iCandy Peach Jogger

simplyhayley

Reaction score
Chassis with Carrycot:
In this set up it’s easy to push, comfortable, the air tyres take bumps well and it seems to be a nice smooth ride. The carrycot is quite narrow. The mattress is ideal as you can change it easily and it doesn’t get stained. Taking the hood up and down it ‘clicks’ which can be annoying if it wakes up the baby!

With the carrycot on it’s extremely difficult to get things underneath. We often walk to tescos and it’s a mission to get the shopping under even when not in bags and just putting singular items in. The narrowness is also added to by having studs which keep the base off the ground when using the carrycot freestanding so things get caught on them!

Another feature worth mentioning is that the carrycot is completely collapsible which is great if your short on space.

Chassis with car seat:

With the car seat on there is plenty of basket space underneath. The car seat is also higher and nearer to mum than the carrycot is. It’s fiddly to get off too as you have to press small buttons either side and lift at the same time. It takes a bit of a knack or two pairs of hands. One lifting and one pressing. I do like that it’s compatible for the car seat as it makes life so much easier if moo is asleep!

Chassis with seat unit:

The basket is large when the seat unit is in on, unlike when the carrycot is on, I’ve certainly had smaller! And with the seat on it means you can use that as a way of wedging more in so it can be quite ample. However I did notice after one particularly wet school run it took a while for the basket fabric to dry. With the seat unit on and laid flat it makes it quite awkward to get large shopping bags in, its better in the slightly reclined or upright mode.

Being a three wheeler the buggy can turn in a small gap which I love! Its really handy when in lifts, or tight shops! There haven’t been many occasions when I have needed to lock the front wheel, even in the snow it coped fine having the wheel on swivel mode, if however you do need to lock it its easy to do with just a simple twist.

I do find the whole taking the seat unit off to fold a bit of a faff but I know in this day and age this is the case for most buggies. However it is one of the quickest folds, once the seat is off, that I’ve come across. It always amazes friends how quickly I can get it in the boot with it down and folded. I also really like the carry strap, makes it so much easier if I need to bring it into the flat for any reason. If you need to remove the tyres you can do so and this makes it even smaller in terms of boot space. The only time I have removed the tyres is if they are really muddy as otherwise the foam handlebar rubs them as it folds down.

Snow? The beach? No problem for this pushchair! This is where those chunky tyres come into their own. We didn’t get much snow but we had enough that I decided to give it a test in the garden! It handled really well and you barely noticed you were pushing on snow! We also went to Brighton beach recently, a stony beach! I wasn’t able to push the pram forwards but it dragged backwards across stones a hell of a lot easier than most do and meant we could take the pushchair right down near the sea!

Well we all need good looking pushchairs! the iCandy is no exception to that! Although I tend to use it in parent facing mode I have to admit I think it looks its best in forward facing mode although we never use that. Even in parent facing mode it looks great and I’ve received a lot of comments about it and been asked what its like as a pushchair. I love the black colouring although our foot muff is a grey colour.

Seat positioning for me is one of the only downsides. There are three positions which you adjust by pressing in the two circular buttons on the side of the seat unit. ‘Flat’ which looks like its further than flat although I’m pretty sure its not. An in-between one and ‘Upright’. At the moment we still tend to use the in-between position. In the upright position and parent facing if the hood is down its quite hard to see bubs whereas its not if its in the middle position.

Overall

I am really impressed with the iCandy, it wasn’t a brand I had ever heard of before I’d fallen pregnant with this baby and the quality of the pushchairs is fantastic. Overall this has been one of my favourite pushchairs and I have owned a few in my time, pramaholic comes to mind ;-)

A few of my favourite things are:
- How the iCandy handles all terrain so easily.
- Simple folding system.
- Height adjustable handlebar
- Its good looking!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back