I'm going for my 17 weeks midwife appt 1 week early, ooops!

HollieQ

Reaction score
Do you think that's ok? I'll only be 16 weeks exactly. The receptionist couldn't tell me and the midwife wasn't in today when I rang. Silly me booked it a week too early a while back, getting my dates mixed up and not checking in my diary!

I'm a little pleased because I STILL haven't had my bloods from the early booking in appt done so am keen to get them done! I hope she doesn't send me away and tell me to come back next week!

What do they do at the 17 week midwife appt, i know I need to take a urine sample, will she check the heartbeat? Oooo I hope so!

i dont see it as a problem. i thought that the appointment after scan was 16 weeks anyway? at least with my daughter and this baby they were at 16 weeks xxx

I always thought it was the 16 week appointment, I have mine tomorrow I'll be 16 weeks and 4 days

oh really! I did think that 17 weeks was an odd number, 16 is halfway between the 12 and 20 week scan! But that's definately what she said - she also wouldn't let me have my booking in appointment till i was 11 weeks!!! Grrr.

Anyone would think she didn't like me! :haha:

Phew though, thanks for that ladies :flower: xx

Mine is for a16 week appointment too i'll be 17 weeks though after being put forward a week at scan xx

Never heard of having a 17 week check. Normally it is 16 weeks. But maybe different over in UK?

yup 16 weeks here too, you should be fine! x

Phew thanks all xxx

Do you know if the midwife will listen to the hearbeat? :happydance: What else happens?

I'm sure it is a 16 week appointment in the uk, I have mine tomorrow so will be a day early, hope that's ok!x

My doctor has checked heartbeat since first appointment at 8 weeks (was internal). Then external from 12 weeks on. They also feel for the top of uterus and ask how you have been feeling and if you have any questions. Also should book you for your 20 week scan.

Take a urine sample (i forgot :dohh: ) and yes youll listen to the heartbeat!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->