I would love some Eggnog

Status
Not open for further replies.
It really doesnt sound nice lol.
I'm still going to try and buy some...or even make some though.

Actually, come to think of it, starbucks do eggnog coffee in the lead up to xmas, i;ll probably just get some of that lol.

:rofl: I love eggnog - especially with a little alcohol in it. :rofl: I really hope I want to be able to have the alcohol in it this Christmas - so we shall see!!

My mum calls Advocat eggnog.

Is she right???

This is the good stuff:
https://www.drinksdirect.co.uk/acatalog/Warninks_Advocaat_70cl.jpg

Get it every christmas and make snowballs!

Recipe:
As much advocaat as you like (for me, thats a fair bit)
Lime juice
Top up with Lemonade, mix until frothy
Serve with glace cherry or I like it with an olive because I don't like cherries :)

It's sooooo good.

Amanda, apparently - advocaat ingredients: unpasteurised egg yolks, sugar, aromatic spirits, and grape brandy with a hint of vanilla" and yes I believe it's labelled as Egg nog.

mmmmmm eggnog! i love costco we can get all the yummy american food there nom nom nom

Recipe:
As much advocaat as you like (for me, thats a fair bit)
Lime juice
Top up with Lemonade, mix until frothy
Serve with glace cherry or I like it with an olive because I don't like cherries :)

It's sooooo good.

Amanda, apparently - advocaat ingredients: unpasteurised egg yolks, sugar, aromatic spirits, and grape brandy with a hint of vanilla" and yes I believe it's labelled as Egg nog.

Thanks Tilly. I loooovee this stuff!!! I like it in snowballs, but also neat in a little glass. It's nice and warming, and the best bit is running your finger round the glass afterwards and licking it! :happydance:

I loooooveeeeee eggnogg! I cant wait for it to come out! Me and my OH drink it like crazy, its probably pretty bad for us though loL!

It is sooooo rich, mmmmm. I only ever have one glass a year, but man it is good.

I actually saw it in the store the other day...it is too early to have any though.

I got the definition from Wiki:

Eggnog (or egg nog) is a sweetened dairy-based beverage made with milk, cream, sugar, beaten eggs (which gives it a frothy texture), and flavoured with ground cinnamon and nutmeg; alcoholic versions also exist with the addition of various liquors, such as rum, brandy, whisky, & sake.

Personally, I think it sounds horid! Apparently it originated in England. I've only ever heard Americans and Canadians talk of it though

i think we probs realised that eating raw eggs can giv you salmonella and it probably doesnt taste verry nice either :D

omg omg omg!!! :happydance::happydance:

Was at Walmart last night.. and they had eggnog!!!! I grabbed it right away. It was just a little 1 litre but it's gone already :rofl: woohoo!!!!

Omg this is somthing i have never tasted i have never had this am gonna have to try it
worried i might puke Lol sounds horrible

Don't knock it unless you've tried it!! (I haven't tried the eggnog americans speak about, but I would like to)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"