Ikea LEKSVIK cot and furniture set

Teeny

Reaction score
hi All,

this is my 1st baby so really have no clue on this stuff. had my eye on this set from ikea
https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/80108662

and after having an hour to kill yesterday i went in to look at it in the store.

it looks lovely but i was just a bit concearned on a few bits;

1) all the furniture looks so diddy - not silly small and you can get adult hangers in the wardrobe, just not full size...is this normal? :shrug:
2) the cot looks too small....not sure if its that ive only seen the mamouth expensive ones on display in other shops. liek the rest tho and wonder if i should just get a diff cot with the rest of the set?

any comments welcome!

Can't answer your question about the furniture hun, but looking at the internal dimensions of the cot it is a normal size (120x60).

If you've been looking at cotbeds, they are a little bigger (140x70) and comparatively a cot looks quite small. I have both and the difference is noticeable.

We've got the cot, it's quite big actually, really sturdy too. Callie can still lie sideways in it comfortably and she's 6 months old and really long!

Can't help you on the furniture I'm afraid, we only bought the cot.

I have the Gulliver Cot and Hensvik furniture and I love it all! It's really sturdy and my daughter seems to like it. She LOVES her changing table and I like the wardrobe a lot. It seems to fit most of her clothes well up to this point. I've got baskets on the shelves to hold different clothes and things and you can adjust the pole and shelves around so its nice! It seemed small in the store to me, but looks much larger in her small room...lol.

i have this in my sons room, its really good quality and i wouldnt say they were small at all we dont use alot of it we keep the next size up clothes in wardrobe and just use chest of drawers her has quiet alot of clothes and they have plenty of room the draw on his wardrobe is empty! really sturdy and you even get bracets to attach them to the wall for when LO starts climbing x

Thanks all!
think i might go for it but with a diff cot!

Leksvik stuff is such good quality and so strong that a bookshop in Birmingham that I love uses the adult size pieces from the range in their shop to sell the books from; they have had them in there for about 6 years now if not longer and they are still looking great xx

Amy has the extending bed and it is amazing quality for the price, it's a good sturdy piece of furniture. I would definitely look into the cot for this one if we didn't still have her old one.

We were going to buy the wardrobe too, as the one we looked at instore also seems really sturdy and good quality, but we are moving and Amy's new bedroom has fitted wardrobes.

We got the changing table for DS and I love it, got so much use out of it, still using it. We didn't get the wardrobe as it is small looking, we got a pax wardrobe which reaches the ceiling and were lucky enough to get leksvik doors for it, we can get so much stuff in there it's unbelievable. Gutted they don't do the doors anymore as I'd love the same for DD. Can't comment on the cot though as we were given a mamas and papas one.

we have the cot. its really well made an although a little smaller than a cot bed it is still a good size. Euan is 14.5 months and still has loads of room left in it. I think it will last him untill he is 3ish. one side comes off so that it can be used as a bed when they no longer need a cot.
We didnt get the wardrobe as it was quite small and we could get a bigger one in an none nursery range for alot less money.

We actually have their kiddie range wardrobes as the wardrobes in our main bedroom (the adult-range ones are too big and we wanted smaller units of furniture than a triple wardrobe in the event of ever moving house to somewhere the triple didn't fit)... and they're fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->