If anyone was worrying about benefits

you get more for being a single person than for being in a couple, thats why loads of people pretend to be split up and dont live together (but do really)

I know loads n loads of people who are doing it, because it gets them more money.

Then report them instead of tarring all us genuine claimants with the same brush!!!

I dont think any one gets 500 a week in benefits all together ??

I think they do you know, if their monthly rent is high enough, coupled with council tax benefit, child benefit, income support etc. With enough children and an expensive enough house it can easily get to 500 x
Different areas with rents and all that I heard of the high rent you have in England in some places.

does that include housing benefits a lot of single mums get near the rent paid for them so that would mean they would have not a lot left?

Lots of families live on £26k & below & pay their own rent/mortgage & bills. How is it any different?
Dont know what you mean there.

Well then whether it includes HB or not is irrelevant?

Either way my DH works for less than 26k and we still manage to pay rent, council tax, bills, £500 a month off debt that we owe and save for a house and live comfortably so i don't see how people on benefits can't?
how is it irreverent when its a benefit and I was asking if it was included?

I think they do you know, if their monthly rent is high enough, coupled with council tax benefit, child benefit, income support etc. With enough children and an expensive enough house it can easily get to 500 x

Agree, someone I know is ranting on FB because she has 6 kids, she doesn't work, gets her rent paid etc.
She can get a job, all her kids are of school age. She just claims she is looking after her son :shrug:

Maybe she is is carer x
My mum is a carer for my autistic sister and dosnt work.

can we not turn this in to a bash people on benefits thread and who deserves what thread?

I don't think it is, everyones in agreement, those who screw the system, should be capped and forced to work, those who genuinely need the benefit should be fully entitled to it, i really don't think theres any bashing going on. Its all well and good to say "maybe shes a carer" but honestly, shes on the girls Facebook, i don't think she'd have used this example if the woman was a carer.

Just because they are FB it does not mean she knows their situation?! :flower:

you get more for being a single person than for being in a couple, thats why loads of people pretend to be split up and dont live together (but do really)

I know loads n loads of people who are doing it, because it gets them more money.

Then report them instead of tarring all us genuine claimants with the same brush!!!

When have i ever done that? lol

p.s - i think that ONE parent staying at home is fair enough, its BOTH parents staying at home that i have issues with, of course kids should be looked after by their mamas, but it does beg the question, why do career minded, working folk have to go back to work after a few months when the state is prepared to pay for benefit claimants to stay at home til their youngest is in school?

Totally unfair.

Maybe both parents are at home because they have been made redundant, caring for their partner etc!!!

You seem to have an opinion in your head that if 2 parents are at home and not in work that they are doing it cos they get more money!!!

This is not always the case.

still looking for anywhere that i might have said anything negative at all about anyone claiming benefits actually and i cannot find 1 example... i said i didnt like 2 parents staying off but that i thought 1 was reasonable... is that what you mean? :shrug:

you have to remember, we claim benefits, Lots of them, we would be deeply in the poo without housing benefit, council tax benefit as well as tax credits and child benefit so to suggest i 'tar all benefit claimants with the same brush' is just absolutely ludicrous, i haven't said any such thing.

p.s - i think that ONE parent staying at home is fair enough, its BOTH parents staying at home that i have issues with, of course kids should be looked after by their mamas, but it does beg the question, why do career minded, working folk have to go back to work after a few months when the state is prepared to pay for benefit claimants to stay at home til their youngest is in school?

Totally unfair.

Maybe both parents are at home because they have been made redundant, caring for their partner etc!!!

You seem to have an opinion in your head that if 2 parents are at home and not in work that they are doing it cos they get more money!!!

This is not always the case.

No, i said i dont think its right that you get more money for 2 parents staying at home than you do if one is working! Which i totally stand by

and 'caring for a partner' IS working and is treated differently, if you honestly believe that there are not vast numbers of people 'pretending' to be on the sick and also pretending to live apart when they actually live together, you are sorely mistaken.

It is not 'always' the case, it is 'often' the case... which is all i have ever alluded too, you just wish to get offended about something for some reason...

