"impatiently waiting and complaining" IVF November/December/end of the year bumps

Reaction score
Hello all!
My name is Laine and I will be starting IVF in November (hopefully) could be later... but the aim is by the end of this year! :)
I thought it would nice to start another thread for the ladies who are trying IVF and hoping for their end of the year bumps/BFPs.
Everyone is welcome,
first time IVFers, 2nd, third, and so on- It doesn't matter if you are trying for baby #1 or baby #10-
come and join us to "impatiently wait and complain" and have somewhere supportive to ask questions, unload, pass the time, etc.

I don't have my protocol just yet (still waiting on AF who is being oh so sneaky this month) having just had a hysteroscopy to do a endometrial biopsy, and remove a polyp (or 2) and some scar tissue left over from some other surgeries I had to remove a uterine septum.

I have been diagnosed with endometriosis stage III and POF (premature ovarian failure) which at 29 is a BIG bummer. (although I suspect a bummer at any age!)
We are going to try IVF once and we will be doing the microflare microdose lupron protocol once I have been on BCP for 2 1/2 weeks.

That's about it for me!

BRING ON OUR BFPS!!!!!:happydance:

Hi!
I will be doing my first fet at the end of November after our first ivf/icsi in September which was bfn :cry: the failed ivf was devastating to say the least so this month I am trying to relax and take care of myself as much as possible in preparation for the fet.

I also have been diagnosed with pof at the age of 28. DH also has low sperm count and motility. It has been a whirlwind as we were diagnosed in August and doctor recommended not to waste any time before starting ivf.

Although I am feeling hopeful and excited about the next step, I am still feeling pretty fragile after the last ivf. I don't know anyone personally, who has gone through it before. It was a lot harder physically than I expected. Anyone else have that experience? A month later I am still bloated and having daily headaches!

Thanks for starting the post. I look forward to having people to share the highs and lows of this journey and to be hopeful and inspired by bfp by the end of the year!!! :happydance:

Hi Kris! I am so sad to hear about your failed cycle, that must have been very hard indeed. :( I have every hope that this FET is the golden ticket for you to get your BFP at last! Will you do any further testing or biopsies or anything in between cycles?

I am sorry too for your diagnosis of POF. It is a very difficult one to swallow I have found. It is wonderful that you had enough eggs to freeze though! What was the protocol they had you on? what it microflare? did you manage to get a decent amount/quality of eggs?
I am very curious to know as I don't know many others who have also been diagnosed with POF.

What a bummer that it is continuing to be a difficulty for you with the bloating and headaches... I haven't completed an IVF cycle yet so I couldn't tell you my experience but hopefully someone else will be able to answer that for you.

I am glad you are here though! Hopefully this will work for us both! FX!! :)

Hi Laine! You knew I'd make my way to your thread right?! I'm so excited for you to get your cycle going! I'm assuming that biatch AF is still leaving you hanging?? Might be time to be 'that' patient and make your doc check things out.

Hi Kirs! So sorry your first IVF didn't work. It's such a huge disappointment to experience when you think IVF will be such a sure thing with it's high success rates. Unfortunately some of us have to persevere a bit more to get our bfp's. We can help each other along the way to get through this crazy ride!

As far as feeling bloated and headaches I think it just takes time for our bodies to recoup from a fresh cycle. At least the FET cycle is pretty easy in comparison so hopefully you'll be feeling better soon! :)

Afm, I'm currently getting ready to start my second fresh cycle. My first IVF w/ICSI and FET both ended in bfn. I'm trying to get myself pumped up again to go through a fresh cycle again. It definitely takes a lot of of you physically and emotionally. I'm just trying to stay hopeful that I'll get better results this time.

So glad you started this thread Laine!!

Hey Laine, im happy you started this thread, although I'm not on as often as others I will certainly be stalking everyday!!

Hi L4Hope and Oneof! how are you ladies doing? so glad you joined! YAY!
I think there are a lot of women already on other fall IVF threads but the thread I found was kind of far along and already had a ton of ladies. Hopefully this one catches on too :)

Oneof- your cycle is in November right? me too (I think and hope) are you on BCP now?

L4Hope- I am still waiting for AF. Its only officially been a week since I stopped the estrogen/progesterone so you think I should call them again?
I'm bummed cause if I go in this week and he says "Opps no lining" and starts me on BCP, I'm already a week into the cycle- does that matter as far as helping to keep all the eggs at the same stage? I think I already feel so activity in my left ovary... ARG!
and also, if I start BCP now, ER and ET will be RIGHT over Thanksgiving/my dad's 70th bday so I think I'm procrastinating a little.

Do you guys think it is better to be stimming and going in for U/S's around the holiday (where I would have to drive back 2 hours to do) OR to have ER/ET around that time...
I just don't know... I feel like the latter would be worse but I figure its better to check with people who have already done it.

