Ideas Please?

faille

Mummy & WTT
Reaction score
Violet is out growing her bouncer very fast (in fact, I rarely use it anymore as she can now sit herself up in it) and I don't know if there's anything similar I can get for an older baby?

I need somewhere I can just safely pop her whilst I go to the loo or make a cup of tea or do the washing up etc. If she's on the floor then she'll just army crawl and be after god knows what in the room.. And I know it's only going to get worse when she starts crawling properly! I don't like the thought of leaving her alone when she's crawling, I've got this vision of her climbing up onto things and falling off (totally unrealistic I know but I still don't feel she's safe iygwim?).

She has a jumperoo but is a bit too long for it now (her feet are almost flat and not on tip toes anymore), plus it's too much hassle to set up just to go to the loo!

Any other ideas on where I can put her..? At the moment, if I know I'm going to be out of the room away from her for 5mins + she ends up in her cot but I feel mean doing that but know it's the only place she's 100% safe on her own.

I understand the dilemma here! What about strapping her into her pushchair or car seat?
You could get a play pen?
I guess the good side of Ruby not crawling yet is that she can't get out of her bumbo or playnest yet and I can leave her on the floor. We have the same problem with the bouncy chair though. That has been put away!

Tricky one!

The only thing that I can suggest is getting a playpen which will stop her crawling all over the place!

Aside from the playpen though, I can't really think of anything else :(

x

I'd be interested in this too, Aisling seems to be spending more time in her cot when I do things like hoovering and she's not even close to crawling yet! The playpens just seem so big though, I'm not sure where I'd put it.

FIL gave us a Chicco walker. I didn't want her to have a walker but I'm thinking of taking the wheels off this so that she can play with the activity station and it'll give us a little bit with somewhere to put her.

I'd be interested in this too, Aisling seems to be spending more time in her cot when I do things like hoovering and she's not even close to crawling yet! The playpens just seem so big though, I'm not sure where I'd put it.

I agree that they are very big! Especially as I am in a flat so will have to move some furniture around (or out!) in order to accommodate it. Worst case I will have to get rid of a sofa or something and sit on the floor instead!! Ha Ha. x

Yeah I just had a quick look at the playpens and I'm not sure where we'd put one either. We have a big kitchen/diner but a little living room so it couldn't go in there and I hardly spend any time in the kitchen so no good out there either lol

It'd fit in her bedroom but it'd be one of those things I'd have to have set up all the time otherwise I might as well just pop her in her cot. And if it's in her room then she might as well just go in her cot because she's safe there anyway lol

Am I being too picky? :rofl:

I like your idea of a stationary walker though Lu! Would it stand up / be sturdy enough without any wheels on it..?

It should be sturdy enough, the bottom of it is pretty solid with rubber things to stop it moving (although they don't touch the ground with the wheels on?!) and the wheels seem like the weakest part! :dohh: I'll try to post a pic.

Worst case I will have to get rid of a sofa or something and sit on the floor instead!! Ha Ha. x

:rofl:
Who said babies don't take over??

Absolutely! I no longer have pictures up on my walls in my living room as they are replaced by posters with the alphabet and counting on instead! I get some funny looks when people come over as if I purposely CHOSE to put them up instead of grown up pictures!

We are going to get a travel cot to put Sam in instead of a playpen as they are just too big! We will put some toys in there for him so it will be just like a playpen and he won't sleep in there. If I put him in his cot he gets upset because he associates it with sleep. We have also got a leap frog learn and groove activity station which he loves. I suppose it is a bit like a walker without the wheels and its not too big. He sits in it and there are lots of musical/light activities all around him. The seat swivels and he can bounce a bit in it too. Think its reduced in mothercare at the moment but not sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->