I wish people would stop 'guessing' I'm having a girl!

curlylocks

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have a DS who is totally amazing, kind and just lovely. However I am so desperate for a girl. Not for the pretty pink dresses or anything, but for when they are older. I have a very close relationship with my mum and sister and can't imagine not having that myself one day.
Anyhoo..... I am trying to convince myself that I am having a boy so I 'lessens' the blow. They only thing is, everyone keeps telling me I'm definitely carrying a girl. Every time I hear it I get excited, but think, hold on, stop getting my hopes up. I wish people would tell me they think its a boy!!!!
Xxx

I think everyone just gets so excited over the unknown and wants to see if they are right. I hated it when they told me it was a boy when I was carrying my son, next time around I won't mind cause I don't have a gender preference this time TTC, although my husband does, and he wants a girl so bad!

Oh I've been getting this, most people insist this LO is a girl. They did with DS too! It is frustrating when people don't know that you have a strong desire for a girl and don't realise that getting your hopes up isn't what you need!

Could've written your post myself! I have a preference for a girl and managed to convince myself a boy would be fine too, and that I probably am having a boy, but every single guess I've had has been girl and it makes me get excited and gets my hopes up when I know noone who's guessed has any idea, it just seems strange they all guessed girl, and I put my scan pic on two gender prediction sites and got all girl guesses on both. Makes me think I shouldn't have done that now as I just got my hopes up even more when I was better before just thinking it was probably a boy!

Everyone was adamant this baby was a girl 'for sure' but its a boy!

Try and just keep a level head yourself. Its really hard with everyone else so sure of what you are having! I have two boys and had it either way from people..woud get 'it'll be another boy'!(which drove me mad!!!) or 'you should get a girls this time'. Which kind of gets your hopes up :/ Everything was so different to my two boys who I had identical pregnancies with, felt much worse, heartrate quicker BUT its boy number 3!! I'm used to it now and just want to meet him but when I first found out it was tough to get my head round as I had lisened to people and myself and got my hopes up!

Hope you get your girl xxx

I agree with embeth! I got my hopes up listening to others and then had them dashed :( hope you hear pink!

With my first pregnancy when the scan tech said "boy" my husband did an air punch and I couldn't have been happier. I was so, so happy that my first would be a boy.

I never even questioned that second time round I wouldn't get my girl. My whole life I've known I was going to have a daughter. I could have the relationship with her that I have with my mom.

This second pregnancy I felt awful -so sick. The heart rate was quicker (old wives tale but still!) and I just knew it was a girl.

When the scan tech just casually said "heart looks great, lungs are fine, it's a boy, his hands and feet are perfect ... " I was like WHAAAAAAAT???? Back up there! No ways. I am supposed to have a girl! I was crushed. And DH was so cross that I could feel disappointment for a healthy baby.

The added pressure of everyone hoping you get a girl because that's the ideal was also killing me. If I see couples with a boy and girl I want to run. So many of my friends with boys are pregnant now with a girl.

I'm slowly feeling excited that I'll have 2 little boys running around and the bond of 2 brothers or 2 sisters is incredible. And I am not a girly-girl and hate pink! I am slowly recovering but I know I will always carry with me that longing for a daughter.

But the best thing is knowing that so many of us out there feel this way and that it is totally normal! Helps with the guilt

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->