If your babys daddy has a job..

mBLACK

Mother to one & WTT!
Reaction score
and makes alot of money but doesn't want to see the baby, can you still take him to court and make him pay child support? I thought if he doesn't want to see the baby then he doesn't have to pay. Anybody?

He's 50% responsible for conceiving that child and irregardless if he wants to see the child or not, he still has a responsibility.

But I do have a question. How old is the baby's father?

I don't think anything can be done until they are of legal age.

Is 18 the legal age in Saskatchewan?

I know Alberta is 18 and BC is 19.

EDIT: Ok, 18 is legal age in Saskatchewan.

Another question for you. After the baby is born, will you be seeking social assistance?

If so, they will pursue the dad in paying child support by using the family maintenance organization. Social assistance is very, very active in ensuring that the dad pays child support as then they can deduct that amount from your social assistance cheques.

I'm getting a drug card from SA but not getting anything else...just so my meds and the babys will be paid until I get a job. My parents can pay for it, but I don't see why they have to. I'm not going to have any income while I'm looking after the baby so I'm getting that much.

If you even do that much, they'll take child support payments from him. You don't even have to get involved at all. He won't see that money, they garnish his wages.

Or, that is what I have been told. I've yet to actually look into it

Im not sure how it is in Canada... But here in the US, if you are the father, you PAY! reguardless if you want to see the baby or not.... However, if he pays, he has a right to see the baby weither you want him to or not. If that makes any sense... :)

PS, doesnt matter how much they make, its all a %... and if the court orders he pays and he doesnt pay, then the court can take the money from his pay check and then pay you :)

Another question for you. After the baby is born, will you be seeking social assistance?

If so, they will pursue the dad in paying child support by using the family maintenance organization. Social assistance is very, very active in ensuring that the dad pays child support as then they can deduct that amount from your social assistance cheques.

No I'm not going to be seeking social assistance. I live with my grandmother and she makes well over enough to support the baby and I, but the thing is my father is CHILDISH and has borrowed literally about 10,000.00 in the past 6 months and he doesn't pay her back. She's low on money because everybody borrows money from her and it's difficult as it is with our financial problems. The city will never let us be on social assistance, she's making about 34-36$ an hour.

P.S. Leeanne I'm sure it's just your pregnancy brain but I'm in Manitoba not Saskatchewan remember?:rofl: Yes the legal age is 18 here too though.

But then again if I make him pay, he has the RIGHT to see the baby without my supervision right? What if I don't make him pay? Damn it's confusing.

I have been told that you can still have full custody and he still has to pay. Somehow. How that is, I have no idea.

My feelings are that if you do not want the father to be in the child's life, then you shouldn't make him pay for a child he is not allowed to see. I've known too many men who are forced to pay for children and when they try and get the courts to give visitation the mother blocks it.

However, if he's just not wanting to take the responsibility of the child then by all means make him pay up. Here, they take it straight out of the paycheck - generally a certain % - and then send a check straight to you. And here you do have some influence over how much you receive. You can request to have the amount lowered or raised and the courts will consider the request.

My feelings are that if you do not want the father to be in the child's life, then you shouldn't make him pay for a child he is not allowed to see. I've known too many men who are forced to pay for children and when they try and get the courts to give visitation the mother blocks it.

However, if he's just not wanting to take the responsibility of the child then by all means make him pay up. Here, they take it straight out of the paycheck - generally a certain % - and then send a check straight to you. And here you do have some influence over how much you receive. You can request to have the amount lowered or raised and the courts will consider the request.

It's not that I don't want him to see his baby. Moreso I want it to be monitored, he has a very very bad temper and anger problems, VERY bad, he's also a very violent person and I don't trust him with the baby. When he's in rage he can get uncontrollable. Also he TOLD me that his father made a sex video with a younger girl - he told his friend it was a girl named Samatha Weins (she's SIXTEEN), his father is into his 50's and I don't trust his pervert self around my baby without monitoring! So I was trying to figure out if I could get support and still be able to ask that he be monitored while with the baby - and his parents monitored too!

It's not that I don't want him to see his baby. Moreso I want it to be monitored, he has a very very bad temper and anger problems, VERY bad, he's also a very violent person and I don't trust him with the baby. When he's in rage he can get uncontrollable. Also he TOLD me that his father made a sex video with a younger girl - he told his friend it was a girl named Samatha Weins (she's SIXTEEN), his father is into his 50's and I don't trust his pervert self around my baby without monitoring! So I was trying to figure out if I could get support and still be able to ask that he be monitored while with the baby - and his parents monitored too!

I totally agree with you babe. If there's a history of violence, sexual abuse etc then he should defo have supervised contact. As bubs mummy you have every right to feel reassured :)

:hug:

I am pretty sure he legally HAS TO help you with the baby.

Im not sure how it works over in america. But if its his child he should have to pay. If you dont want him to see the child and he doesnt want to see it, wouldnt that be a seperate child custody battle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->