I'm SUPER upset.

S

shaunanicole

Okay last Wednesday I filled out an application at a restaurant and was also interviewed the same night. I was told by the manager who interviewed me that I got the job and all that was needed was my SSC, birth certificate, and verification I can work in the U.S. They were supposed to call me yesterday because the general manager was out of town until then and they would schedule me to come in and get everything sorted out. So I called yesterday and another manager answered (not the one who interviewed me) and told me that the general manager was supposed to be back that day but things changed and he would be back Thursday (today). Well I called like 20 mins ago and the same guy who answered yesterday answered today. I told him I had talked to him yesterday and was calling to talk to the general manager about the status of me coming in and giving them all my paper work. The guy was really rude and was like "well, there aren't any positions open at this time" and I was like "okay, well I was told I got the job and I'm not understanding this". He continued with saying there were no positions available and I asked to talk to the general manager. He refused to let me and I gave up and just hung up the phone. :hissy:

THIS MAN WAS LIEING TO ME! THE DAY I ASKED FOR THE APPLICATION I WAS TOLD ALL POSITIONS WERE OPEN AND THAT THEY HAD LOST A LOT OF WORKERS. PLUS WHEN I WENT IN FOR THE INTERVIEW 20 MINS LATER THIS MAN IN FRONT OF ME ASKED IF THEY WERE HIRING AND THE MANAGER WHO INTERVIEWED ME SAID YES ALL POSITIONS WERE OPEN. :growlmad:

UHHH. So I called my friend who works at a pizza place and she makes good money. I told her about the phone call and all that and she started to talk to me about stuff and said that her place was hiring because they fired a few people. I hinted that she should get me a job and she was like "NO WAY, THEY ALREADY CUT MY HOURS. IF YOU GET A JOB HERE THEY'LL DEFIANTLY CUT THEM AGAIN AND I DON'T LIKE THE IDEA."

She knows how bad I need a job and she has been my best friend for 8 years. Why can't she understand this job is perfect for me as far as location and the money they pay!!!??? I need a job to support my child I mean my mother is letting me live here and has paid for everything so far, I need a job to save up and do things on my own.

I AM SO UPSET AT THE STUPID RESTAURANT I APPLIED AT AND MY SUPPOSED "BEST FRIEND". :cry:

:hugs: Sorry your going through this - I would have been upset too! Hopefully you have something come up soon!

damnnn that sucks. what jerks! and as far as your "best friend" goes thats pretty shady of her. im pretty sure youll find something hun! dont give up! everything will work out! :hugs:

:hugs: I'm sorry you've encountered yet more idiots recently. You don't need that. There are so many nice people in the world, too.

But what I would say is, do you really need a job right now? You're so young with so much going on, would you be able to allow your mum to support you and the baby financially for now? You've got plenty of time ahead to be independent in the future...

Gracegrace, thankfully my parents have the financial standing to be able to support me and the little bean inside me but in all honesty I don't feel good about it at all. I feel as if it isn't my mother's or my stepfather's job to pay for everything with the baby. It's my job and I won't feel like much of a provider if I'm not working and earning things for my child. I understand what your saying though but the guilt I feel about this all overrides everything else.

Honey that sucks - hope you find something soon.

Whilst it's nice that your parents can/will support you, I do know what you mean, I would rather be able to make my own money and get some stuff for the baby myself.

One of my friends got preg really young (whilst still at school) and, even though in the UK they would give you benefits to life from, went and got a part time job rather than live off the government.

Everyone's different, but I really admire that....

I don't think your friend meant to be selfish - if things are as bad over there jobwise as they are in the UK it would be understandable that she's worried too. Perhaps she should just not have said it out loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->