Ideas for boys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 5yr old son. It has just been his birthday and he asked for a rugby ball and a httyd dragon/figurines. But his faves were definately the ones he didn't ask for.... foam aeroplanes, the cheap ones, which are like 99p each from old school toy shops. Jenga, and a deadly animals book.

I think games are good at this age.... buckaroo, operation etc x

My son also loves anything lego!

My son is 4, but he seems to like a lot of the toys aged in the 5-8 yr range, like marvels superhero figure toys, ninja turtles, Legos, Playmobil, etc.

He also loves Play doh, painting, airplanes (like the balsa wood build yourself kind, or foam put together yourself kind. I buy them in bulk because he LOVES them. they sell huge packs on Amazon pretty cheap), board games, puzzles

I have 7 year old and 4 year DS, some of the things the enjoyed last year were:
Marvel Action figures
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles figures
smashaballz
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Combat gear
Robofish
Roald Dahl book collection
Any Games-Whack a Mole, Buckaroo, Hungry Hippos etc
Skylanders

This year my 7 year old is mainly into Fimo clay (he enjoys making models) and Minecraft so got him lots of figures to that, also got him a Mario chess Set, Meccano Set, John Adams Hotwires Set, Lego Movie Lego sets, a digital camera and lots of arts and crafts items
My 4 year old has Transformers, Despicable Talking Minion, Lego Juniors Sets, Playmobil Police sets, Marvel Mashers and Imainext Dinos plus arts and crafts items

My DS will be 5 in December. Hope you get one or two ideas.

For his birthday:
Cars 3D Projector
Cluedo Junior
Disney Infinity
Disney Infinity Figures
Hexbug Nano Set
Imaginext Castle
Innotab Games
Kerplunk
Planes 50pc Jigsaw
Spiderman Pinball Machine
Stuart Little Box Set DVD
Sulley Remote Control Car
VTech Colour Pocket Laptop

For Christmas
Cars 50pc Jigsaw
Cars Klip Kitz
Frosted Drinks Maker
Furby Boom
Hotwheels Sets ?
Imaginext Ocean Boat
Leapfrog Smart Watch
Meccano Build & Play Plane
Monopoly Junior
Operation
PlayDoh Candy Cyclone
Robofish
Spiderman Onesie
Spiderman Web Shooter
Sulley Stompeez
Super Marble Run
TMNT Shaker Maker
Tom & Jerry Box Set DVD
Turtles Onesie
TV
Vtech Switch & Go Dinosaur

My 5-year old loves those science kits where you dig for a fossil or a stone of some sort. There are loads of companies that do them and the kits are usually fairly small and easy to shove a few into a stocking. Also popular: mini science kits of magnets/bubbles/circuits/robots - again all sorts of great, cheap and easy kits out there. And my son is generally a really active, outdoorsy kid - these keep him enthused and focused for ages - so they aren't just for mini science geeks! :)

How to train your dragon things
Deadly 60 creepy bug reptile type things
Skylanders go down well & I think there's something new being launched with them
Imaginext Dragons, dinosaurs & Lot of their other range
Play mobile Dragons and dinosaurs
Maxi micro scooter
A bigger bike
Something to assist in their learning
Hexbugs/habitats/the water ones too our eldest likes the look of the new hammerhead shark one x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"