• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

iCandy Peach Jogger Review

hennaoj

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago I was lucky enough to win an iCandy Peach Jogger. When I first the peach jogger in the flesh at the iCandy university, I was struck at how luxurious it looked but also that it looked very suitable for proper off-road walks - its like the Range Rover of the pushchair world. I got the glacier coloured one, there was only one of this colour there and it is a beautiful dove grey. The cranberry and black colours are also lovely, I hope iCandy do more colours as its nice to have plenty to choose from.
It is a joy to push - light to push for a travel system and very easy to steer. You wouldn't expect a 3 wheeler to go up and down curbs very easily but this one is no different to pushing a 4 wheeler up and down curbs. It's great for dodging around people on busy high streets especially if you are in a hurry! I've tried it out on sand, grass, rough footpaths and smooth pavements which it glides over. Locking the front wheel for sand is a doddle, you just turn a big knob above the wheel and I found I didn't need to lock it for footpaths or grass. The air tyres are fantastic, I'm not worried about them getting a puncture as they are soo solid.
I love the soft materials on the carrycot and seat unit, I don't know of any other pushchairs that have these, there is a trade off though as they aren't machine washable but you can sponge them clean and steam clean them.
My 11 week old baby falls asleep easily in the big carrycot, which is going to be great for sleeping in on holidays. I won't need to take a travel cot with me and the carrycot collaspes down to make it more compact for travel. The mechanism is a little stiff though so I wouldn't recommend doing this for day to day use.
The car seat adapters (for maxicosi pebble and cabriofix) are very handy for nipping in and out of the supermarket. Using these means the baby is up high and you can get into the basket very easily. I would never leave a baby in a car seat for very long though as it is bad for their backs and impedes their breathing.
The telescophic, adjustable handlebar is great for tall and short parents. I'm 5ft 9 1/2 and have problems with many pushchairs as some don't even have a height adjustable handlebar.
Collapsing the pushchair is very easy once you learn the knack (this is perhaps why you have to buy them instore), you push down on the handle like a trumpet while pressing a button and you can do it with one hand. It's very easy to take the carrycot and seat unit on and off. The wheels can be removed very easily if need be and the foot plate on the chassis can even be pushed inwards with the aid of two buttons in order to make it even more compact.
I've tried my two and a half year old in the seat unit for size and he fits in there with room to spare. There was no need to unzip the hood and move it up as recommended for older children. It is still light to push with him in it!
The shopping basket is quite roomy, I just had to be careful when putting light objects in there on a windy day as they are liable to blow out of it.
Lets face it, there is never going to be a perfect pushchair, one that ticks every single box for every one (I guess that is why I have 6 between 2 children!). A travel system is never going to fold as compact as an umbrella fold, an umbrella fold is never going to have as nice a ride as a bigger pram or go over rough terrain like a 3 wheeler. The iCandy Peach Jogger however is perfect for lots of different scenarios unlike many prams/pushchairs and lovely to look at with it. It can go off-road, is one of the very few rear facing 3 wheelers (I only know of two other obscure ones), it is pretty nippy in towns, it has a proper carrycot for babies. I think it is just about the most perfect single pram for the UK, especially if you go on uk holidays.

Interesting. I also have the Peach, and while I do love it, the seat is not roomy - my 20 month old is a small baby and is pushing the top of it. The extra seat padding is nice, but will have to come out soon so that my older daughter can go in it. Although I shoved it in the machine and it came out fine.

Are you sure it's the Peach? Because the colours they do are Blackjack, Tomato and Sweetpea. Sounds like the Apple maybe or the Cherry?

Aunty E it's the new Peach Jogger that hennaoj was reviewing, it's not out yet but you can see it on the icandy website. I'm sure they are probably doing different colours to the normal 4 wheel peach.

Good review although I think I'd struggle to find fault with a pushchair I'd won LOL!

btw anyone know what the crack is with these random huge adverts for 'nest'?

