Idea for my kids!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
I have 4 kids, 3 have birthdays before Christmas, so the eldest will be turning 5 soon, the twins will be 3 and i have a 6 month old.

I wanted to cut back, but now im looking at everything and thinking I have hardly got a thing. Especially for their birthdays.

Any tips on gifts for 5 year old and 3 year olds?

The thing is I know family are getting lots of stuff and getting spoilt and I order for a lot of family members so it felt like a lot of stuff but actually not much coming from me!!

My eldest has a PSP for christmas, so that sorted, but not much for any of their birthdays and the twins bdays is less than a week away!

HELP! IDEAS NEEDED!

What about a day out? Take them to the zoo or aquarium or a Play centre. I know the weather is colder but there's still fun to be had and it saves you worrying about gifts. They'll have a whale of a time and with a cake and a few gifts its a nice balance. We did this for Earl's birthday as its a treat for him as much as the rest if the family.

I agree, if you are trying to cut back and know family spoil them anyway, a day out would be a special memory and keep the toys you'll have to find storage for down.
Filing that, if there something they are both into that you could get a larger set between them and a smaller accessory each? Like imaginext castle between them and then some figures each.

Thanks ladies, good idea! I have booked a pool for a sort of joint party, its not a proper party as they dont have many friends. my eldest is autistic and the twins dont go to play groups etc as I have always been "oncall" to pick him up from school and he has never been in his full hours. Cant wait for them to get some friends in January!

I will look around and see whats open.

Its not specfically cutting back, more so that every year they get so over whelmed by i have maybe gone too far the other way this year haha. My mum had the twins ipads so thats a BIG gift for them!

I see your point it can be overwhelming for some kids. And like you say your Mums getting them such a 'wow' present.
Birthday wise I tend to keep it really small anyway.

I agree a day out is a great idea!

Maybe you could have some fun doing things making their birthday extra special that don't cost too much.

A treasure hunt for the presents could work. Would your eldest be able to understand that will picture directions and lots of adult help?

Balloons are always fun, I get the boys a couple of helium balloons on their birthdays and they are more excited by them than seeing the presents!

If you wanted a cheap extra present with the wow factor, a pop up tent could work. You can get them for less than £10 and children love them. If you are creative you could build them a boat/rocket/bus out of cardboard boxes.

I don't really think you need to worry though, children especially little children see what is there not what isn't there. You might see a pile of presents smaller than you planned but they just see presents and that is exciting to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"