If i get one more phone call or comment.....i will scream!!

How frustrating Ema - as if you wouldn't ahve called the important people and told them already!!!

How about changing your voicemail to "baby not arrived yet, so Hubbie and I are out enjoying our last days of freedom together. We'll let you know when we have some news...feel free to leave us a message"

another tip someone gave me (a nice thoughtful person not one of those you must do this/that/the other/blah) is when people call asking to visit then say of course your welsome, please don't bring a present though as we have so much. If you want to bring something then a casserole/box of chocs for mum/pint of milk and 80 tea bags would be appreciated. It's amazing how that puts people off.

Another friend had a note on her front door asking people to call only between certain hours and be prepared to make their own cup of tea :D I thought that one was a brilliant idea.

Ema, i know exactly how you feel. I was so fed up of people ringing me and asking me the same bloody question!!
When i finally went into labour my OH rang family and told them we were on our way to hospital and my OH's brother came to the hospital and waited in the foyer, i got sent home as my contractions stopped and he came with us, i went beserk and sent him on his way!! Also my husbands parents sat on the hospital car park waiting for news aswell but they left after they realised i'd gone home.
When i went back to hospital later that night we didn't tell anyone, there was no way i wanted an audience!!
You do need to prepare yourself for the number of visitors afterwards! After a few days we stopped answering the door!!
Hope you feel better for the vent hun xx

blinkin eck Ema u still here?:rofl:

dont worry hon he will be here soon enough, just talking to a customer today she is 8 days over still no sign yet, 2 sweeps, not a sausage! think boys are just naughty and stubborn:hugs: nd its her 3rd preg!

xxxxx

:hug:

People are ANNOYING!
They started calling me when I was 30 weeks! All random people! :wacko:

In the end,to get them off the phone I'd just say 'oh lookie,contraction,gotta go,by!'

:kiss:

I've been getting the same, it really p*sses me off that people wont just leave me alone. Its been going on since WAY before I was even due!!

I had one earlier "so when do you think she'll come then?" I said "if i knew that, i wouldn't be unemployed, id be telling doctors when babies are due - stupid question"...

I've stopped answering my phone and replying to texts.

As far as I'm concerned, when I'm in labour, the last thing on my mind is letting everyone else know, they've never bothered with me so much until baby is due, now they all wanna know me. People will find out when its happened.

I said to OH this morning as one of my mates texted, similar shit, asking if I'd had baby yet, told him "I cant wait til she's pregnant and gets toward the end so i can fcuk her off as much as she is me". lol

How about changing your voicemail to "baby not arrived yet, so Hubbie and I are out enjoying our last days of freedom together. We'll let you know when we have some news...feel free to leave us a message"

Brilliant. I think I might just do this if Baby Girl is overdue!

I think people just get all overly excited when baby-time comes. A friend of mine went overdue and she said pretty much the same thing. People kept calling, emailing, texting, Facebooking to see if she had the baby yet. For her, it was a constant reminder that yes, she was overdue and yes, she was uncomfortable and wanted it to be over and no, she didn't know when it was going to happen.

:hugs: Take care, hun! I'll admit, I am always wondering if you had Baba yet, but I resort to looking to see if you've posted, as opposed to asking you. :blush:

big hugs EM :hug:. Just have a pregnant lady hormonal rant at them. then they will stay away it always works for me :rofl: he he
xx

Hey Ema my mum has only given me one piece of advice since I have been pregnant and that was not to tell anyone my exact due date but to make it for a few weeks after. I really wish I had listened to her now! Im not over due yet but people constantly calling asking if Ive had him....."we will call you now bugger off!"

awww, poor Ema!!! I hope he decides to come soon!! I really feel for you!

Oh dear hun can understand I would be soooo pissed off.
Just ignore them all :hugs:

i just tried to google a door sign that says 'FUCK OFF' but they dont do them unfortunately, i think you should just change all voicemails to this as well, the people who you want to know and contact tell them they are ok beforehand.

Clear as day then eh, this is my plan, i dont care for being polite about it if they are peeing me off...

i will just blame the hormones after and if they are pissed off i wont give a fuck coz i will have my baby :D

Ahhh how annoying :hugs: You're being fab though Ema, staying sooo upbeat :lol: i cant believe it!! Maybe just turn your phone off and leave an answ message saying 'NO THERE HE IS NOT HERE YET!!' But suppose then you cant also get hold of people, you could put that as a message and bump calls onto the answ message :)

:hugs:

Well deserved rant!! And... you crack me up! :rofl: People are so obnoxious aren't they?

oh babes, :hugs:
Glad ur enjoying ur time with ur OH! xx

:hugs: Some people are bloody annoying arnt they!! :hugs:

I've still got 5 weeks to go and I've been hearing 'have you not had him yet??' for weeks now! I'm going into hiding......

I totally sympathise Ema! I am already getting phone calls/text messages/people asking and I am not even overdue yet! They say things like, 'no baby yet then? When do you think you will go into labour?' Well I don't know!!!

I know people are only trying to be nice and are excited about the baby, but when you want the baby to come soon yourself, it is really annoying when people constantly comment. I just hope that I don't go waaayyy overdue as I am sure people (well meaning, I know) will really start to get on my nerves. You think that people would also realise that it is far more common that you are overdue with your first baby than going on or before your dates.

Just turn off your phone and ignore them...hope they get the message hun! :rofl:

I'm sick already....... I get e'mails and texts everyday and I've got 5 weeks left.
Luckily I start my maternity on Friday so I'll be at home and I'll just ignore phone but give my OH and family a special code to ring :D
x x x x x x x x x x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->