In Total Shock...

Congrats to all you ladies as well! The nurse is supposed to be calling me today to talk to me about everything because with both my previous pregnancies I had to be on Metformin for the PCOS and Prometrium for low progesterone so I guess they will need to do some blood work Wed when I go in.

Good luck! I'm waiting to hear back from the doctor for bloods. I was on prometrium till 13 weeks last time with low progesterone. It makes me so nervous!

Hi Ladies!! Congratulations to all you!!!

I'm coming from the Assisted conception group. I have PCOS and just found out on the
27th, the day after my bday. What a wonderful bday present for sure!!!! I took a test saturday morning, positive, sunday morning, positive, sunday night positive, finally last one this morning and it was a positive. So i'm thinking 4 tests can't be a lie, lol. i called my doc and he wasn't in today so he will return my call tomorrow. i'm thinking bloodwork done to confirm everything. funniest thing ever we were just referred for IVF, and started our tests last week. i went through a whole bunch of blood tests on thursday. but it all happens when least expected. I am in absolute shock that this is happening finally!!!! We've been trying to conveive for about 2 years now:):) i am just totally overjoyed and thrilled!!!

Congrats to you Kismat! How exciting!! We tried for two years to get pregnant with our son and had no luck and then the Dr put me on the Femara and after one month we conceived him. It is so crazy to think I conceived by myself only one month after quitting breastfeeding! The nurse did call me back and told me to continue the Metformin and they will be doing several blood tests on Wed including a progesterone check. I am so very nervous. I know this bloodwork will tell us alot.

Thanks sooo much sunshine!!! Congrats to you as well!!! Yeh i'm hoping i can go tomorrow for the blood test. i don't know how i'm going to keep this in from my parents, in laws, sisters, brothers. i just want to tell them. but i know i have to wait until the blood test result. good luck to you on wed!!

Good luck with your blood work Kismat! Let me know how it goes!! It is so hard to keep it a secret. Besides my husband, I have told my mom and my sister and my best friend but that's it. I had to tell them only because I was so shocked and freaked out I had to talk to someone lol.

Good luck with your blood work Kismat! Let me know how it goes!! It is so hard to keep it a secret. Besides my husband, I have told my mom and my sister and my best friend but that's it. I had to tell them only because I was so shocked and freaked out I had to talk to someone lol.

Thanks so much!!! I just hope i can go tomorrow. Yeh right, i can barely keep it in. I soooo want to tell our families, but i know 2 more days, atleast. So we will be due around the same time then. what did the doc give you as your due date?

Kismat I go to the dr tomorrow but from what I estimate on the due date calculators it is around January 5th give or take a few days. I have always had summer babies lol so this will be different for me! Do you know when they will do your blood work. Mine is tomorrow at 10am

Kismat I go to the dr tomorrow but from what I estimate on the due date calculators it is around January 5th give or take a few days. I have always had summer babies lol so this will be different for me! Do you know when they will do your blood work. Mine is tomorrow at 10am

Good luck today!!!! Hope you get a great beta!! I went in earlier for mine, so i should get the results later today. i just can't sit still though. We did a due date calculator last night and it's end of December, December 26th but give or take a few days. So let's see:):):) hahahaha yeh this will definately be different for you!! This is our first so all of this is brand new to us. still am in such shock!!!

Oh Congrats! I didn't realize this is your first :happydance: You will do wonderful. It is such an exciting experience. Although we didn't plan on going through it a third time, I guess we will be lol! I had a tiny bit of spotting this morning but I took another test and it was pretty dark. I attached a picture. I called the nurse and she told me to come in right away to get the blood work done. They did a beta, progesterone, and CBC I think?? She said the results will be in this afternoon! I am super nervous. I have my fingers crossed you will have a great beta!!!! Are you feeling ok?
100MEDIA$IMAG1183.jpg

My beta was 147 and progesterone was a 15. The Dr has called me in Prometrium to take until 12 weeks. I am going back Thursday for another beta to make sure it has doubled

Sunshine yeh it's definately positive. That's great!!! What does prometrium do?

I'm feeling ok. My breasts have been sore since last wednesday. i spotted very little on wed. as well. thought my period was coming but nope. i'm getting little more tired last 2 days. but not sure if it's nerves or what. yesterday i couldn't finish my cereal cause i got soooo nauseous and last night at dinner the food just didn't appeal to me. i'm thinking of all this is normal.

i'm still waiting for my results, hopefully soon he'll call me.

Let me know when you get your results :) Fingers crossed for you!! Prometrium helps increase my progesterone levels which thickens the lining of the uterus. It just helps prevent miscarriage due to low levels of progesterone. I was on it with my daughter too :(

Thanks for the info!!! So its OFFICIAL OFFICIAL!!! I am super excited. My beta was 1200 he said that is great and is a bit high for this early. so he was like twins...but all is well though. have another appt. next tuesday for another beta.

Oh yay!!!!! Wow 1200! That is high but that's awesome :) Did you take fertility pills?

I know you said you were about to start IVF so I guess this was all natural? I just went and re-read your first post lol sorry

Yes we were...started all the blood work and all last week for it. just crazy how life happens!!! Doc said it could be twins after looking at my results. he said come in for another blood test and ultrasound, so scheduled that for next. tuesday.

you've been a mom before is it normal to have an ultrasound sooo early. i would be about six and a half weeks next tues. i don't want to do anything to hurt the baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->