i want ttc but my partner doesnt

allanaMummy..

Reaction score
hey ladys,
i need some advice, i already have a 8month old baby girl called emily, im thinking of having another one as i want 2 kids quite close together. i wanted to ttc after emilys birthday so there would be like 2years between them.
but emilys dad doent want anymore.. what should i do just forget about having another one? or ask him again in a few months?
xxxx

^ second has he explained why he doesn't?

Maybe he not ready at the moment, not sure I would recommend finging out why first then go from there. Maybe there are goals he wants to work on first or life plans...? I'd recommend a sit down and meet in the middle....type of deal. Lots of luck sweetie.

My OH was exactly the same. Because he was an only child he said he just didn't 'get' why people wanted more than one child. For the past 6 months or so I have been slowly wearing him down and I think when we have big family get togethers with may side of the family and all Isla's cousins he starts to see where I'm coming from. We had a good couple of talks about it and discussed some of his other issues such as if we could afford two and how we cope with two so young. I wanted to have another closer than we are doing but we've come to a compromise to start ttc in May.

It was difficult talking to him about it because on one side I didn't want to end up nagging him to death about it and p***ing him off, but equally I wanted him to understand why it was so important too me.

I hope you two can have a good chat and work things out. :flower:
x

Enjoy your daughter for a year or so and then bring it up again

I'm sure if you were to ask my husband if he wanted another when my son was 8 months he would have said no. Once our little guy was a little over a year he warmed up to the idea of another and we planned our TTC date. Just give it a bit of time and see how he feels in a couple months.

thanks guys.
he just says that he has only ever wanted one and that he doesnt what to go through the sleepness nights again or the labour, my labour was only 3 and a half hours long though...
i dont want to start ttc yet.. in like a year i would though.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->