i'll never understand this (drug content)

C

cherryglitter

why people post pictures of them smoking weed and rolling joints around their kids on facebook?!

also why they even smoke that stuff AROUND their kids belongings and toys.
it really angers me. even normal smoking. why do it!!!

when i smoked i ALWAYS went outside, no matter what.

i won't let anyone smoke in the house, or around anything of jakes. or jake for that matter!

am i being stupid or is this sensible?! i just don't get it.

what also gets on my wick "just smoking a BIG FAT one as put the kids to bed"

I think the type of people who smoke weed around their children are the types of people who don't care much about their kids health, it certainly doesn't come before their pleasure.
I picked up something I had bought on ebay and when I went into the house it stank of cannabis. And there was a young boy (about 5 or 6) there too. I was a bit shocked for sure, especially as they couldn't seem to care about whether I could smell it in their house.

It's terrible that people think having drugs in the same house as the child is accecptable. No child should be exposed to drugs :nope: x

That's just gross :nope: People should never smoke, cannabis or not, around children.

Its not acceptable, what an awful environment for a child to grow up in :nope:

Between my 2FB accounts, i have over 500 friends and i have never come across any pics like that so TBH it shows what kind of friends i have.

1's who care about their babies, toddlers. tweens, teens and grown up kids :)

If people are posting pics like that on their FB, report the pic, possibly call SS and delete and block.

What more can you do :shrug:

V xxx

Are you saying that they do it in the same house? Yeah, that's pretty stupid to be sure. If you just HAVE TO smoke.... well, at least go outside!

Pretty silly.. and advertising it on FB is asking to get arrested or have your kids taken away.

I think the type of people who smoke weed are the types of people who don't care much about their kids health, it certainly doesn't come before their pleasure.
I picked up something I had bought on ebay and when I went into the house it stank of cannabis. And there was a young boy (about 5 or 6) there too. I was a bit shocked for sure, especially as they couldn't seem to care about whether I could smell it in their house.

bit harsh, and a huge blanket generalisation!
Smoking cigarettes or weed in the company of children is clearly just not acceptable, but to say that anyone who smokes weed puts it before their kids, and doesn't Care about their kids health is just wrong and to be honest, ignorant!

you shouldnt waster your thoughts on people like that...

I've never seen pics like that either tbh! Horrid.

Before I had Lucas I used to have a lass on my old account, we went to school together and she had two kids at the time (I think she has another now), she'd always post up how glad she was the kids were in bed so she could have a joint. What wound me up the most was how everyone would say what a good mum she was and how she'd do anything for her kids. Really!? I later realised they were only comparing her to her sister, who'd regularly lock her three young kids in the house to go on nights out or round to random fellas' houses to take drugs and get shagged.

I can't STAND seeing people smoke around their children and the thought of people smoking weed/taking drugs around them makes my blood boil. I've felt guilty before for bringing a bottle of rush into the house after a night out (I used to bring them home to pass on to my ex who swore by it for his piles) - I wouldn't dream of bringing drugs into the house around him.

I think the type of people who smoke weed are the types of people who don't care much about their kids health, it certainly doesn't come before their pleasure.

Smoking cigarettes or weed in the company of children is clearly just not acceptable, but to say that anyone who smokes weed puts it before their kids, and doesn't Care about their kids health is just wrong and to be honest, ignorant!

I don't think it's harsh. I'm only going from my experience but the people I know who have smoked weed around their children have not been great parents tbh. I'm not saying they don't love their kids but weed affects your moods and it showed. And there was a huge lack of motivation to do anything other than smoke weed, it's addictive and becomes a circle of continuity.
Smoking around kids puts their health at risk FACT. And smoking weed involves using tobacco which is harmful and not acceptable to do around kids in this day and age.

I think it was that you said 'people who smoke weed', rather than 'people who smoke weed around their children" - I don't think anyone would disagree with you on the latter :)

I don't think it's harsh. I'm only going from my experience but the people I know who have smoked weed around their children have not been great parents tbh. I'm not saying they don't love their kids but weed affects your moods and it showed. And there was a huge lack of motivation to do anything other than smoke weed, it's addictive and becomes a circle of continuity.
Smoking around kids puts their health at risk FACT. And smoking weed involves using tobacco which is harmful and not acceptable to do around kids in this day and age.

hello? i agreed that smoking ANYTHING around children is not acceptable? my point was that you implied that EVERYONE who smokes weed is a terrible parent!

I don't think people that smoke weed is a terrible parent but I don't agree with them doing it the house or around the children due to the fumes etc. As long as their children are safe what they do to their body is up to them. I met a lady whilst working with the HV who had just had a baby and she has just started smoking weed again now her pregnancy was finished. She never did it around her baby and she is an amazing mothre who loves her baby dearly :thumbup: x

hello? i agreed that smoking ANYTHING around children is not acceptable? my point was that you implied that EVERYONE who smokes weed is a terrible parent!

hello yourself. Excuse me, I didn't realise you were going to be pedantic. Let me clarify FOR YOU "I don't thinking smoking weed around children is acceptable"
Although saying that I wouldn't be nominating anyone who smokes weed for parent of the year either. I'm sorry if that offends the weed smokers who think they are great parents ,I just don't think choosing to have anything in your body that messes with your head is great parenting.
My opinion is just based on my experience as I said before - people I have known who smoked weed were not in a great state of mind, their focus tended to be on where the next joint was. And as with any addiction it can take over your life.

hello yourself. Excuse me, I didn't realise you were going to be pedantic. Let me clarify FOR YOU "I don't thinking smoking weed around children is acceptable"
Although saying that I wouldn't be nominating anyone who smokes weed for parent of the year either. I'm sorry if that offends the weed smokers who think they are great parents ,I just don't think choosing to have anything in your body that messes with your head is great parenting.
My opinion is just based on my experience as I said before - people I have known who smoked weed were not in a great state of mind, their focus tended to be on where the next joint was. And as with any addiction it can take over your life.

its hardly pedantic, you made a huge sweeping statement which isnt correct, and i chose to comment on that, i wouldnt call that pedantic.
its not that I need clarification its that 'i think people who smoke weed are terrible parents' and 'i think people who smoke weed AROUND their kids are terrible parents' are two VERY different statements!
you dont offend me one bit, i dont 'think' that i am a great mummy, i KNOW that i am! Ruby wants for nothing at all, materially or otherwise, and is way ahead of all her milestones. we spend loads of time together at activities, on adventures, and just hanging out, and have a very strong relationship, if i choose to smoke a joint in my garden at night when Ruby is asleep i really cant see how that makes me any less of a 'good parent' than you. Its not as if im taking mind altering halloucinigenics, and rolling around my house oblivious to whats happening is it! to be honest i get the impression from your posts that you havent really been around much in the way of drugs, so maybe have a slightly different perspective than others might, but really, it is HIGHLY unusual for a recreational dope smoker to be like you say, only concentrating on where the next joint is coming from and having it 'take over their life'

only if you smoke it in a joint.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->