if you won the lottery..

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
Would you splash out and live the rich lifestyle, have a fancy car, posh house in a different country and have lots of nice expensive clothes?

Id like to think i wouldn't change so much, i mean if i drove, i would defo have a nice car, and yes i would have a nice house, but i wouldn't go a far as getting a so-and-so million pound mansion.
My auntie has a big house, there is only her and her husband now. Because it is that old and cant ALL be cleaned and looked after, the part that doesn't get used (the guest house) is all tatty and needs repairing.. i just dont see the point having more than you need.

I probably would have nice clothes, but not necessarily expensive designer clothes, maybe just clothes that i think are expensive now..

i ask this after seeing that the old 'Howsham Hall Boarding School' has been converted into a 14 bedroom mansion for £5m. looking at the pictures and it looks lovely, and yes i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to live in a house like that, but how expensive would it be keeping it clean, repaired and warm...

I wouldn't live a extravagant lifestyle at all!

I would buy a 4 bedroom (max) house in a nice area in my city, that would probably be around 300k. Buy a new car, probably a new Golf or Audi or something.

I would still buy all my clothes from the highstreet, i'm not fussed on designer clothes.

The only thing 'luxurious' I would do is travel and go on lots of nice holidays! Other than that, I would just live comfortably and sensibly.

Now it does depend on exactly how much iykwim. If I won big on the euro millions we would defo live a very extrvagent lifestyle tbh!! I'd also build my home as well as I would love love love to do that!
But if I win about a million (let's face it a million these days as lovely as that would b wouldn't go as far as it used too!) I would buy a nice respectable 3 bed, a nice family car, pay for a family holiday and a nice couples holiday for my and oh, get married, obv pay off my debts and make sure we put as much as poss away. I would still work but only part time.. Maybe invest in some property to rent so I wouldn't really work

I'd spend money on re-decorating our house and spend some on learning to drive and buying a car, as well as using some to be a SAHM for a while otherwise I don't think I'd go too crazy-I'm too much of a worrier and would be concerned it would all run out too quickly!

I'd use it to pay off lo's school fees in advance and get a good discount on it :haha: I would be able to buy a house on the road I like and invest the rest to secure my pension - very exciting I know! I don't think I would like too much differently to now but I'd do more of the same things but more often and probably do a few more hobbies.

Pay off debts
Help close family out
Buy a nice house!
Put money in accounts for the kids when they grow up.
I wouldn't want fancy cars or a massive house though!

I'd spend on lot on my parents/parents in law, sister, sil and bil. I don't think i'd be super extravagant, i'd want me and my loved ones to all be comfortable and not have to worry about money primarily. If i won the euro millions i'm sure i'd make some splurge purchases but i don't think my overall spending habits would be massively upsized.

I would definitely still stay in the area as adore it and I have my eye on a house up the road with a helipad lol x

Well, I guess I'm going to go against the grain here. :haha:

Yes, I'd upgrade my lifestyle and my family's (mom/dad/sister). Not that any of us have it rough, but you know, things can always be better/easier.

Nicer car, nicer house, nicer clothes. We're scuba divers, so we'd probably buy a boat.

And of course - travel the world and no longer work. :thumbup:

Oh yeah, and start a business (most likely a restaurant that we've been talking about for a few years now).

A big win would mean for me :

Buy a house to live in for now while building my dream home on a nice plot if land near the river Tyne or the north east coast.
learn to drive
have new car for me and for hubby
Set money aside in trust for the kids
set money aside in a high interest account to set up a standig order for the interest only on it to go to charities close to my heart
it would also cover uni fees for me and hubby to become what we want. Him a dr and I want to study to be a pharmacist

It would depend how much I won!! If I had a big win on Euromillions - like the person who won the 107 million recently, I would have the big house and fast cars as I'd have the money to maintain their upkeep. If I 'only'(?!) won 1 million or so realistically I couldn't even have the millionaires lifestyle even if I wanted it. By the time I had helped family and bought a nice, modest house and car, I'd have to go easy if I wanted any left for when I get old!!