Most of the people i know are not claiming benefits and the ones i know that are are genuinely claiming what they are entitled to, not lying on forms and to DWP officers about who lives in their house, how many kids they have etc etc.

So maybe the people you know or hear about are the people who know how to screw the system for all it's worth and if they get caught they don't really care.

I am under no illusion that their are people claiming benefits that they ARE not entitled to, but that is upto people to report benefit fraud and hope they are caught not sit and decide if A family is more entitled that B family.

We don't make the rules and there will always be a minority who screw the system for all it's worth and again make the genuine claimers look like we are all them.

But thats pretty much what everyone on this thread has said... Although i totally disagree that the millions of people on Incap are all 'geninue' claimants, because they simply arent, this is not a rare thing.

But no one has 'tarred all benefit claimants with the same brush' or suggest those in need shouldnt have them (though there should probably be some measure in place to stop people having children when they are only able to support them through benefits etc)

so i dont understand why the emotive, agressive tone of your posts? No body has suggested you and 'your friends' are in the wrong, just that there should be harsher measure on those who are in the wrong...

You might think i am being aggressive but your coming across as smug!!!

:roll:

I think that Incapacity Benefit claimants may be the most 'bashed' of all, more so than single mums it seems.

lol I read it as £500 per month, and I was thinking that's not so much. Now I read it clearer it says per WEEK?! Who gets that much???? I certainly don't.

lol I read it as £500 per month, and I was thinking that's not so much. Now I read it clearer it says per WEEK?! Who gets that much???? I certainly don't.

Must be people with loads of kids, because as a single parent of 1, I get just over £500 a MONTH(I don't claim housing benefit or council tax though as I live at home still)

Dont even talk to me about benefits atm... after the joke phone call with tax credits last week i have no faith in the government anymore!

£500 to me is a hell of a lot, we get half of that but manage to provide for two children and two adults!

Im on maternity, my OH is in FT education, and works 2 days a week all day. between us we only just scrape enough to pay all our bills. We are entitled to child benefit and £10 tax credit that is all.... only because there taking it from the previous tax year when me and OH both worked over 30 hrs a week and earnt double what we do now. My OH s at uni to better our life and his carrer aspects. Im forced to return to work as soon as my maternity stops as we wont be able to live enless we didnt live together. Its like your punished for working...
They wont even accept that now we dnt earn what we did and that money would help with rent and take the pressure off a little.

Im on maternity, my OH is in FT education, and works 2 days a week all day. between us we only just scrape enough to pay all our bills. We are entitled to child benefit and £10 tax credit that is all.... only because there taking it from the previous tax year when me and OH both worked over 30 hrs a week and earnt double what we do now. My OH s at uni to better our life and his carrer aspects. Im forced to return to work as soon as my maternity stops as we wont be able to live enless we didnt live together. Its like your punished for working...
They wont even accept that now we dnt earn what we did and that money would help with rent and take the pressure off a little.

They 'should' be able to base your tax credits on this tax year if you can give them an idea of what you will be earning... thats what friends of mine have said to me anyway, but they do the same thing to us, i think a lot of it is finding someone on the end of the phone who is worth their salt x

I think peoples opinions vary on the areas they live in?
I really hate Carol McGriffin. Shes vulgar, crass, makes assumptions about things she knows nothing about and generally offends everyone. & I HATE THAT HORRIBLE PAPER CLIP NECKLACE SHE WEARS!
Tell me about it she wears that every day. pees me off to. :thumbup:
actually there is loads of jobs, we still bring in workers from overseas because there are no british folk to do the care jobs/cleaning jobs etc that are in abundance.

I am not about to argue with you over that, I have a mate who looks for jobs all the time and I help her and there is nothing in my town or the next city. Its a bit dry down here. Even the polish that live here are unemployed now. Thankfully I am not in that position. I hope I dont have to drag up screen shots of the job center on line to prove theres nothing here in the area. :wacko:

I agree there are not jobs in every area, but there are in some...

Sorry, i probably didnt quite think that statement through x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->