I'm finally pregnant!...but So scared of miscarriage!

WhereisBabyL

Reaction score
Hi all, wow it feels crazy to be on this forum rather than TTC!
I am currently 5 weeks and 4 days pregnant, early I know and having my share of symptoms but I don't feel too bad at all. This will be my first baby! I am so excited.

However, I just keep having this feeling that it will end badly, and I really have no reason to think that. I am perfectly healthy, 25, and following the recommendations of a herbalist midwife who's got me on tons of minerals and vitamins so technically i shouldn't be worried.

It's just sometimes I forgot I'm even pregnant! And I'm like... what's going on in there???
A little encouragement for this newbie?? :winkwink:

Hi, you are further along than me :)
Very worried too, but like you say, no reason to think it will happen so why be negative?

Keep your chin up and enjoy the excitement

Congratulations on your BFP! I know it's easier said than done but try to relax. The first trimester is tough and nerve wracking for everyone, what you are feeling is perfectly normal, just don't let it overshadow what should be a happy and special time x

I'm also really worried! Booked 2 private early scans so far...1 at 6 weeks and another at 8 weeks...i think it's normal and we should try our very best to enjoy this time and focus on the positives about our health, like being a healthy weight etc. should be reasurring :) . xx

Hi! I'm quite nervous too. I'm doing a bit better today. Make sure to do fun things and to rest when you need to. I keep reminding myself that stressing won't help things. Tonight I had so much fun with my son I actually forgot I was pregnant for a little while! H&H 9 months to you! :)

It's normal to be worried. Once you're a mama there is always something to worry about. Everything will be fine though! I worried as well and here I am now, baby boy will be here in about 8 weeks!

It is so scary isn't it? I miscarried my first pregnancy and even though I went on to have a healthy son I'm still terrifed that I will mc again. It's really hard and I don't have much advise as I am struggling too. For me helps to keep in mind that if I am going to mc it is going to happen no matter what I do or how much I worry. Either my baby will go to term or it will not. Not sure if that helps you or is just my thing.

I feel the same as you. I had a miscarriage a year and a half ago and I've been terrified the entire time. I'm 9 weeks now and before my first scan at 8 weeks 3 days I was so sure it was going to end badly and that they wouldn't find a heartbeat. But I went in and everything was just perfect and baby had a strong little heartbeat and is a little wiggler. Unfortunately I am back to worrying again but you just have to remind yourself that you do all you can and hope for the best. Worrying will not make anything better. I hope everything goes well for you and we can all stop overanalyzing every little thing but I know that is easier said than done!

It does feel like that at the beginning. I remember with my first I used to joke that im not pregnant I just have a stomach bug, all I felt was morning sickness but aside from that I just felt normal. Then ms stopped and my tummy was still tiny, really didnt feel pregnant up till the movements started. Thats when I felt pregnant.

I'm a bit further than you now and I still feel like I'm not pregnant, ms is worse this time so thats the only reminder I have that in pregnant.

I say enjoy it while you can, soon you will be big and wondering when you will stop being pregnant

Congrats WhereisBabyL!!! I remember you from when we were both TTC!!

I am so happy you made it to the first trimester group! Still at 10 weeks I have constant worry that there is something wrong, I think it is natural to have worries especially with how much we hear about Miscarriage these days.

I have just been taking it day by day and reminding myself that I am doing everything to bring a healthy baby in this world.

I had absolutely no symptoms other than extreme fatigue until about 6/7 weeks then the MS hit me.

Congrats!! First trimester is so stressful. I have no good advice on getting through it. I just clung to the statistic that only 10-15% of pregnancies end in miscarriage and even then, 80% of miscarriages happen before the mom even finds out she's pregnant. So the odds are in your favor. It's still nerve wracking though. I felt better for a while after I saw the heartbeat but I still get nervous. The more time that passes and nothing bad happens, the more secure you'll feel in your pregnancy. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->