I agree... I was gonna join a fall/winter thread but they all were very far along and it makes it hard to jump in sometimes once they are established. I'm sure there will be some ladies who are ready for a new thread and will join us!

Yes I think you should call your doctor. Because what if you wait, and then he can't start you on bcp and you have to wait until next AF? That would be so frustrating.

As far as timing goes... That's a tough call tp make. How long ate you going to be away? Just for the the long weekend? If your retrieval would fall maybe the day before you plan to leave I would say you'd be ok. I didn't feel too bad after retrieval, a teensy sore and mostly bloated. You would be fine to go be with family, plus your parents know right? So they can pamper you and will know that you will need to be resting. Then transfer wouldn't be till 5 days later most likely. If you're far enough along in you're stimming they typically check you every other day, so that could potentially be a huge pain. Really it's hard to know without having a calendar set by the doctor. Tough decision to make dear!

Hi Oneof! Good to see you! :) Do you have a time frame for ER/ET?

Hi,

I made a post earlier today, asking if I could be pointed in the direction of a thread as I am on day 15 of Down Regulating on my first long protocol first IVF cycle.

As I am new here, I didn't want to jump into a really long thread that's been on going for along while.

A little about me, Im 33, I have been TTC for 11 years with unexplained infertility. I already have a 12 year old.

Glad I came across this thread, and can't wait to get started with joining people who are going through the same as me, if you don't mind another member?

Hi ladies,
Thought I'd pop in and say hi. You are correct that there are quite a bit of threads going on and been having trouble keeping up! After countless failed IUIs (we have MFI) we moved on to IVF this past March. We were successful first try but sadly ended around 7 weeks (non viable pregnancy). I decided to take the drugs to MC rather than have a d&c to keep my body as healthy as possible. Not so sure if I will do that again. We are right around the corner from starting our 2nd try after taking some time off. This time I will be doing the antagonist protocol with ganirelix as we're hoping to get some more eggs than last time. Thinking of you all and best of luck!!

Hi Monkey!!! Of COURSE we don't mind, we would love new members! welcome! :wave:
Can't blame you on not waiting to jump into an older thread, that's how L4Hope and I feel too. so yeah, glad to have you here!
11 years is a long time to be trying, that can't be easy! I'm glad to hear you are on the IVF route and hopefully on the road to your well deserved BFP! :)
so day 15, does that mean you are 5 days into stimming? what drugs are you on?

and welcome to you too KChope! :wave: I remember you from other threads but it's been a while since I saw you around- how are you doing? I'm really very sorry to hear about your mc... That must have been heartbreaking. I can't blame you for not wanting the D+C, I have had one and it was no fun. I sometimes worry that it was too much for me and that it somehow creating a lot of my problems but my Dr insisted that I do since I was 11 weeks and I had a missed miscarriage. They weren't sure when my body would cotton on and they were worried about infection.
But it was horrible, I sometimes wish I could have had it naturally. I had the ectopic naturally and I found it a little easier but there wasn't as much blood as I thought there would be (at 6 weeks) I think since it was an ectopic it was different. The worst part was how long it all took.

well, I have all the hope in the world that this next cycle will be it for you!!!
I was wondering about the ganirelix vs suppressing with lupron. It sounds like a good idea to me! :)
Can I ask what your first cycle was like in terms of quantity/quality of eggs retrieved/fertilized,etc?

in fact, what did all of you get? and what kind of protocol were you on?

afm, today was a lovely lazy day, I watched some TV, did some reading, went on a walk, took a nap- PERFECT. :D
Im going to take L4Hopes advise and talk to the clinic tomorrow regarding AF and see if they can get me in for an u/s.
You are right L4hope that its better to get this show on the road, no matter what that means in respect to the holidays. My family does all know what is going on with me so I think we can make it work.
Thanks for the advice darlin'.

well hope you all enjoyed your weekends! :hugs:

Hi everyone,
I must say thank you again for this thread. I am new to the site, but I am so glad I have found such a great group of people who truly understand all of this.
Afamilygal - how did you go with the clinic? did you get in for a scan?
No further tests or investigations while I'm waiting for the next cycle - thank goodness! Just waiting for AF and then will start a natural cycle FET. My fresh cycle was a high dose antag cycle and we were lucky enough to have 2 embryos to freeze.
I am so sorry to hear about the mc kchope and afamgal.... I cant not even imagine how hard that must be. You are incredibly strong women!
The title 'impatiently waiting' is very appropriate for me today :) I just want to get started again and be working towards a miracle. BFP's all round I say!

Hi Ladies :hi:

Was wondering if i could join. Ive just had my first IVF/ICSI in sept which ended in a :bfn: Got my follow up appt on 26th Nov and hoping to do FET before the christmas break but that is still to be confirmed.

Like all of you ladies have said its great to start a new thread and get in from the beginning as hard to keep up with others.

