• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

i'll never understand this (drug content)

Weed has a lot of properties that dont include getting high, like pain relief, nausea for those with cancer treatment , also can shrink tumors. their are more uses for marijuana than you can even imagine. and most are backed up with medical science.

And yet it's illegal.

to this day im still baffled why it is. thousands upon thousands of people every year die from alcohol abuse and yet it's legal. once the gov realises how much money they stand to make from legalising weed it'll happen.

would you still feel as strongly if it was legalised?

i am sorry i seem to have offended you- i dont have any experience of drugs, and as far as i was aware smoking dope= you get high.
for what its worth i dont drink either- im completely T total as my friend almost died in a drink driving accident so i cant make any comparison there.
as for setting a bad example- im thinking more about what will you say if your daughter turns around and says she's doing week in years to come- would you support that or not as it is illegal?
and i wasn't claiming social services NEED to be involved, im saying would it be an automatic reporting- we spend a lot of times in hospitals as lyssa has a heart condition and smelling of dope is something ive heard raised as an issue before, whether this is regular practise or not, i honestly dont know.
again im not damning you as a bad mother just offering a diff perspective
i dont see how this thread can be offensive to you anyway as you've already said you dont smoke around your little girl?

you havent offended me at all!
if Ruby came to me at 18+ and told me that she was smoking weed i would have all the usual conversations with her, same as i would about alcohol, or smoking cigarettes, i would urge her to make sensible informed decisions, and i would be glad that she came to me rather than just smoke and not let on like the vast majority of teenagers do!
i dont find the thread offensive as i totally agree that sitting in a room full of ANY kind of smoke, with kids there is wrong, unacceptable and selfish.. the only bit of the whole thread that bothered me in any way was xxembobxx's comment about how we are all crap parents if we smoke weed!

this i like! its great that you would do that with her, this i would say, shows how good a mom you are :thumbup:, in comparison i had a mother that did no drugs (didnt have RA at that time either) and rarely drank, yet the first she knew of anything being wrong with me after years of me coming home in tears saying i didnt want to be at school cos people were mean to me, etc, was that a and e were calling her as i'd been rushed to hospital barely alive.
my definition of a good or bad mother is how attentive you are to your children, not whether you do drugs x

Ok I'm judgmental then. Tbh I was trying to defuse whatever is getting you so worked up.
You're very lucky that weed doesn't affect you as it doesn't make you high....can I ask what the point in it is then? :shrug:
As a PP said it's illegal. Wine drinking isn't. I wouldn't condone drinking 3 glasses of wine every night either tbh but then I'm not much of an alcohol person.

i think maybe u arent reading my posts? im 'worked up' as you say at your ignorant comment several posts back, but i have already stated that about 5 times since...

not really sure what you mean about being lucky that it doesnt effect me as it doesnt make me high? there are lots of things that weed does, being 'high' is pretty far down the list! the point is that i enjoy it!

yes, it is illegal, illegal to buy, sell or manufacture, but i think you would have a VERY hard time finding a police officer who would want to prosecute me for just having the odd spliff in the privacy of my back garden! an important point to note is that there are ZERO deaths recorded as attibuted to cannabis use.. not something you can say for alcohol, which IS legal! FYI, i dont drink!

siyren. I am so attentive to my kids, they are napping right now. which is a break for me. and with the kind of pain I am having most of the time. I think only crazy people would judge me for what I do.

would you still feel as strongly if it was legalised?

Yes I'm afraid I would. I'm against it being legalised but I have admitted already I am very anti-drugs.
I guess my experience with the people who use cannabis is very different from others.
I'm usually happy to debate and can be persuaded to adopt a different point of view but due to my personal experiences I don't think my view will ever change :nope:
I never intended things to get personal, I have my views and I have stated they are MY views. Doesn't make it wrong or right - each to their own really but I won't agree with it.

the only bit of the whole thread that bothered me in any way was xxembobxx's comment about how we are all crap parents if we smoke weed!

Which I clarified as smoking AROUND children.

I'm really trying to keep it impersonal which you should perhaps do also, but then i'm not the one who feels they have to justify their lifestyle choices.

i dont feel i have to justify anything at all! i dont hide anything, my gp knows i smoke, my HV knows i smoke, im open about it here... i dont have any issues about it at all! not sure why you feel im getting personal.. i thought we were just having a healthy discussion on an open forum?

siyren. I am so attentive to my kids, they are napping right now. which is a break for me. and with the kind of pain I am having most of the time. I think only crazy people would judge me for what I do.

good to hear!:flower: my little miss is faast asleep as its almost ten at night here.
i think its the attentiveness thats important- for what it's worth im so sorry that your in this amount of pain, and its good that you can take something thats not as addictive as other substances, vicodin for example?
i would never judge without knowing the full storty- and i hope it didnt come accross that way.
i tend to judge when i (and yes i actually saw this) see things like mum's using their babies pram hoods to shield their lighter from the wind so they can light their cigarette)
x

i think maybe u arent reading my posts? im 'worked up' as you say at your ignorant comment several posts back, but i have already stated that about 5 times since...

And I have clarified MANY TIMES the point I was making about smoking around children and yet you don't seem to get that point?
Your posts feel quite attacking towards me. I have a different point of view to you, I have told you it's due to my personal experiences.
What you do is your choice, your life so you don't need to justify it to me or anyone else so I don't understand the crusade you seem to have against my view?

i think it might be an idea to take a deep breath girls, you both have valid points, and im sure we can discuss this without the mods needing to intervene, but it is starting to get personal x:flower:

I think the type of people who smoke weed are the types of people who don't care much about their kids health, it certainly doesn't come before their pleasure.

And I have clarified MANY TIMES the point I was making about smoking around children and yet you don't seem to get that point?
Your posts feel quite attacking towards me. I have a different point of view to you, I have told you it's due to my personal experiences.
What you do is your choice, your life so you don't need to justify it to me or anyone else so I don't understand the crusade you seem to have against my view?

im sorry you feel that way, but i really wouldnt say i was attacking you.. we are going around in circles here so ill say it for the last time, i AGREE with the smoking around kids thing, i couldnt agree more than i do, what i dont agree with is the statement that you made above. i know you SAID you only meant parents who smoke around children, but what youREALLY said was very different.
i dont have a crusade against you at all, the world would be a very boring place if we all had the same opinions on everything, but you cant really expect to post something like that and not have anyone challenge it?

i think it might be an idea to take a deep breath girls, you both have valid points, and im sure we can discuss this without the mods needing to intervene, but it is starting to get personal x:flower:

Ha ha funny you should say that....I was thinking the same thing!
Like I said I am happy to debate and I am happy to listen to other points of view but I will reiterate I don't think I'll ever change my point of view on this.
I'm going to walk away and look at things with a fresh perspective tomorrow as I do worry it's all to easy to take things the wrong way when it's in a post.

just reread incase.. but i cant see anything personal on either side, im happy with what i do and think so i dont have any probs with anyone else having a differing opinion, its all good!

Ha ha funny you should say that....I was thinking the same thing!
Like I said I am happy to debate and I am happy to listen to other points of view but I will reiterate I don't think I'll ever change my point of view on this.
I'm going to walk away and look at things with a fresh perspective tomorrow as I do worry it's all to easy to take things the wrong way when it's in a post.

i would thank this... but the button has disappeared so have a hug!:hugs: i think things are easily distorted online- initially both yours and NIfirsttimers posts come accross as very angry but on a re read they dont! x

NIfirsttimer- yeah i just re read and it only reads like that from a third party on the first read,
eh im not in charge anyhoo lmao!
and your welcome! she's a cutie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"