ibroprofen (sp) / anadin extra and pregnancy

metu

TTC
Reaction score
hey, my OH got her BFP from a test on the 1st and she has really bad toothache right now....is it safe to take painkillers like ibroprofen (sp) / anadin extra at this stage??

Cheers

The only painkiller im aware off you can take in pregnancy which is safe is paracetamol, maybe go to the chemist who would advise.

Hope she is feeling better soon.

Ibuprofen isnt safe to take during pregnancy, Paracetamol however is perfectly safe.

Hiya,

I've heard the same, paracetamol is ok to take when pregnant, as long as it isn't combined with asprin. Just make sure she follows the directions on qty and how often to take it. Toothache is a nightmare, hope she feels better soon.

Yeah paracetamol is the only pain relief that is seen as safe when pregnant, so get her some paracetamol. x

Same as the others, ibruprofen and anadin extra are definately NOT safe. So stick to the paracetamol :)

panadol is safe too, but i'm not sure if that's in the second trimester sorry

I'm not sure if it's the same thing (just a different name across the pond) but we're told over here in the states that acetaminophen is the only safe pain reliever (It's what Tylenol is).

No Ibuprofen! but paracetamol is fine, if unsure always ask your pharmacist!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->