Implantation or just Period?

Flamingo7

Reaction score
Hello I apologize if I’m in the wrong spot I am new. Recently my husband came home and we just got married so we had unprotected sex while he was home (we’re not actively trying but also not preventing). I checked my period up and we did have sex right around when I would be ovulating. Then I started to feel extremely fatigued and super emotional a couple weeks later (last few days). I’ve never felt so tired and emotional. I started to feel what I thought might be pregnancy symptoms but then I started to bleed a whole week early. Unheard of for me. I thought that it might be implantation because it was a different color than it usually is and too early for period. And it was exactly when implantation would be about a week before my AF would be due. But I think it might be too heavy. I am filling a pad a day for the second day. My period is like clockwork though so it’s really hard for me to believe that it is my period coming a whole week early. Is implantation bleeding always really light? Because I’ve been seeing that implantation bleeding is always really light and light in color. Mine is like a dark brown and dark red... what do you think?

Last edited:
I don’t have much experience with IB but wanted to say fingers crossed for you! It does sound unusual if you’re normally regular! And I think dark blood normally means old but am not sure about the heaviness. Hopefully someone else replies who’s had some experience with it!

Fingers crossed it’s implantation! I was reading lots about it this month as I had something similar, period 3 days early and very different in colour, lighter in flow but still needing a pad, I tested just after it stopped, around when my period was due and got a BFN and haven’t tested since as I assumed it was just AF arriving early, but info online can be quite conflicting! One website said if it lasted longer than 48hrs it wasn’t implantation and another said it could last a week.. confused!

Edited to ask - How many days past O are you?

So I had this with my daughter. And I thought it was my period. We weren’t trying and I didn’t test until wel into the first tri cause I thought this was a period. When I asked the dr later he said it could be the uterus stretching and implantation bleeding and that’s why it was mostly brown. I also had my placenta in a weird spot so bled a few times though her pregnancy. She is now a happy and healthy 7 year old!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->