If one more person....

I thought I replied to this but my internet was being screwy so maybe not..

I get the same thing, my parents have told me my cat's going to feel neglected because she won't have any attention and she really is my big baby right now :)

Stuff like oh you're gonna have to keep that cat away from you and your room and you'd better hope the baby has no allergies to the cat..

And they just talk as if I found her in the wild somewhere, lol. She's domesticated for f*ck's sakes and she's just a big pussy ~ afraid of EVERYTHING lol

Someone commented on one of my bare belly pictures that I have on an album on Facebook and she goes "OWWW. Have fun pushing your baby out.. LMAO!!!"

That is really rude. I hope you removed them as a friend in a hormonal rage!

I would :rofl:

I had a moment where I envisioned the nasty, horrible things that I was going to do to them :rofl:

But the fact of the matter is that she is young, and doesn't really get it I think. I don't think she was intentionally trying to be mean as she's not a malicious person in the slightest... just a bit naieve when it comes to dealing with heavily pregnant women.

LOL :hissy:

Weve been getting the same, we have 1, soon to be 3, and we're not worried at all, people just scare monger as their paranoid cats will do things to babies.

My mum had 5 cats when I was born, and they used to sleep on my feet when I was in the moses basket and she was never worried as they were interested in my face in the slightest

it gets me annoyed 2, all ov my oh 9 sisters have told me 2 get rid ov my cat as they seem 2 think he will harm my baby, he is a big softie and he is hardly in the house any ways! my mum is a vet and said i have nothing 2 worry about. my cat wnt sleep in the moses basket coz he has his own place where he likes 2 sleep. ignore them you know the best for your baby x

I agree with the others: it's just ignorance and the best thing you can do is ignore it. Easier said than done, though, especially if you're feeling particularly hormonal. I have two cats who think the whole nursery and all of the gear was purchased especially for their pleasure! I'm not in the least bit worried about them smothering the baby or anything silly like that. They are getting used to the baby's things and they will get used to the baby, too. In fact, I have no doubt they will adore baby, as they are both very social and affectionate creatures and strongly approve of frequent feeding and napping behaviours! :)

"Tell them you have a dingo" - I had to wipe off my computer screen as I was drinking water when I read this and choked! Laughed very very hard. Good one! Must try to use that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->