Im going abroad - hand luaggage help pls

julietz

Reaction score
Hi, im going abroad only for 3 nts but need some advice as i havn't been away for a few good years, i am taking a small case as hand luggage not exceeding 10kg ofc, but i dont understand the liquids, i heard you cannot put you liquids in your case, you have to put iit in a clear plastic bag when you go through, so all the little shower gels and shampoos i bought are no good? do i have to buy clear tubs and squeeze the contents in the tubs? what about deodorants sprays are they ok? and is cream classed as a liquid? i was going to take my aloe vera juice with me but it all sounds complicated, does it all have to fit in one clear small bag :( please with anyone with experience can you advise thank you

My oh just came back from
Abroad they made him throw some aloe Vera gel he had but let him through with a bottle of channel and suntan cream the rest was in his case so I'm not really sure sorry I can't be much help.

In hand luggage it can be in its original container as long as it does not exceed 100ml. Then it needs to go into a resealable clear plastic food bag (the small ones, cant remember the exact size but theyre the "small" that most shops sell). You can put as many things as you can fit in the bag in there as long as each container holds less than 100ml (a half full 200ml container will have to be thrown away). Then you just take it out at security (leave everything in the clear bag but has to come out of your hand luggage) and put it in a tray to go through the scanner with your shoes and belt etc.

You can put whatever you want into a checked in bag though.

ok so is cream classed as a liquid? and lipgloss, toothpaste, sun tan lotion, oil, and fake tan? how is is possible to take it all, what about foundation? help pls im only taking a small trolly case on as hand luggage il have my hand bag in my case when boarding then taking it out on the plane, but cant i put make up in my case.

Hi,

Unfortunately everything you mentioned would count as a liquid - liquids gels creams pastes and aerosols. You are only allowed one plastic bag regardless of how many pieces of hand luggage you have (eg you can have your hand bag and trolley case and only one plastic bag, doesn't matter if you put your handbag inside). Can you find out if there is a boots or similar once you've gone through security, you could get stuff there? Once you've gone through security you can take any purchases on the flight (althouh some airlines still only allow you the one bag including shopping).

I'm glad you posted this, Im going to Austria in July, with Ryan Air and I wanted to be absolutely sure about what I can take because I know they are notorius for adding extra fees for the tiniest things. I'm planning to take just hand luggage because I am only going for 2 days.

Hi,

Unfortunately everything you mentioned would count as a liquid - liquids gels creams pastes and aerosols. You are only allowed one plastic bag regardless of how many pieces of hand luggage you have (eg you can have your hand bag and trolley case and only one plastic bag, doesn't matter if you put your handbag inside). Can you find out if there is a boots or similar once you've gone through security, you could get stuff there? Once you've gone through security you can take any purchases on the flight (althouh some airlines still only allow you the one bag including shopping).

This! ^^

You can put any amount into a checked bag, but hand luggage its whatever you can fit into the clear plastic bag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->