If i get one more phone call or comment.....i will scream!!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Ema, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Trish

Trish Marley's mom

I feel your pain and I'm not even overdue. It drives ya nuts!! Everyday I have people calling "are ya in labour yet?!" If I was in bloody labour do you think I'd be answering the phone to chit-chat?!!?!?! I can imagine being overdue people must get a lot worse.

2. clairebear

clairebear Mummy to 2 handsome boys.

this is why i love u guys x

3. Ema

Ema Mummy :) xxx

:hug: exactly without this for the last 7 months i would have gone crazy......hence the almost 7,000 posts :rofl: Maybe love you's to much :) XxxX

4. xXDonnaXx

xXDonnaXx Well-Known Member

Aw. I feel sorry for you. :hugs:

If I was in your postion,I'd have flipped out by now. Lol.

5. bluebell

bluebell Proud Mummy :)

Big :hug: It's strange that noone can see things from your point of view and it's all about what they want (we've got the same with our family / friends :( ) Grrr

xx

6. clairebear

yep this place is ace i have made better friends here x

7. Ema

Yeah you always know we'll be here for you :hug: and lil jack :) XxxX

8. bambikate

bambikate Mummy of 2 gorgeous girls

awww hun keep your phone off for a while or let in go to ansaphone until after baba is here - and just call back the people who aren't asking where baby is! :rofl: lol a nice bit of peace and quiet then! x x

9. clairebear

aww thanks hunni :hug: :cry:

same as for u and little jacob x

10. x-amy-x

x-amy-x Mammy

:cry: i know, no one comes to see us anymore cause she is not a new baby. I know i will do things differently with my next baby. Strictly family only for the first week or so. I hate little groupies :rofl:

11. nessajane

nessajane Well-Known Member

aww bless ya :( must be like a constant reminder that your LO isntt here yet when ppl are ringing you asking!! Switch your phone off for the evening and forgot about everyone else!! nosey buggers!!

12. Ema

Thats what im doing ive said only family at hospital and first week and i mean like brothers etc. No great aunties cousins etc....:rofl: then i said close friends and after that if people are still interested they can come....but i dont want to see the woman next door or her mother until at least 2-3 weeks :rofl: some people may think im being a bitch. But i told OH direct if i have anyone i dont want there i will say....:rofl: i mean this is our baba not theres :) XxxX

13. XKatX

XKatX Well-Known Member

God, I'm dreading this. I hate it when people suddenly contact yu because they want to see bubs - but haven't seen you for months!!
    This happened to my twin when she had both her babies and I'll kill anyone that does it to me!!
    I think the answer phone message is a good idea - that way you can speak to whoever you want to, whenever you want to!!!
    Good luck hun x x :hug:

14. Mervs Mum

Mervs Mum Doula & Mum of 3!

:hug:

I was gonna crack a funny like 'Oh I thought you were posting to say you're in labour' but you and me are kindred spirits ATM arent we, so I'm just gonna send you a massive :kiss:

x

15. Ema

:rofl: thanks hunni :)

Big :hug: for you too :) XxxxX

16. x-amy-x

x-amy-x Mammy

Good luck Em, people will turn up anyway. I had 8 visitors as soon as i got home from hospital after having my c-section. I was so upset and sore i just sat on the couch with my laptop on BnB while they fussed over baby. Consequently, i never really bonded with caitlyn until she was 4 weeks old, only now can I admit that. This is why things will DEFINITELY be done differently next time.

17. alice&bump

alice&bump mummy to katie

lol i'm getting this already. NO I'VE NOT HAD HER YET I'M ONLY 35 WEEKS!!!! had to go into work today and everyone seemed shocked that i was still with child!! god i'm dreading going over!! like others have said, leave a voicemail. i know people do it after the baby's born saying baby such and such was born on/at/weighing...we'll call you when we're ready for visitors.

hope you're feelin a bit better hun xx

18. Ema

:hug: Aw hunni, well i will try :) XxxX

19. clairebear

i was the same i had loadsof istors whilst trying to recover from c section x

20. joeo

joeo Well-Known Member

Ah, I feel for you i really do it will happen when it happens no amount of calls, texts, emails etc are going to make it happen any quicker and do they think that if you had gone into labour or had already given birth that no one would have said anything. do like the others have said switch your phone off, have a long relaxing bubble bath, get some good choc and just try and think there is only you, babe and your oh in the world right now.