I'm out! Anyone hoping for an October BFP?

My first was totally unplanned surprise baby, second took 3 cycles but we concieved on the first one that I used opks.

I'm so ready to be pregnant again <3

Is it weird that I'm kinda getting nervous to TTC #3?? I mean you'd think I'd have this down by now after having two. Not nervous about pregnancy or even labour, not even having 3 kids under 5. But it's the TTC part that makes me nervous. I don't know, can't explain it. Lol

I feel exactly the same. I have conceived 3x in the past (although one was a mc at 8 weeks), 2x on the 1st try, 1x on the second, and now I seem to be having really bad luck.

I O'd on cd14.
I had brown discharge on 8dpo (Tuesday)

I'm so afraid to test.

I'm in the same boat, 9dpo and brown discharge today, although I did test and was negative but they do day it can still be too early but I kinda feel like this may be the end for me this month :(

I think I may be ovulating early, sharp ovulation pains this morning. Lots of BD for us! Wish us luck! :dust:

Hey everyone! I'm new to the boards. :) This is our first cycle ttc baby#1. My period is due October 5th, so could you please add me to that day?

I want to join I am testing October 7th. I hate the waiting game.

You're added! What cycle is this for you? Ttc #1 or already got some little ones?

TTC #1. I knew it was going to be hard but the disappointment every time it comes back negative is overwhelming. My friends and family don't understand. They are like it isn't that big of a deal just keep trying that is the fun part anyway. I just get so frustrated with them.

You're added! What cycle is this for you? Ttc #1 or already got some little ones?

TTC #1. I knew it was going to be hard but the disappointment every time it comes back negative is overwhelming. My friends and family don't understand. They are like it isn't that big of a deal just keep trying that is the fun part anyway. I just get so frustrated with them.

It's harder when friends and family know. :hugs: It's a highly frustrating time with so many unknowns. Really hope there's good news for you soon :dust:

EmilieBrianne, I know how you feel. :hugs: My parents only know that we had plans to start TTC this fall, but that's as much info as we want to share. We decided not to tell my in-laws at all, so they have no idea we just started trying this month (they tend to blab to everyone). It took us 5 months to conceive our first and the disappointment every month was very tough, so I completely understand.

We spent 10 years doing everything in our power to prevent pregnancy and I think we just assumed that the moment we started trying we'd get pregnant (or at least in the first three months). When that didn't happen with baby #1, it was hard. So, we're staying quiet about it for baby #2. We also have family members who always get pregnant on the first try or have surprise pregnancies without even trying, so we just don't want to disclose the fact that we're TTC.

Only a few very close friends at my work know that we're trying and they've all struggled w/ fertility issues and/or miscarriages, so I know they understand how hard it can be and I can go to them for support if I need it this time.

And if, God willing, we're able to get pregnant again, we'll only tell our parents at first. We won't tell the rest of the family until 12 weeks. We did this last time, and I think it was the right thing for us. We knew that if we suffered a loss, we'd likely want and need the support from our parents, but we wouldn't want the rest of the family and other friends knowing. Both my mother and mother-in-law had a m/c, so I know they'd understand if we ever end up going through that ourselves. Just something else for you to think about in terms of sharing information with people. Of course, you have to do what you're comfortable with and everyone is different.

Good luck to you. Keep staying positive and have faith. I know it's hard and we're all here to help each other through this :) :dust:

I was going to ask to join as I'm due October 3rd. However, it looks like the witch has decided to shake her broomstick at me five days early so I'm out. It was our first cycle ttc no. 2. Hoping for better luck next month!

EmilieBrianne, I know how you feel. :hugs: My parents only know that we had plans to start TTC this fall, but that's as much info as we want to share. We decided not to tell my in-laws at all, so they have no idea we just started trying this month (they tend to blab to everyone). It took us 5 months to conceive our first and the disappointment every month was very tough, so I completely understand.

We spent 10 years doing everything in our power to prevent pregnancy and I think we just assumed that the moment we started trying we'd get pregnant (or at least in the first three months). When that didn't happen with baby #1, it was hard. So, we're staying quiet about it for baby #2. We also have family members who always get pregnant on the first try or have surprise pregnancies without even trying, so we just don't want to disclose the fact that we're TTC.

