I'm pregnant.. with my IUD still in place. No idea what to expect!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xo_mdk

Mama of 2
Reaction score
I guess I was just meant to be a mama of 3 or more babies! I'll give some back story, so you ladies can understand why I feel this way, and don't know how to deal with this unplanned, unexpected pregnancy.
Sept 2013, I found out I was pregnant, (only used condoms as BC). My partner and I talked long and hard about what to do, as we've got two children, and struggle as it is, and it wasn't the right time, and I'd gone for termination. Hardest, and most heartbreaking decision of my life. I had a copper T placed the day it was done.. to prevent myself from ever having to make the choice again. It was placed Oct 13. '13. Of course since I was assured this BC method was almost as good as having my tubes tied, obviously I did not use any other form of protection. Mid November I spotted brown for 5 days, then light pink mucous for 2 days, followed by a half day of dark blood, and then nothing. I took a test 2 days ago, and it was positive so fast I took 2 more to be sure. Well, here I am now, awaiting my doctors appointment in 2 days to make sure everything is okay. I fully believe in what's meant to be will always find it's way, because this was obviously something that was meant to be.

Congrats! I don't think they'd pull it out but who knows?

Thank you! I wish I knew. There really isn't much to go by from what I've been reading on google.. some say take it out, some say don't take it out.

Yes I did, hardest thing I ever had to do. Terminated, got an IUD placed and ended up pregnant a month later.

Please read the forum rules

While BabyandBump tries to remain pro-choice on most subjects, out of respect for majority of our members that are either trying to conceive, or pregnant, we ask that you do not discuss topics on abortion and terminations outside of the 'Ethical Prenatal Losses' forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"