In need of some help

ChiiBaby

Mummy to Geli and TTC #2
Reaction score
Hi girls :flower:

I'm starting TTC next week but I have no idea where to start :dohh:

I am on the pill atm (going to stop next Monday) and ive been on it for so long I cant remember much about my regular periods :wacko:

Do I have to temp/chart?
When do I know when I'm OV?
When does a cycle start?

If you have any info on this id be very happy :hugs:

thanks x

Hey!

You don't HAVE to temp/chart, but it does make pinpointing ovulation easier.
If you temp, have a basal body thermometer and take your temp at the same time every morning, before you even get out of bed. Once your temp increases, you have already ovulated.

Also, around ovulation, you will have more water/egg white like CM.

If you check your cervix, it will be softer, higher and more open around ovulation.

Buy some cheapie OPKs off Amazon, I recommend the Wondfo brand. OPKs help a lot.

Cycle day 1 starts on the first day of your period.

Hi firstly good luck with your future and i hope you get your BFP soon.

The first day of your period is the start of your cycle.

After you have been monitoring your cycles a while you will notice patterns and you will start noticing symptoms of when your going to ovulate etc. I dont chart as i dont think i would remember to do it all of the time and i sometimes get up during the night with my son etc and dont know if any of this will affect the results. However i do use ovulation tests every month (still after 2 year of trying) to confirm ovulation each month. You can buy like 50 on ebay for £3.00-£4.00 depending on brand. Id also recommend buying your pregnancy tests on there as well, dont let the price fool you, their sensitivity is the same as some branded ones. I had been buying clear blue every month for about 7-8 month and theyre like £8-£9 a test and although they are super sensitive i have had to stop myself (because of BFN's) and i got 50 for £4.00 on ebay.

It might take you a while to conceive after being on the pill but it all depends on your body. With my first i fell pregnant on the pill as well as using protection so it really does depend on your body. I am now a polar opposite and havent been on any form of conception for 4 year now and actively trying for a baby for over 2 year now and still nothing.

It can be daunting all this and im still quite new to this site so i hope i can help in some way.

Beckie
x

First day of flow ( more then spotting) is CD 1, you dont have to temp but I still chart my cycles on fertility friend just helps to keep track of where I am in a cycle and I chart with CM and OPKs.

Everyone else covered pretty much everything. I wanted to add though that OPKs have been very accurate for me. I haven't needed to chart or do cervix checks ever since. They're a little confusing for some people since they don't work the same way as a pregnancy test in that you usually always get two lines on an opk no matter what. On an OPK it depends upon how dark the test line is whether you're ovulating or not. I usually start the day after I stop my AF bleeding and use them until they become positive, where the test line is as dark or darker than the control (though on the ones I use the test line has NEVER gotten darker than the control but that's ok... different brands have different amounts of dye in them). Good luck in your ttc adventures and lots of baby dust!

:dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->