In need of reassurance about cramping!

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
Hey ladies,

I've seen it a bunch and even said it myself, but this morning I need some reassurance and kind words.

Today I woke up with awful cramping so I snoozed for another half hour and they felt somewhat better. When I got out of bed I started having cramps again and aching pains in my pubic bone and random places throughout my pelvic region. Most of the cramps are my low back, but there's some in my abdomen. I just need to know it's okay to have these cramps and not to freak out.

Trying to clear my head before heading to work so it's not a harder day.

Take it easy drink loads of water, cramping can be normal I had it every now again with first baby and now this one around 7 weeks. If it gets so intense you are doubled over or/ and start bleeding I'd go epu or a&e :) saying that I get round ligament pain when I stand up and that causes me to double over and I get some odd cervix pains but that is normal good luck I'm sure everything is well xxx

Thank you Sunny. I'm not doubling over, but I do just want to curl up in a ball and go back to sleep. I'm certain a lot of it is the round ligament pain, because I get these weird sensations in there that I don't know how to describe:haha:

But the cramps in my legs are getting close to as bad as I had them in the beginning so I'm not sure what to think over those.

Basically just as the previous poster said, if you are In severe pain then get checked out for some reassurance but cramping is perfectly normal, also no blood is a good sign so try not to worry and just rest up, sometimes when we do too much (especially in my case) cramping can get a bit stronger, take things easy and relax xx

I have a generalized anxiety and last night was the first panic attack I've had since bfp so maybe my body just went into over drive and I'm feeling it today? That sounds silly but I'm coming up with weird things that don't sound too bad.

Called the after hours nurse and they said to lay down and rest while I wait for my doctors office to open so I can call them and see if they'll see me. Definitely doesn't make me feel any better. At least it's only an hour and a half wait...

As pp said as well I get crampier cramps if I've done to much . after a good rest next day its eased off. I think maybe your anxeitey may have made it worse as stress certainly makes me worse. Glad your seeing a doctor keep us up to date dragonfly your in my thoughts xxx

Thanks so much ladies, I think I'll take a warm shower in hopes of calming down then attempt a nap to make the time go for my doctors office to open.

ive had some pretty intense cramping this pregnancy i know cramping is normal but never had it this bad it would come weekly for 3 days id have to take paracetamol and use hot water bottle. Id stand up and would be crampy when i walked, was very strange. Everyrhing been fine regarding baby in right/place and growing but funnily enough those 3 days every week are days my sickness hits the worst lol

The doctors office called back and said that cramping is normal, then they decided to tell me that they understand I have a lot of questions and I should get some pregnancy books to answer those questions and maybe seek counseling. I burst into tears immediately after getting off the phone. Last I checked, the only times I've called is when 1. they thought I was having ectopic in the beginning, 2. to see how my test results were since they took forever to call me back and 3. today with all the cramping I'm having. Apparently, that's calling too much.:cry:

That really sucks that they made you feel that way! You should never feel awful for having questions regarding your pregnancy! Even if you have a book in front of you saying cramps are normal! Obviously they're not always, and sometimes lead other places, and you should be made to feel awful just because you wanted reassurance.

Either way, I'm glad it's nothing to worry about! And don't let a snotty comment keep you from calling your doctor should you have a worry, or question. Whether it bothers them or not.

Sorry your doc is an arse. Mine is like that so patronising. I feel like shuving the phone up their backsides lol. That's not calling to much at all your a concerned mum and they should do their jobs. I'd contact your midwife instead they know more about this stuff that shitty doctors. If not got her number I'd ring doctors reception and ask to be put through. Or ring epu and say you have terrible cramping they may want u scanned or may just say if no bleeding don't worry. Which is true try to relax I know easier said than done. The worry is worst part of pregnancy I think .. After labour of course lol take it easy xxxx

My family doctor is having me go in to chat and make sure there's no need for another scan yet. What's awful is the nurse I spoke to at my OB's office said she had spoken to the OB so I'm assuming that awful message was relayed from her.

DH and I have been speaking about midwife care and I have a consultation booked with a midwife next week to see if it's a good fit and waiting on another to return my call.

What country are you in? I think I'm getting slight impression you are in US? These "professionals" can really be unprofessional and inconsiderate. I'm in the UK and automatically get a midwife and I have her number in case I have any worries. How are you feeling now?

Yup, you guessed it - in the US. Since getting pregnant I've been telling DH we're in the wrong country :dohh:

I'm feeling a bit better now. I called my family doctor and they saw me right away, check my urine and felt around my abdomen. They said everything seems normal but not to hesitate to call them or the OB if it gets worse. I think just resting and drinking water has helped eased them so I'll keep doing that for the day.

DH and I have been wanting to switch to a midwife and this OB's actions has lit a fire under my butt. We have a consultation next Thursday and I'm hoping it's a perfect match so I don't have to keep looking.

Thought so :D must be difficult over there having to organise own midwife and all that hassle! Think you guys need an NHS service. I'm pleased your doc saw you and wasn't concerned, and brilliant news that the cramping has subsided :) i hope you have an uneventful rest of pregnancy and this midwife is a match :hugs:

Im 5 weeks today (found out yesterday after 6 years of trying) and Ive been cramping since my missed period, even thought it was coming but waited until I was 5 days late and tested, got my BFP! Im still crmaping, everyone around me says its completly normal, Im still very worried! waited so long for this and now im terrified its going to be taken away :sad2:

Just wanted to say, my first pregnancy, I had really bad cramping one night. Painful enough to wake me up and I couldn't breathe or move. I had more minor cramps throughout first trimester, but that really painful night was scary.

It was nothing apparently, as my DS came out healthy. Try to relax. If you have any anxiety and want to talk, feel free to PM me. I had severe perinatal anxiety last time and didn't get help until 3 months postpartum. It sometimes help to at least talk.

Good luck finding a midwife. OBs (or even if not the OBs, their receptionists) sometimes don't have very good bedside manners.

Im 5 weeks today (found out yesterday after 6 years of trying) and Ive been cramping since my missed period, even thought it was coming but waited until I was 5 days late and tested, got my BFP! Im still crmaping, everyone around me says its completly normal, Im still very worried! waited so long for this and now im terrified its going to be taken away :sad2:

Congratulations on your bfp after trying for so long!! I had horrible cramping in the beginning, it would wake me up when I was sleeping and felt I couldn't breathe. It's very normal to feel that at the beginning :hugs: I'm sure it's just baby nestling in for the long ride :)

Just wanted to say, my first pregnancy, I had really bad cramping one night. Painful enough to wake me up and I couldn't breathe or move. I had more minor cramps throughout first trimester, but that really painful night was scary.

It was nothing apparently, as my DS came out healthy. Try to relax. If you have any anxiety and want to talk, feel free to PM me. I had severe perinatal anxiety last time and didn't get help until 3 months postpartum. It sometimes help to at least talk.

Good luck finding a midwife. OBs (or even if not the OBs, their receptionists) sometimes don't have very good bedside manners.

Thank you, that made me feel better. It was just one morning of awful cramps that felt the worst they had even been, and thankfully they haven't come back. The last two days I haven't felt very pregnant, other than ligament pains down in my pelvis and my boobs still being tender. The MS has hit the brakes and I hope it stays that way, although I wake up feeling so hungry that if I don't eat asap I get nauseous and shaky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->