A little about why we are doing IVF, DH was diagnosed with Lymphoma cancer in June 2010 and a side effect to treatment was infertility so had to freeze DH :spermy:. Im perfectly fine everything working correctly, had no previous pregnancies and only been ttc since starting IVF due to DH's condition as was no option of doing it naturally. DH is now 1 year and 6 months in remission and both looking to the future to get our :bfp: very soon.

Look forward to seeing how eveyone gets on over the next couple of months and hope to be joining you all very soon. :hugs: xx

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I am struggling a bit with the emotions/hormones as well as the physical side of things, I have no one IRL that has any knowledge of IVF, so was thankful to find you all!!

The way us UK ladies do things, seem very different to US.

I started Synarel on CD21 of last cycle. I am now on CD7 and still down regulating.

I go for a scan next Wednesday 31st October to check I have successfully DR'd, then hopefully start stimming that night.

Looking for ER on or around 12th Novemeber.

I think I have that right!

Im using
Synarel to DR
Menopur to stimm
Ovitrelle to trigger
Cyclogest progesterone suppositories.

Sorry I haven't replied to everyones posts, I can see this may be a fast paced thread, so I apologise in advance if I miss anyone out when replying, its nothing personal!

Also the Synarel (nafarelin) seems to have tuned me into a bit of an idiot! My spelling has gone to pot, I'm clumsy as hell, and just cannot seem to communicate myself at all well. As well as being a socially unacceptable person to be around, I'm probably best left at home behind a keyboard and give you all the fun and games of analyzing my spelling and trying to work out what I'm trying to say!

Again - Thank you for the warm welcome!

AFamilyGal - I hope the clinic can help sort AF out, I will be back later to see how you got on (time difference and all that Jazz)

kchope - I am so sorry to hear of your loss, I had a MMC in 09 and decided to go for the ERPC (DNC) and wish I hadn't now.

Sandy - Excellent news about DH being in remission! I wish you both the very best of luck with making the future a bright one!

No that I don't of course wish you all the very best of luck and love!

Hi ladies mind if I join?
Im waiting to start ivf hopefully end of novemeber if I get accepted may not because I might end up having my egg taken around christmas time so the hospital said dont get my hopes up and could be Jan af.
So Im just hanging around and reading way to much on the internet lol
Good luck to you all :)

Thanks Monkey. I know what you mean by being all over the place on the meds i down regged with Buserelin ans stimmed with Menopur on my first IVF and i was so forgetful and found it hard to concentrate! Fx'd you get your BFP :hugs:

Tinkerbell i know how you feel with the waiting side of things time goes by soooo slowly drives you crazy :wacko: i should be about the same time as you either just before xmas or in Jan. :hugs: xx

welcome new comers!!! glad to have you here Tinkerbell and Sandy!

Kirs- so youre waiting on AF too? such a bore isn't it? I will be calling the clinic shortly to see if they can squeeze me in for an u/s hopefully soon. I need answers, I'm going bananas!
2 frozen embryos is awesome! is the high hose antag protocol the one where you don't take a suppressant like lupron but take something around day 7 of stims to prevent ovulation?

I can't take credit for the name of the thread. it was L4Hope's- she came up with it in my journal and I found it was appropriate! :)

Hi Sandy! looks like you and Kirs will be doing FET's together (although a little apart in time) I'm really sorry to hear that your first cycle was unsuccessful :( :hugs:
I am also really sad to hear about DH and his cancer- that must have been so scary. YAY to being in submission though! That is just wonderful! You have both really had a hard time haven't you? (extra big cyber hug) Your BFP is on it way I'm sure! :D

Monkey- yes the UK vs UK way of doing things IVF wise does seem to be a little different. :)
sorry to also hear of your MMC :( It's never easy is it? :hugs:
crazy that your drugs have given you brain farts, I seem to remember being a bit confused too actually. :) and very indecisive!

tinkerbell- hello! be careful about reading too much on the internet, it can be the devil! :D good luck with everything though, hopefully they won't make you wait too long. are you in the UK too?

Do you girls mind if I join? I'm 24, my OH is 39 and we've been TTC for 2 years. I've done 6 IUI's, 3 with clomid and ovidrel, and 3 with gonal F and ovidrel, all failed. I've been on lupron since October 7 and I should be starting my other meds today :)

I haven't been able to get on since yesterday and wow this thread is picking up quickly!! Familygal, looks like it was a good one to get started! :)

Kchope, sandy, ash, I've seen you all from other threads, good to see you all again!

Tinkerbell welcome to you too! Hopefully you don't have to wait too long and can get started before the new year.

Ash, I see you've finished jumping through all the hoops for insurance to start you on IVF! You're at the exciting part now. And it seems to go fast since they have to monitor you so much before ER.

Familygal, and word from the doc?

Afm, noting exciting to report. Just taking boring bcp's!
Hopefully this will be a lucky thread for us all!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->