I was hopeful for a week ..

lulu83

Momma to 2 girls under 2
Reaction score
A week ago I got my bfp, after 2 relatively recent losses..now im thinking it'll soon be loss #3. I started spotting yesterday. My Hcg yesterday was 1400, last Thursday it was 284 and the day I got my bfp (last Tuesday )it was 86 so the dr seemed happy bc it was definitely doubling at a good rate. He scheduled my early scan for next Tuesday, but im thinking we won't be keeping that appointment, and if we do I doubt we will see any good news :( the spotting got a bit worse today and now im kind of crampy. Getting Hcg bloodwork done tomorrow morning...if its 2500-3000, he will bump my scan up, but my heart is telling me im kind probably losing this one too :(

I had one week of happiness and excitement and now I feel the inevitable depression sinking in..it hurts so badly :(

Sorry to be such a downer, I was just hoping that the 3rd time would be a charm for us.
im going to pray and stay positive until I know for sure, but that's never worked for me in the past.

Thanks for listening to my rant, not sure what id do without this site sometimes ...

I'm sorry for your losses, I understand how you feel. I just found out I'm pregnant again after two recent losses, but I'm not even getting excited or telling anyone until after my first trimester, other than work so adjustments can be made to my work load.

I hope you get good news! Good luck!

Thanks so much :)
Hope all goes well for you and your little bean!

Sending big hugs to you :hugs:, i'm pregnant again too 6 weeks and 2 days, after 3 losses in 12 months.

I really hope you get good news with your levels, keep us posted thinking of you xxx

Thanks ozziemum :)Hope congratulations to you on your pregnancy!!
Ill definitely post an update once I hear back on my labs.
I've been ordering pay per view comedy movies all night to distract myself and it's helped! Haven't cried in hours:)
Thanks again

Spotting isn't necessarily a bad thing hun. Obviously you're going to be scared because you're PAL but I've heard so many stories on here where spotting leads to nothing at all.
You could have a small area of bleed near your sac from implantation. This is what I have so when I do get spotting I don't worry.
I hope your numbers are high enough to get a scan :hugs:

Thanks Embo! Hope that's the case :)
Off to the lab, then I wait... hope to have results this afternoon
I appreciate the support

Good luck sweetie. I'll look out for your update :)

Oh, my heart goes out to you! If it's any comfort, I had spotting and pain at 6 weeks, and went to the ER. Everything turned out to be okay. I'm really hoping this is the case for you. Praying that you get good news!

So..now im more confused :( beta came back at 2151. It was 1400just Monday so its not doubling :(
Waiting to hear back tothe see what dr wants to do. I think he left for the day, but I was told a nurse will call me back..
this waiting and not knowing is killing me :(

Good luck hun! Did you ever hear back?

I feel like I'm in the same boat as you. Had bleeding all day today, got in for bloodwork and an ultrasound. HCG was only 20.5 but she wasn't that concerned; it seems very low to me though. So I'm praying it doubles by Friday, but it doesn't look good for me.

Aww, im sorry that we are in similar situations Tweak :(
had you had previous blood work taken? Ill pray it doubles for you! Keep us posted.

I spoke to a nurse (who called back because my dr had left early for the day) who said she would see what the dr wants to do..either keep ultrasound that's already scheduled for Tuesday or do another blood test friday to see where #s are. She didn't seem too concerned about the fact that my Hcg hadn't doubled, she said the fact that its going up could be a good thing. She also said that the doubling time sometimes slows down around 6 weeks? I've never heard that...I thought after 8+ weeks #s would plateau or drop maybe, but not at 6 weeks..who knows.
my bleeding isn't stopping or slowing down, so i'm having a hard time thinking there ISN'T a problem, but I guess all I can do is wait and see..

Nope no previous blood work. I was about to bring in a sample today to confirm the pregnancy when I started bleeding. I've got no cramping along with this bleeding, so that is one positive thing right now. It's about the only thing positive.

I think the fact that your numbers are increasing are a good thing too. In my loads of research I've done today, I've read where a lot of people can bleed heavily in pregnancy. There are a lot of contributing factors. I'll pray your numbers keep increasing as well and that you have a good outcome!

Hay Lulu, checked as soon as i got to work to see how you are going.

Really glad your numbers are going up, its not necessarily a bad thing that they didn't double, everyone is so different and numbers aren't everything. Keep us updated, everythings crossed for you and your little bean xx

Thanks Ozziemum :) I really appreciate your support.
Im playing the waiting game...again.hopefully the bleeding stops. Im trying to relax, because its out of my hands..not much I can do.
Thanks again for checkin in :) hope u had a good day :)
Ill keep ya posted

I'm for sure praying for you hun :hugs: Your beta IS rising.. I'll keep everything crossed for you! :hugs:

Thanks Holly!
I really appreciate it :)

Ooh and good luck at your scan tomorrow Holly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->