I've been using my iCandy Peach Jogger for several months now and I still love it. It still looks like new and is just as easy to push as when I first recieved it. The dove colour is lovely but can show up dirt as it is light. Oliver once projectile vomited over the carrycot apron so I decided to wash it in the washing machine as per instructions, unfortunately the internal filling disintegrated so iCandy are changing the intructions to sponge clean only and are sending me a replacement apron when I get the new pram (the testing version has to go back). I'm loving the seat unit now that Oliver is old enough to go in it, it looks soo comfy and he likes to look out at the world now. The carrycot is soo roomy though I'm still using it for daytime naps in my living room as my big 9 month old boy still comfortably fits in (I'm using it on the floor rather than the chassis though). The basket is great, so strong and roomy and even easier to access now the seat unit is being used. I'm taking the Peach Jogger on holiday to Florida so will have another update after then.

A couple of weeks ago we were in Florida for Christmas, it was an almost last minute decision by nearly my whole family to spend Christmas there! We took the Peach Jogger of course for my three year old and 10 month old to use (we bought my older son a cheap buggy after a couple of days). My 3 year old still fits in the pushchair with room to spare and it very comfy in it, he didn't like giving it up for his younger brother! I ordered a Peach travel bag for the flight as the jogger travel bag isn't available yet and it fitted in, it was a tight fit though. We carried the wheels into the aircraft cabin with us as we didn't fancy having to deflate and reinflate if they went in the hold. Luckily the wheels are very easy to remove and replace.
The Peach Jogger was fantastic in Disney World, nimble and the large basket was very handy for all our baby and toddler gear. We ended up using the iCandy Palm sunshade quite a lot as temperature was 10 degrees Celsius higher than normal for winter in Florida and it was very sunny. The Palm sunshade was fantastic, it stopped Oliver getting burnt and he slept very easily under it. We had fun on the beach with the Peach Jogger too, especially on Christmas day. It was easier to pull rather push it through the soft sand though. It's very easy to clean the sand off the Peach Joggers chunky frame and tires too. I've taken a lovely photo of it on the beach, it looks fantastic.

https://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q178/hennaoj/PIC_0053.jpg

I still love my Peach Jogger now my baby is a year old. He is a big baby yet still looks small in the Peach Jogger seat. It's very cosy with the footmuff on, but I am a little worried that the footmuff might not be quite long enough for next winter - maybe a stay put blanket will work then. I now have my permanent version of the jogger and the prototype has gone back, there is very little difference between the two. The biggest difference to me is the material as it is now waterproofed, which is great and the basket material has changed to a more harder wearing material too and even has a handy loop in the bottom to store the air pump for the tyres. I'm not keen on the huge safety label on the back of the seat but I don't notice it when pushing the jogger as I always have Oliver facing me. I now have the cranberry colour instead of glacier because I love bright colours, it's dark enough a red for a boy but really stands out and looks very posh. I love my iCandy Peach, it's so much better than a boring buggy.

I'm still using my Peach Jogger for my now 18 month old baby. Many people have already switched to umbrella fold buggies by this stage but I find that they look uncomfortable, with no suspension or air tyres and no solid backs to the seats. Olly still loves his pushchair and he still looks small in it! I love the big basket for shopping and the very handy cupholder. Olly still fits in the carrycot for his daytime naps in the house, which is really handy and easier than carrying him upstairs.

I Still have my Peach Joggger and my 2 year old has lots of room in it. He still likes facing me and I love chatting to him but for the odd shopping trip we do have a lighter buggy for just nipping in and out of the car too. It's great for days out with the big basket underneath and all terrain tyres, still very easy to push with a heavy toddler in and he's really comfy in the padded seat. We have another baby on the way now so are looking forward to using the carrycot on the jogger again in October as it is lovely and cosy.

I've had my Peach Jogger for 2 years now and it still looks like new. My toddler son loves riding in it and I love the large and strong shopping basket. It feels a lot more substantial than other pushchairs and prams. I still love the cranberry colour best of all but the new colours are lovely. The tyres have never punctured for me, probally because they are soo thick so I havn't felt the need to switch to the EVA tyres. I love the shoulder strap on the chassis, it came in very handy when we were on holiday. The raincovers have manage to survive for 2 years with no rips which is a minor miracle in my house! The open and close mechanism of the chassis still works great, I love that the chassis can be closed one handed in a trumpet type motion. Can't wait to try the pram out again in October with baby number 3!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->