If you complain about Sainsburys they ban you ...

Dragonfly

Mother of 4
Reaction score
Yep thats right. I was ordering with them for about 2 years and they sent me out of date stuff near every week, was ok for a while there just got money back when they done that no biggie. Sometimes got a voucher for a bit more to say sorry, most the time I got to check and hand the stuff back again. Not to fond of sour milk and mouldy bread and all. So a few weeks in a row they sent me out of date gammon, we didnt fancy it so got money back then wed got my order and the pancakes and chicken where out of date so called and got money back. Woman on phone spouted the usual will speak to store like they do every week . Then I go to sign in other day and my account is banned, called them and all said the manager is not letting me have any more deliveries! I am waiting on him to call back here so I cant even go out till he does.

I dont go to tesco as they have more gluten free foods and stuff tesco dosnt have. But looks like instead of sainsburys sorting out their crappy pickers and checking dates they rather ban customers as it gets them in trouble. I spent a lot of money in there every week :shrug:ps this is for home delivery I dont have a car and the store is to far from me both that and tesco. So I have no option of popping in to them and doing my own shop. Our supermarkets dont even cater for me here either and are way to dear in my town. Wish we had asda or aldi even I hear they are good.

I feel like I am some sort of liar here when I can prove they sent me this stuff out of date as most the time I sent it back, i sent back a crate of out of date stuff before and they felt bad and re arranged a new crate for the next day. I even changed my delivery day as they came up with some reason saying new stuff comes in on a wed. :shrug:

what a crappy store.

OMG that's just not on. When he rings give him hell hun xxx

I'd be by-passing the store and going to head office. Thy are in serious breech of health and safety. Cheeky buggers!

Yes defo get in contact with someone above that stores manager. Thats really bad. Im sure it's happening to other people in your area too.

:shock:

Oh My God, that's shocking.

Keep us updated.

V xxx

id be going to head office too. Why do they even have out of date stuff on their shelves?!

Wow thats so wrong! Definitely be taking that up with head office .

That's awful, definitely go to head office and name the store so the branch manager gets in trouble.

thats really bad - out of date things, i mean occasionally the odd thing gets left on the shelf but most supermarkets dont have them on the shelves so how weird that the pickers always seem to get it

i too would be going higher than the store

My God, I don't know about them but when I worked for Asda and we had an audit the store would be fined £1000 for every out-of-date item on the shelves. I'd definitely complain to head office, the manager is only banning you for highlighting what a shit manager he is!! :wacko:

I did go higher than them and there was phone calls all round, the mananger from the store called me and basically said I was a liar about my last shopping item that was out of date even though i have a pic of that item with past sell by date on it and even shared it with facebook sainsbirys as I dont like being called a liar. I didnt get a sorry but my accounts back. They said they where watching my account basically. Even the gammon 2 weeks in a row which where out of date where not! I had to chuck them and not order them again as I was fed up with that, also turned me off buying meat from them. They said they have it marked to check dates on my order now, Shouldnt this be done on everyone anyway?
I know dam well they give out of date stuff on purpose to home customers to get rid of it. It Used to happened way to often. They used to send me bread out of date it was so bad at one point.

I dont even want to spent any more money on them they have pissed me off with that. I was a loyal customer and didnt deserve that. Tesco has my money this week.

Thats awfull, id be threatening to go to the local paper or somthing.
How dare they make you out to be the bad guy when your giving them money and just want what you pay for.

I agree with the other ladies.

I wouldn't even give him the opportunity to explain himself! I would go straight to head office and put in a complaint. No doubt they'll have details of the things that have happened on file...but why should you be penalised for their inabililty to follow simple food hygiene legislation?

Absolutely shocking...I'd be going to the papers too :rofl:

I know its harder to go to Tesco too...but purely out of principle I would.

I hate Sainsburys anyway myself. I think its overpriced and crappier.

I would contact environmental health as the store is breaking the law and putting peoples health at risk. Not everyone checks the dates and for someone who was immuno depressed, it could be a matter of life and death!

I dont think they will send me any more out of date stuff , only took 2 years of complaints and a ban. However I will make the driver stand there so I can check all the dates and will hand him back stuff like I did for a while just to prove it again. But I dont really want to spend my money on people that called me liars rather than sort the shit staff out. I posted a pic on their facebook wall of the out of date stuff that I apparently lied about to. Just wanted them to see i wasnt a liar. Feel pissed off about it.

Shit thats awful. My aunt does the picking for the online orders and they have to pick the items with the longest sell by date so i'm assuming the people aren't bothering to look, picking the stuff at the front which is probably on it's sell by date or just surpassed it (they normally pick your delivery in the middle of the night to give you in the morning) :nope:
As the others have said I'd take it higher, send all evidence you have to head office and say you don't agree with the way they have treated you.

I had my first online grocery shop with sainsburys this week and I think it will be my last. Was not particularly impressed with them. They don't even price match on substituted items like tesco or asda.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->