couple of months. I almost bought a years supply of diapers for DD and will do the same for this baby. Need to buy new bottles,a sling and a feeding pillow as well. Will need clothes since this one will be a wintersbaby (currently summer here) and DD is a summersbaby so clothes sizes don't match seasons.

Not crazy but I'd wait if I were you, at least until 12 weeks. I had two early losses this year and bought a pram/travel system two days before I lost the 1st one. I only bought it cause I was saving $400 but it hurt seeing it sit around with no baby to use it.
I'm busting to start buying too lol I'm going to wait till after Christmas/finding out gender. Although I just bought a cradle yesterday cause it was an absolute bargain. :)

Agree with missc, also suffered two eatly losses and bought some maternity tops and a few baby things that i cant bear to look at :(

Although I suffered a loss at 9 weeks last year I will still proceed since I will always try for that second baby and will just put everything away until the baby is born since everything is special to me. Maybe just me, but I wish I did buy something last year, something to hold onto since I had nothing. Not even a scan of baby's heartbeat.

I have started buying some things like blankets, and wipes and gender neutral clothes. Nothing too major. I plan on going crazy and shopping it up after I find out the gender! Not much longer now...

I think that early preparation is important. As a mom of 2 I feel like you can never have enough diapers, wipes, and other things for the kids. I agree with the other mom with probably waiting til you are at least 12 weeks because of the possible miscarrying. I suffered a miscarriage at 11 weeks back in 2003.
I would suggest that if you plan on starting early shopping to buy on sale and use a coupon with it to save even more.

I'd probably wait a few more weeks to make sure everything is going well and then get started. Earlier is better imo. Too many people wait for some arbitrary date that they feel is "safe" to start shopping.

I did this with my first. I refused to even set foot in a baby store until I was close to 30 weeks because I was so afraid that buying something would jinx things. Then I ended up scrambling to save and get everything I needed in time which was stressful.

This time I plan to start buying as soon as possible. The place we're going to find out the gender can do it from 13 weeks, so we're going to find out the gender asap and start buying. We have a lot less to buy this time but I want plenty of time to buy all the fancy non-necessities that I couldn't get the first time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->