Inappropriate comments buying pregnancy test!

Posted this elsewhere yesterday:

Wow: I went to the supermarket this morning... We pack our own grocery bags at this store and I pack mine according to where the item goes. All fruits and veggies together, all meat together, all bathroom and laundry stuff together and so on. I notice the digital pregnancy tests are missing so I look back and they are sitting on the till. So I ask the cashier to ring them through and hand them over please and thank you. She looks at OH and I up and down and says " oh, well you two just too young for those I'll have someone put them away for you."

WTF! 27 & 31 I have enough of my MIL telling us not to have kids I don't need a stranger telling me the same thing. I reached over her grabbed them scanned them and put them in my bag as if she had said nothing at all and continued on with bagging my other items. Of course on my way out I made a big stink about it to the manager...

Posted this elsewhere yesterday:

Wow: I went to the supermarket this morning... We pack our own grocery bags at this store and I pack mine according to where the item goes. All fruits and veggies together, all meat together, all bathroom and laundry stuff together and so on. I notice the digital pregnancy tests are missing so I look back and they are sitting on the till. So I ask the cashier to ring them through and hand them over please and thank you. She looks at OH and I up and down and says " oh, well you two just too young for those I'll have someone put them away for you."

WTF! 27 & 31 I have enough of my MIL telling us not to have kids I don't need a stranger telling me the same thing. I reached over her grabbed them scanned them and put them in my bag as if she had said nothing at all and continued on with bagging my other items. Of course on my way out I made a big stink about it to the manager...

Where do people get off on thinking it's ok? Hope you pointed out to her that you were in your 30s (I always said I'd say my partners age if anyone said anything snide) and she should stop being an ignorant judgemental cow and stick to processing shopping with her mouth shut.
Sorry you had to go through this!

Oh gosh! That's an awful experience and I too would have been extremely embarrassed!

It's non of his business and he really didn't need to shout about it! 'Can you come take the security tag off this?' would have been just enough.

I'm pretty tough skinned (I'm a welder/millwright by trade) so it was more the fact she had no right to tell me I'm too young for a pregnancy test... My poor OH didn't have time to process what happened until it was over lol the store manager got an earful as OH was loading the car. I made sure I was loud enough for the cashier to hear me complain and I was blatantly pointing at her. I know it was probably a cow thing to do myself though... Either way just one more reason not to buy tests at the store!

Oh Wow OP! this has put me off buying stuff like this in tesco!!

maybe next time go to boots (or similar), they must see much worse !

I often feel a bit embarrassed too, even though I have a daughter :dohh: just social awkwardness I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->