Impatient. Where the heck is postpartum AF?

ellina

Reaction score
So I'm nearly 16 months postpartum and still no sign of AF. Little one has always been a frequent nurser, also throughout the night, so I expected it to take a while before being fertile again, but I'm starting to get impatient!

I've been taking OPKs here and there and getting nothing but stark white negatives. Then the other day I really started noticing symptoms of fertility, in terms of CP and CM (no EWCM though), so I took an OPK and it was pretty close to being positive. I was so excited, but then tested again a few hours later and was back to completely negative. Pretty sure it was just a mini LH surge that didn't result in ovulation. I guess that's a good thing, but I'm still so frustrated. AF might be back in a week, or it might be another 6 months yet.

I'm not super young, and am totally ready to be pregnant again. During those few hours that I thought fertility had returned, I had even convinced DH to start trying in December! But that's not going to to do a whole heck of a lot of good if there are no eggs to be caught! Ugggghhhh.

The way I'm trying to look at it is: little one is not ready to reduce nursing enough to allow fertility to return, which means he's not ready to share mummy. It really does help to look at it that way, but I still have that biological clock thundering in my ear pretty much all the time :(.

mine only came back at about 20 months last preg
try to change the nursing pattern times especially at night try dh getting lo back to sleep without nursing for a few nights shake up your cycle sounds like your not far off my opks where all over the place at first gl x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->