If one more person....

Nic-Flowers

Reaction score
I am just raving mad at the moment. Someone saw a picture of my kitten sitting on the baby's bouncer seat on my myspace page...and thought they would leave a cute comment.

"gonna have to keep all the cats outta the babys room after he comes! it's gonna be hard keepin' mine outta the babys room but ya gotta do what ya gotta do! at least for a lil' while anyway"

At this point it is hard to tell if I am hormonal or homicidal. I am so sick of people telling me my cats are going to kill/hurt the baby. Seriously F*ck off. I am so angry because each time I try to explain that we are letting our cats get used to the baby things and they have been around babies tons of times people tell me "it doesn't matter" so then I freak out and say something like

"I guess I shouldn't have the cat sleep right on the baby's face then"

:hissy: I need a good scream...but if I went outside and let one go someone might think I have actually killed someone...:hissy:

***plus we are going to keep the cat locked out of the room while the baby is sleeping, we aren't mental. (well by the looks of that rant I might be)

:hugs: YOUR doing the right thing by letting them get used to baby Items and Such, Forget what other people say

my mw said my 2 cats won't harm Bump, they have slept in everything we have gotten.... including some freshly-washed baby clothes....... tho I bet one will run 1st time he hears Bump cry! And we've gotten some cute cat pics of the 2 of them, the chair we got for bf in bump's room - they fought over it and now my girl cat will only sleep on it, no where else. I'm sure she told the other one - "F*** off, this is mine, if I smell you've been on it you'll lose another tooth!" from the growl she gave him!

You've been had by the pregnancy police.:hug:

Tell people you've got a dingo. :rofl:

People just have nothing better eles to do lol My cat LOVES laying in the carseat and on the changing table, I dont care where she lays as long as it isnt in the crib, Shes never went in the crib or tried to so im not worried

My OH's mum had a cat, and when I was pregnant with Devon, everytime we were round her house the cat would come and sit on my bump, she would do that thing cats do with their paws to get comfy before lying down, it was so sweet!

I get that all the time with the dog! Just ignore it..... Ive even had people try to rehome my dog for me!

....we aren't mental. (well by the looks of that rant I might be)

:rofl: Oh, how true it is!

It's hard to bite your tounge at 'well wishers' eh? I totally understand. I've have so many times where I've snapped at someone for making a stupid comment or whatever. Sometimes I'm just genuninely like "wtf??" when I see/hear what people say.

Someone commented on one of my bare belly pictures that I have on an album on Facebook and she goes "OWWW. Have fun pushing your baby out.. LMAO!!!"

:confused:

Seriously? I'm lacking the non-pregnancy hormones to think that saying something like that to someone is a good idea.... So it never ends! If you didn't have cats they'd be harping or nitpicking something else of yours. Gotta love humanity at times.

YES I HATE IT! i get this so much off my parents. They think I have tigers and massive wolves here the way they go on about my pets. I am not that stupid I know ffs! every time i see my parents or talk to them its the same thing about getting rid off all my pets. Saying they have to go. Then everthing they hear like when the neighbours dog went missing they said my dogs ate it??? wtf? my dogs will lick people to death and groom my cats. I just hate how they make them out to be dangerous. Cats get it to, they will kill my baby also.

The nursary is off limits to them they havnt set foot in it and arnt allowed to. I am sick of explaining that they will not be all left alone together just incase the cats decided to eat the baby or the dogs maul it. I know my dogs and they have never bitten or caused anyone harm and wont take that chance anyway of leaving them alone.

also i got a comment yesterday "oh you sound like your ready for it ot of you and the worst if yet to come for you" this was from a man. And had to explain everyting i had over this past few months and how i welcome labour. He apoligised as I think he only though you got a back ache from it all.

very ignorant people out there. I would understand the pet thing if you didnt take caution or even your pet did attack people but wish they would just shut up about it. Even my neighbour has said it to me!

My OH's mum had a cat, and when I was pregnant with Devon, everytime we were round her house the cat would come and sit on my bump, she would do that thing cats do with their paws to get comfy before lying down, it was so sweet!

My cats think my bump was put there just for them to lay on, and then when baby kicks they look at me like I did it. Lol.

I have had people offer to take my cats home with them after a visit. They have been my babies...my husband got them for me after the miscarriage and I could never get rid of them. They are the only thing that had kept me sane during TTC and this pregnancy.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY...are people going to be telling us to get rid of the babies when they chase down our pets and pull out their fur? A baby will be way more vicious than my cats...they are pansies.:rofl:

Cats are fine. Just think soon enough baby will be crawling after kitty! I have never read any actual story of a cat smothering a child, but people still worry about it with good cause. I mean it is scary even if it has no fact base. :(

:hug:

Someone commented on one of my bare belly pictures that I have on an album on Facebook and she goes "OWWW. Have fun pushing your baby out.. LMAO!!!"

That is really rude. I hope you removed them as a friend in a hormonal rage!

I would :rofl:

Sorry about the inconsiderate nutters leavin nasty messages. My mother has cats 3 and when i was pg the older one came and snuggled up to my bump and started to purr, my baby then started to kick me...was soo cute

Ugh i had a few people tell me i need to get rid of teh cat.
I dont think so!

I have had a few friends with pets give birth over the past couple of years and let me tell you, their pets have been fabulous. One dog was at risk of getting a bladder infection because he wouldn't leave the room that the baby was in - not to eat, not even to pee - he was the baby's protector. Another cat would hiss at people who tried to go near "his" baby. When I was born, my mom had 30 cats and three other children, and none of us suffocated. (mind you, not all of the 30 cats were in the house - only 3 or 4, but still!) Tell THAT to the naysayers!

Harumpf!

A

my mum has a pick of my sis's cat (named Snoopy) asleep beside me in my crib....... cats dont' smother babies - or steal the baby's breath! Dogs don't do anything either.

We have a kitten to and luckily we haven't had any negative comments but (this will make you laugh) when I first found out I was pregnant I was a bit concerned about the cat as we'd only had her 2 weeks and I had heard of cats getting in moses baskets etc.

So I was talking to one of my clients about it and said I was a little bit worried as didn't know how posie would react to baby and my client said, oh you mean because of the milk ?! errrrrrrrrrrrrrr no, had NO idea what she meant so I said what do you mean and she said (i kid you not) incase the cat smells the milk and trys to breastfeed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF !!!! I don't know what the expression must of been on my face but I bet it was funny cuz I was gobsmacked, ive never in my life heard anything like it so I had to politely say no it was the moses basket I was concerned about !! LMAO

Anyway it does annoy me when some people comment about pets being around babys, its not like you are going to put the basket on the floor and smother it with cat food or throw treats in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->