DH and I have definitely talked about this with the lottery being so high the past few years and we definitely wouldn't want an over extravagant lifestyle.

We would pay off our debt, move away somewhere, buy a nice moderate house, moderate cars, set a yearly budget and put the rest away.

I'd enjoy us not having to work and spending quality family time together!

It depends on how much we won I guess. Couple of million I'd prob stay in this house and just have really nice holidays and clothes for a good few yrs. it would also mean that hubby wouldn't have to work.

If we won the euro yeah I'd buy a lovely town house in cambridge and a holiday home somewhere hot, have a fancy car and wear designer clothes all the time, why not x

I'd immediately pay off my parents and best friends mortgage and surprise dh with a Ferrari testerossa (sp).
We would quit work -well hand down the family business to bil and take everyone on holiday and upgrade to a decent size private house, buy a few holiday homes etc etc.
If we won one or two million we would invest, probably in property and look to retire from work in say 5 years.
Xx

I'd still like to get my degree and work, if only part time, but maybe I'd do a masters or something that I couldn't afford now. I'd get a car, but not a particularly nice one. My dream car is something small that I can park easily but with enough room for a baby seat! I'd buy a nice house but probably not a mansion because 1) no need and 2) I like neighbours, being alone creeps me out. I'd definitely go crazy on the clothes though! Probably the biggest selfish expense would be travelling.

If we won silly money - like the £100m+ Euromillions type jackpots then I'd give most of it away to family and charity.

I wouldn't want to move, we've recently moved and it's potentially our forever home. We need to do some repair work and an extension this year - instead of living on a building site I'd pay to rent out a nice furnished home for a couple of months while it's done. And I'd pay off our mortgage and put aside a nice pension pot and savings for children's university, weddings etc.

I'd give up work but start my own business or charity as I wouldn't want to do nothing.

I wouldn't get flash cars but would replace our old car with a people carrier. I wouldn't wear designer clothes but maybe I'd go to nicer high street stores. I don't think I'd get a cleaner (no one else would do it properly lol) but I'd pay to have our car valeted (it's always a disgrace!) and a gardener now and again as I'm rubbish at gardening!

I think my one true "millionaire lifestyle" indulgence would be nice holidays. We've done a bit of 5 star holidays already in places like Cambodia where 5* hotels are the price of a premier inn over here. But I'd go to more expensive places like New York and still do 5* which we couldn't afford to do now.

I would buy a nice 5 bedroom house, no mansion but something with a few acres so we can keep some animals. I'd help out my family. I'd do lots of travelling with the kids. I'd invest carefully. Oh and buy some gorgeous cars :D

We have this conversation every week..

If we won a million or so we would pay off debts, pay off family debts, buy a 5 bed house, buy a car each and we would both train in new professions and be safe in the knowledge that we could quit our horrid jobs and have the money to live whilst we trained.

If we won the euro millions like 100+ we would have houses in various countries, we would travel (in school holidays) educate ourselves in many different subjects, hubby would have his dream car, we would give our families plenty to live off, hubby would like a race track

I would be more than happy with enough to pay off our debts and have a little in savings just incase.. we both dislike our jobs but that is life xx

Id want a 5 bedroom house with large garden. Id probably get a nice car. Thats it lol.

I haven't done the lottery in aaaaages!! I very very rarely play it and I wouldn't want to win much tbh. A few hundred thousand so we could buy a nice house and not have a mortgage would be sufficient. I don't think I'd ever what to give up work until I was at retirement age but I would like to be able to afford to study. If I won a bit more it would be nice to be able to have the financial freedom to put aside a substantial amount of money for my children's futures - for if they want to go to university or a deposit on a first house etc. I would have two more babies as I'd love to be able to afford to have more. I really wouldn't want to lead an extravagant lifestyle. I would of course like to help out some family and friends and I'd like to do a lot lot more for the charities I support. I think charity work/support would play a big part in my life if I was more financially secure and I'd have a reliable, big car that I could get all my children in lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->