Imogen Sophie 15/01/09

hay23

Imogens Mummy
Reaction score
I haven't been on here since joining last year but would like to post my birth story if thats ok! It may be a bit vague but here we go.....

I started gettings pains around 7pm on the 13th Jan (was due the 14th) and around 11 they started becoming more regular and painful. I had a bath to try and ease the pain but didn't help so got out and began pacing round my flat and checking my hospital bag frantically! By 3am on the 14th I couldn't take it any longer so rang labour ward, and made our way to hospital. I was checked by the midwife and to my horror wasn't even 1cm dilated! Gutted to say the least. Was told would be in the next 24hours so to go home and rest. As I got home the pain intensified and by 7am was in agony. Went back and was 4cm, I was so happy!

After a few hours on gas and air (wasn't coping very well) was checked again and was told I was still 4cm! I then decided to get an epidural. What a godsend! I felt much happier after that. 4 hours passed, another check still 4cm. The midwife decided to break my waters, what a weird sensation! I think at that point I was put on a hormone drip to try and get things going, but after another 4 hours had only managed to get to 5. Well by this point I was so fed up so the hormone drip was increased. Eventually I got to 8cm and a couple of hours later was ready to push, Yay I thought its finally happening! I won't go into grim details but after 2 hours Imogen Sophie finally came into the world! all in all a rough labour lasting 17 hours in total but shes worth every minute.

Phew! Sorry its so long but feels good writing it all down!

Heres some piccies, first when just born and a more recent one (hopefully if I have attached them right!)

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 159.jpg
    159.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 19
Awww congrats hun. She's a little beauty!!!! x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics