I'm one of the lucky ones. Gratefully!

Sara_Michelle

Reaction score
My boyfriend and I weren't even trying, but the first time we ever didn't use protection in the middle of my cycle, BOOM! It impacted me a lot because I think of all the married couples who try and try for years. I will always be grateful for this, even though I wasn't quite ready for a baby at this point in my life, because I recognize just how lucky I am that I didn't have to try! It really strikes me when I read about all the parents rejoicing and saying they'd been trying for 4 years or something like that. I'll never forget it.

Congrats! The fact that you are embracing the situation and appreciating that you are being given a gift is wonderful. Wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy!

Congrats! But I'd be a little more sensitive about blasting how you were not even ttc not wanting a baby and got pregnant on a ttc website. And consider yourself a " lucky one" as compared to what?! the rest of us? Who are ttc and not falling pregnant? I think it's great your pregnant and embracing it but saying your "lucky" compared to the rest of us is a little insensitive. Fyi from an " un- lucky one".

Congratulations!!! :wohoo: I wish you a very happy and healthy 9 months!

So happy to see someone caring for the hardships of others and embracing the blessings they have been given!

Congrats! But I'd be a little more sensitive about blasting how you were not even ttc not wanting a baby and got pregnant on a ttc website. And consider yourself a " lucky one" as compared to what?! the rest of us? Who are ttc and not falling pregnant? I think it's great your pregnant and embracing it but saying your "lucky" compared to the rest of us is a little insensitive. Fyi from an " un- lucky one".

I don't think she was blasting how she wasn't ttc and not wanting a baby , just suprised at how easy it happened , maybe if she posted in the ttc forum it would be a little insensitive, but she posted in bfp announcements. She is just excited and most definately has considered what some go through . Xx

Congrats Hun :)

Congratulations ........
I don't think you were being insensitive, and I think it is lovely that you understand how lucky you are..
Enjoy your pregnancy.....:happydance:

Firstly congratulations to op!!

She was not being insensitive at all, she has said that she is very grateful that she fell pregnant easily and feels very lucky. Unfortunately sometimes falling pregnant does involve luck.

When I read it I thought oh how lovely to write that then read the other post saying implying she was being insensitive?

Truly do not believe it was intended but ttc must be very frustrating and upsetting when it doesn't happen as quickly as you would like. I have been in both situations myself so know whats it is like x

i think it was a tad insensitive of you to write this BentelysMomm, not the other way around.

in her post, the OP instead of panicking and complaining was acknowledging not only the gift she's got given, but also the struggles of other people who don't have that luck. and her post definitely didn't come though as offensive or rubbing it into someone's face, at least not to me.

plus, this is not a ttc website only at all. it is a forum on any single pregnancy related topic on earth, except for abortion. there is a ttc session of the ttc people, this is the BFP announcement and i think it ain't so fair to put her news down like this and turn it into a discussion for nothing, really. she didn't post this in a LTTTC after a loss session or sth like that.

Congratulations!! Wishing you a H&H 9 months!

I agree with others that posted, I did not feel you were being insensitive. Each pregnancy is a miracle, enjoy yours!

i think it was a tad insensitive of you to write this BentelysMomm, not the other way around.

in her post, the OP instead of panicking and complaining was acknowledging not only the gift she's got given, but also the struggles of other people who don't have that luck. and her post definitely didn't come though as offensive or rubbing it into someone's face, at least not to me.

plus, this is not a ttc website only at all. it is a forum on any single pregnancy related topic on earth, except for abortion. there is a ttc session of the ttc people, this is the BFP announcement and i think it ain't so fair to put her news down like this and turn it into a discussion for nothing, really. she didn't post this in a LTTTC after a loss session or sth like that.

Totally agree with the above . Congratulations on your BFP :happydance: and for considering the journeys others may have to travel to get there . Bentleys mum I'm also so sorry you are feeling so much pain on your journey . I am certain that no offence was meant by that comment , in fact I think the opposite was intended . Perhaps you may benefit from avoiding BFP announcement threads for a time ?

Congratulations!

From someone who struggled to conceive and waited 4 years for their BFP, I can say that I felt a lot of respect for you after reading your post in acknowledging the gift you have been given. I didn't think it was even slightly insensitive and it actually made me smile.
I don't often comment on BFP announcements, but thought I'd pass on my congrats and thanks for being so understanding of others xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->