I'm scared to be pregnant again!

Ellemarley

Reaction score
Obviously I'm excited and grateful, don't get me wrong. We really want a sibling for LO. But omg.. my pregnancy the first time around was horrible. I was on bedrest for high blood pressure and had horrible morning sickness almost the entire time. I was sick 24/7 and couldn't even stand up to walk to the bathroom I was so dizzy. I'm so scared I'm going to go through the same thing again, and now with a toddler... I just don't know how I'll take care of her. I don't want to throw it all on my husband either. I'm dreading the next 10 months... :nope:

Aww hun I had a crap pregnancy with my ds, well up until 16 weeks I did. This time was awful but I'm already getting over the worst of it. I was adament I wouldn't need any help caring for my son but 2 days I had to let his gran & my sister take him.

I was put on zofran for the sickness which is the best drug ever, I couldn't of functioned without it.

Its not been an easy 6 weeks but you get through it. Rest when you can & sleep when little one does. Housework can wait until you are up to it. You might not be as ill this time, I'm definitely not as bad this time xxx

Obviously I'm excited and grateful, don't get me wrong. We really want a sibling for LO. But omg.. my pregnancy the first time around was horrible. I was on bedrest for high blood pressure and had horrible morning sickness almost the entire time. I was sick 24/7 and couldn't even stand up to walk to the bathroom I was so dizzy. I'm so scared I'm going to go through the same thing again, and now with a toddler... I just don't know how I'll take care of her. I don't want to throw it all on my husband either. I'm dreading the next 10 months... :nope:

Same here, I faired very well with my pregnancy however we lost our son at 31 weeks. I just have a feeling I won't be able to ever have that care free pregnancy so many people have.

Ahh hun I totally feel your pain.

With my first I was sick the entire pregnancy too I wasn't on bed rest for blood pressure but I did have pre-eclampsia too.

With my second pregnancy, the morning sickness only lasted 4 months and no high blood pressure!!!

Now I'm prego again and I'm sick :( I'm hoping the trend is that it will be less than 4 months :)

Every pregnancy is different.

Good luck!!

Awww sorry to hear that. I know how you feel When we first found out I was terrified (and still am). To the point of getting panic attacks. I was scared of going through another miscarriage/dnc but also just of going through the whole pregnancy process as well. I still feel nervous most of the time and have had terrible ms and every symptom in the book. It's been tough and I've found it difficult to get attached this time. Hoping for better time in second trimester. This is a great group and lots of support, it's been extremely helpful. <3 Hope it's an easy, happy and healthy pregnancy for you!

Last time i wassigned off work for two months in first tri i was exhausted and so ill. This time weeks 5-10 i was tired, but able to manage, nauseous but haven't been sick once, i now feel pretty good again - as far as i know the pregnancy is going well. I was worried at first but take the help you can get and you'll get through it x

I was put on zofran for the sickness which is the best drug ever, I couldn't of functioned without it.
x

I WISH Zofran had worked for me! It was like drinking water to me... did absolutely nothing!

zofran didn't do much for me either except make me terribly constipated. I was prescribed reglan (metoclopramide) and that was my life saver. Only drawback is it makes me drowsy but I was falling asleep half the day anyway so it just speeded up the dozing off process haha

I just found out today im pregnant also and im scared, I was very lucky and I sailed through my last pregnancy, I never felt or got sick, the only thing I did get was dizzy and feeling faint when I laid down or if I got to hot. It was horrible as it made scans difficult, but this time im worried about it cause I have a 16month old and im scared i'll feel breathless and dizzy and pass out with my 16month old hear. Husband in the military so I live hundreds of miles away from my family and I have no friends where I am now, im even more scared incase my DH has to go away for 9 months cause I will be completely on my own, I have no transport either. Even when I go into labour my Dh will have to take care of my LO so i'll have to do labour/birth on my own.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->