Only a few very close friends at my work know that we're trying and they've all struggled w/ fertility issues and/or miscarriages, so I know they understand how hard it can be and I can go to them for support if I need it this time.

And if, God willing, we're able to get pregnant again, we'll only tell our parents at first. We won't tell the rest of the family until 12 weeks. We did this last time, and I think it was the right thing for us. We knew that if we suffered a loss, we'd likely want and need the support from our parents, but we wouldn't want the rest of the family and other friends knowing. Both my mother and mother-in-law had a m/c, so I know they'd understand if we ever end up going through that ourselves. Just something else for you to think about in terms of sharing information with people. Of course, you have to do what you're comfortable with and everyone is different.

Good luck to you. Keep staying positive and have faith. I know it's hard and we're all here to help each other through this :) :dust:

My parents and two of my friends know that I am trying. I wish I never told my mom she asks constantly if I am pregnant or when I am supposed to test again. I am like leave me alone.

I know this may sound weird I am 6doo and I have an overwhelming feeling I am not pregnant anyone ever experience this?

Pedi, how long did it take for you to conceive #1?

cdelmar, it took us 5 months to conceive our 1st and we just started trying for #2 this cycle. So we'll see what happens...

I'd love to be a part of this. We were not actively trying last month and got pregnant but had an early loss. But now that I've had a taste we've decided to start actively trying!

I'm on CD9 and waiting to get a positive OPK test. The TWW is going to be miserable. I just want to feel pregnant again! Planning on testing 10/20. It cannot come soon enough.

Also, I'm totally new to all of this so any tips or pieces of advice would be great!

Hi jgraefe sorry for your loss, that is never easy welcome and good luck to you for October

Thank goodness for these forums because TTC is so hard. Its thinking about it all the time. You hope AF wont come and then she does and it all starts again.... according to my period diary APP I am in my "fertile window". I don't chart but for the first time I have bought ovulation tests to see when I am ovulating.. knowing me I will muck them up because I am already finding them confusing. I am CD7 so don't think I have ovulated yet (hope not) Af due Oct 21st and my best friends baby due Oct 30. I am surrounded by pregnant women at the moment so I can't escape baby things and baby talk.

Good Luck pedi, hopefully your journey is shorter for #2!

Thanks so much, cdelmar! :) It would be wonderful if it happened faster this time! When we were TTC our 1st, I learned the hard way that I tend to test too early and too often, which meant SO many negatives. I got really discouraged. This time, I've made a promise that I'll always wait until at least 10 dpo and try my very hardest to only test every other day. I really want to be more realistic this time, but it's so hard not to get your hopes up.

I also symptom-spotted like crazy last time. I was looking for everything! I had almost every symptom practically every month and then I would be so shocked and disappointed when AF came right on time. I've since learned that most of these symptoms are completely normal after O (whether you're pregnant or not) and that I most likely always had them, but didn't really notice when we weren't TTC.

So this time, I'm trying to tell myself that every little thing I feel is just normal during the luteal phase/caused by progesterone or may be PMS related as I get closer to my period. Hopefully that will help keep me a little more sane this time around.

Something I did take note of during the month that we conceived was three new things we tried...

1. We used Preseed (I thought I didn't need it because I had plenty of EWCM, but I do think it may have helped).

2. I used an OPK for the first time (Clearblue Digital). I honestly never thought it would make a difference. We always aimed for mid-month (CD12-16), since I have very regular 28/29-day cycles. I also have pretty tell-tale CM progression, and I almost always felt cramping and twinges around O. However, I learned that I tend to ovulate a tad on the early side and have a longer luteal phase. So we may have been just missing O for those first four months.

3. This may be TMI but, I made sure to have an orgasm right afterward, since I read that the uterine contractions may help propel the sperm upward.

I don't know whether it was one of these things or all three working synergistically together, but we conceived that month. This time, we're doing all three of those from the start. Also, I always stay flat on my back with my legs up for 30-60 minutes afterward.

Wishing you good luck in your TTC journey! Hopefully you'll have your BFP very soon!! :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->