I would like your opinions please regarding injured animals/wildlife, etc:

To be honest by what you say it sounds like it had a broken wing and possible internal injuries i guarantee it would have died from the stress and the shock. I agree the RSPCA cant pay for all the wildlife that comes in its path.
But have a look out got your local wildlife rescue centre - we have two local one who are excellent - during this time of year we would be contantly inundated with 'helpful' people bringing in baby birds that are 'lost' and we phone them and they come and collect them if we think that they will survive.

Things like Grey squirrels which by law are supposed to be killed we would pass on to the wildlife rescue. We had two baby squirrels come in and none of us had the heart to kill them so the wildlife rescue collect them hand rearerd them and then at night put them in a cage and 'oops the door was left open' and in the morning they have gone.

Grey squirrels and Canada geese are considered vermin and are not supposed to be released in this conutry.

I would have done the same. I remember I found a baby pigeon who had fallen out of his nest when i was about 9, i called the rspca and they said they were too busy to tend to a pigeon so i took him home and called him lovey dovey. I took him in the garden everyday, and let him flap about, and eventually he was flying a little. I really got attatched to him. Eventually he would fly off, but come back and sit on the gazebo every so often which was nice. Crazy thing is, he was just a pigeon.. like the rest, but i loved that little guy! ahhh bless him. I had him for 6 months.... he probably died after being humanised and returned to the wild, but at least he had a nice 6 months longer than he would have had if he stayed in the middle of the street as a non flying baby. I dont know if he died... i just guess he did, he stopped coming back to the house so who knows. xxxxxxxxx:cry:

Ahh that was real sweet of you.
tbh if i was walking past and seen it i would have just carried on:blush:
but if i sat at the bus stop or watched it for a while it would have pulled on my heart strings and i would have called some one. or more then likely just move it to somewhere a bit safer by a tree or something in hope another bird would come help it:blush:

but im not an animal person i do not like any of them and would never touch one:blush:

I couldn't live without my animals - although i have none at the moment - got a little animal o my own to look after!! want a dog at some point or would get rats again!

Hypnorm - I can't wait til Seren is old enough for a pet, she is so going to have rats. I love them so much but with 4 cats, a rabbit, 2 guinea pigs, 2 fish AND a toddler I just can't justify it. Miss my pet rats :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->