Ideas for Kids Who Don't Play With Toys

Phantom

Mommy
Reaction score
My son just turned 4 and I was hoping by now he would "play" normally, but he doesn't. No, he isn't autistic he is just a very special little guy. I have no clue what to get him. He loves Paw Patrol so for his birthday we got him tons of Paw Patrol toys. They remain untouched. I need some ideas on gifts that aren't "toys" or that are good for kids who don't play on their own.

So far I thought of:
- leap tv video game system
- tablet
- walk on piano
- playmobil nhl hockey rink (he can play with his dad)

But I'm not sold on any of those ideas.

Riley was never really big on toys until last year. He liked electronics though. x

If he likes paw patrol innotab has a paw patrol game, we got my little girl a innotab 3s and the toy story and paw patrol games for it. T k Maxx have jigsaw book for paw patrol which is £2.99. What about easel or is he not in to art. The entertainer had a paw patrol stamp set which is £7.50 which had colouring stuff. If he is into crafts we get toucan box which comes at start of month with different topic and has all materials you need including paintbrushes etc with crafts you can do together. Could you get cd player and music and story cds. Books always go down well in our house

My niece and sister, nothing wrong with either of them, just weren't interested in toys, both loved books, books and more books!

I recall my niece playing with random things, endless fun with a ball of wool, it became a spiders web, safely net, a throw became a swimming pool, tent etc etc. While the toys lay neglected in a corner.

If he is like them I'd consider books, CD audio books (too young to read). And may be vouchers for days out, cinema, etc

Does he like crafty stuff or science kits, play doh etc.
I've got my 5 year old an amazon fire for £50 for xmas.

We have spent a fortune over the years on toys that haven't been played with. That said he has enjoyed outdoor toys-ride ons and scooters.
Lego as we tend to build that with him-we made a Lego table using an ikea table and some boards (only cost £30) and looked impressive as a big gift. We bought the classic blocks so he builds random stuff that we ooh and ahhh at.
He enjoys electronics-tablet and gaming.
Craft stuff-I tend to fill a box with all sorts of bits.

This year is the first year that he has actually had some requests!!

If he likes lego, maybe try some other construction toys, junior mechano (if you can still get it), mobolo.

I was going to suggest crafting or experiment kits or musical instruments or even playdoh or moon sand

My boy has only started playing in the last year (he's nearly 6) he adores lego, and now minecraft on our tablet.

This year we are going to get playmags or something similar, he likes to construct rather than to play, he still doesn't do imaginary play or role play even now

How about a Board game. My son got snakes and ladders for Christmas last year and he loved it :)

Ah yes come to think of it my boy enjoys games.... Top trumps are a big hit too!!

What about cinema tickets theme park tickets crazy golf any places like that close by. Xx

Great ideas ladies thanks! A board game is a good idea. I'll have to find one he can play. I think I saw a paw patrol one somewhere.

There is 3 different paw patrol ones, think they were on offer in toys r us, there's a simple board game, a frustration type one and one where you race 2 of the pups to get the balls. Can you tell my daughter has pointed them out as ultimate paw patrol fan :) they had them in smyths and entertainer to

Orchard toys do some great games for kids....we loved shopping list. We also have a game called pass the bomb (junior edition) which is great fun. Kids bingo/lotto is another easy one, giant snakes and ladders??

My 2 are not really into toys as such so I'm getting them scooters. I did buy them A few games last year that they play with the most. Guess who is a game they play with the most. Mine are into singing so I'm also thinking of a karaoke machine.

My daughter doesnt play with toys either unlike her brother who is a big toy fan!

She enjoys her bike & scooter. She really enjoys her pens, notebooks, colouring books. Her brother just had some playdoh for his birthday and she really enjoyed that. cant think of anything else x

If he likes Paw patrol, I'd suggest the board games. Also, Amazon has a large plush Paw Patrol blanket that I bought my son for his birthday over the summer. It's huge! Very soft and cozy. Other ideas: Board games, arts and crafts activities, robot toys (my son's getting a wowee robosapien), Lego, Play Doh toys, the tablet idea is a good one as there are tons of apps you can get him for learning

Board games, art supplies, books, more "grown up" items like binoculars, telescope, microscope, science kits (depending on interest). My oldest doesn't play much with toys outside of Lego and those are all things she would enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->