Implantation questions - help!!!!!

hanfromman

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Ive been trying to find this out for days but different websites say different things, so thought I'd get some more opinions from you guys!
Firstly, how long does the process of implantation take? Cos I had cramping for 4-5 days (I think it might be finished now) - can implantation take this long?
And also, when does the pregnancy hormone start to be produced? Once implantation has fully completed, or when it starts, or at conception? How long after implantation has finished should I defo expect a BFP?

Thanks!! (I really really hope I am pregnant, it would make me so happy!)

As far as I know, implantation can occur as early as 4DPO, but no later than 12DPO. (And that's really pushing it.) I think it probably takes ~24 hours for it to happen completely? And HCG isn't in high enough concentration in your blood until about 48 hours after that.

You should be able to get a faint BFP within 2 days of implantation, but there's no definite way to know if implantation has occurred without testing. lol. You can start testing as early as 8/9DPO, but you might not get a BFP until 14DPO.

Good luck!

ETA: And your body won't start making HCG until implantation is complete. :)

It's so confusing - some people say implantation can take up to a week for it to be complete whereas others say 1 day! I'm just hoping that these were implantation cramps!

I also feel 'pressure' down there, like something is going on, and kinda like it's 'full' if that makes sense. I've never felt these things before - nothing like period pains, and I've never had ovulation cramps before. I had a miscarriage two months ago and no period since, so I'm worried that maybe the miscarriage has changed my body and now I'm just getting ovulation cramps, or theyre nothing at all! I have no idea when/if I ovulated so don't have many dates to go on!! Arrgghh!:growlmad:

It never hurts to just test. :) Might put your mind at ease.

I had the pressure feeling and ive had mild cramps on and off xx

Implantation usually occurs 3 to 7 days after conception, or 6-12 days after ovulation. Implantation can take anywhere from 1 to 3 days to complete. There could be enough hCG to get a positive test 3 days after implantation (or there may not be depending on your body).

M/C can change your cycles and your symptoms. I've had 3 and since my 2nd one, I now have cramps from O to AF and sore breasts from b/4 O thru O and a few days after. I also have nausea off an on from O to AF. So it's definitely changed things for me.

I wonder why you haven't had a period since the m/c 2 months ago...seems like if your cycles were regular you'd have had one since the m/c? Just wondering.

After my last m/c, that first cycle was off....I almost always get a positive OPK on CD12, and after the m/c it wasn't until CD16....so maybe your's got off as well?? But those cramps could be almost anything else as well. Good luck

I had implantation cramps in my last two pregnancies, but they only lasted one day. However, I've read that implantation can take a few days to complete (max I've heard is 3), but I've also heard of women having implantation bleeding for 4 days and up to a week, so I suppose a longer time frame is possilbe too. Implantation usually occurs during days 6-12 dpo, with the most common days being between 7-9 dpo.

You should be able to get a BFP within 2 days of implantation being completed, because it is only after implantation that the pregnancy hormone (hcg) begins being produced. You might try using an early pregnancy test for faster results. I got a bfp at 9 dpo with a FRER in my first pregnancy, one day after I had implantation cramps.

Hope you get your bfp!

Implantation usually occurs 3 to 7 days after conception, or 6-12 days after ovulation. Implantation can take anywhere from 1 to 3 days to complete. There could be enough hCG to get a positive test 3 days after implantation (or there may not be depending on your body).

M/C can change your cycles and your symptoms. I've had 3 and since my 2nd one, I now have cramps from O to AF and sore breasts from b/4 O thru O and a few days after. I also have nausea off an on from O to AF. So it's definitely changed things for me.

I wonder why you haven't had a period since the m/c 2 months ago...seems like if your cycles were regular you'd have had one since the m/c? Just wondering.

After my last m/c, that first cycle was off....I almost always get a positive OPK on CD12, and after the m/c it wasn't until CD16....so maybe your's got off as well?? But those cramps could be almost anything else as well. Good luck

Hi, my periods were very irregular and unpredictable before the miscarriage. So I guess that's why I've not had a period yet. Maybe these are ovulation cramps and I will be get my period in a week or so....I hope not :(
I tested this morning but it was negative, but I'm just hoping that it's still too early! I'm losing hope a bit though.........:shrug:

My husband and I are in our first month of TTC, about 3 days after we had sex, I noticed light bleeding (brownish pink when i wipe) and found online that it may be Implantation Bleeding (got really excited!) today, the 3rd day of spotting, it has turned into what feels like a regular period (heavier flow, little cramps)
I am not due for my period until 10 days from now, is it possible this is my period? Did I have a miscarriage?? I am trying to keep myself calm, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->