Incompetent Cervix - stitch/cerclage - threatened labour

Jessabella...my doc told me that after taking progesterone suppositories many women all of the sudden have a gross gooey large discharge and come in freaked out...it collects in a vaginal cavity and then eventually falls out. So maybe that is what it all was. She warned me ahead so in case it happens to me I dont get upset.
Have they been doing cervical measures and are you the same at 1.5 as originally. I was wondering because that is comforting to know that at that measure it can still hold strong.
MM.....please let us know about the scan. good news is that even if you are close, your baby will be ok at this point!

As for me, having the same experience as MM. No cerclage, only bedrest and progesterone suppositories. After 2 weeks, now I am 2.2cm, up from 1.4.
I was sensitive and bleeding during exams and now I am not at all and clot went away. Im so tired of the bed after 20 days here almost, but guess I could be here until Xmas if all is going well with our little guy. Seems impossible! The 1st two weeks were fun...to relax, catch up on stuff, and have a break from my two year old for the 1st time in 2 years. Now Im over it:blush: but oh well. Too afraid to move much!

hello im new here, a little history i had dd1 may 99 38 weeks went for check up and was told i was 3 cm failure to progress and fetal distress emergency section, dd2 12 week scan they found a 4cm fibroid had prom @34 weeks breech c section all well discharged 48 hrs after, dd3 early bleeding until 10 weeks fibroid now measuring 8cm prom vbac 3 hours start to finish all well discharged after 48 hours.
this is where things started getting bad had my dds angel jan 09 @21 weeks due to potters syndrome 10 cm fibroid, july 2009 had dd4 @22 weeks my waters were bulging drs refused to help her due to gestation, after this i was told that the weight of my fibroid was making my cervix week, december 2009 i had my fibroid removed @12 cms, missed my auntie flo in march though maybe something to do with the amount of surgery i had undergone.
well to my surprise at a 6 week reassurence scan i was told i was expecting twins @ 14 weeks i had my stitch placed with a spinal and i am pleased to say that i am now 20 wks + 4 with boy girl twins am on modified bed rest but my cervix is closed :happydance: im sorry that this post is so long i just want to let other women know that so far the stitch is working for me good luck everyone :dust:

Welcome Mummy7! I too had a stitch placed with my twins and made it to 38wks and scheduled section. You need any advice, I'm always here :hugs:

Jessabella - I know I'm sounding bossy hun, and I apologise, but IC is an issue I feel so strongly about, and I just want you to avoid my preemie horror :hugs: On that note - drinking water is sooooo important. With twins I was on 2/3 glasses per hour, and that was the only way to keep my "pee" clear - otherwise it was like treacle TMI :blush:

With a singleton you probably don't need as much, but atleast a glass per hour should suffice. It does help prevent PTL too. xxx

thankyou im so glad that it worked for you too :) they want to deliver me by section around 36 weeks as i have had a lot of womb surgery should i still ask for the steroid shots i had with my 34 and 35 weeker at 20 wks 4 days the twins estimated weight is girl 12 oz and boy 11 oz does this sound right ?

Welcome Mummy7! I too had a stitch placed with my twins and made it to 38wks and scheduled section. You need any advice, I'm always here :hugs:

i have to drink loads to to keep the pee clear hubby laughs that i have become a wee wee obsessed lady but keeping it clear keeps the tightenings away so i defo agree :)

Jessabella - I know I'm sounding bossy hun, and I apologise, but IC is an issue I feel so strongly about, and I just want you to avoid my preemie horror :hugs: On that note - drinking water is sooooo important. With twins I was on 2/3 glasses per hour, and that was the only way to keep my "pee" clear - otherwise it was like treacle TMI :blush:

hello im new here, a little history i had dd1 may 99 38 weeks went for check up and was told i was 3 cm failure to progress and fetal distress emergency section, dd2 12 week scan they found a 4cm fibroid had prom @34 weeks breech c section all well discharged 48 hrs after, dd3 early bleeding until 10 weeks fibroid now measuring 8cm prom vbac 3 hours start to finish all well discharged after 48 hours.
this is where things started getting bad had my dds angel jan 09 @21 weeks due to potters syndrome 10 cm fibroid, july 2009 had dd4 @22 weeks my waters were bulging drs refused to help her due to gestation, after this i was told that the weight of my fibroid was making my cervix week, december 2009 i had my fibroid removed @12 cms, missed my auntie flo in march though maybe something to do with the amount of surgery i had undergone.
well to my surprise at a 6 week reassurence scan i was told i was expecting twins @ 14 weeks i had my stitch placed with a spinal and i am pleased to say that i am now 20 wks + 4 with boy girl twins am on modified bed rest but my cervix is closed :happydance: im sorry that this post is so long i just want to let other women know that so far the stitch is working for me good luck everyone :dust:

With a singleton you probably don't need as much, but atleast a glass per hour should suffice. It does help prevent PTL too. xxx

Bossy...NO WAY..youre helpful and loving with all your advice!:hugs:I only say yess maamm because I know I need to listen to you because you have more experience than I do..and I am stuborn sometimes:blush:

I appreciate all of you...Im really trying to keep up with the water..
Everything is going okay now...baby is really really KICKING up a storm ..my belly looks like an alien is inside...
TODAY IM 26 WEEKS!!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Mummyof7 - steroids not necessary once a baby reaches 34wks gestation. Weights sound perfect for 20wks xxx

PS - Anyone know if MPG1502 is ok? She hasn't been on the board since the 20th, so getting a bit concerned. She is at 30wks now so things are not quite so worrisome as they were 8wks ago x

hey ladies..scan thismorning in 2 hours!a little excited a little nervous.i have been in sooooo much pain and every time i do a wee it feels like baby is trying to drop out (i think its the position of sitting on the toilet?) so am a little worried things have been progressing but im 30+5 now and im sure they can hopefully hold it off another two weeks (hopefully) and then i will quit being worried cos although he'l be premmie im sure hel be fine cos of his big size..i am just hoping he is still 2 weeks ahead in growth as he was at every scan between 20-30 weeks!cos that would make him the size of a 33 weeker right now!wish me luck.x

well i had my scan and everything seems to be going quite well :happydance:
my cervix is down to 28mm (it was 29mm last time it was checked) but to me that seems quite good for nearly 31 weeks?she said there was no membranes around and the cervix was all closed. so i am thinking its quite possible after all this hassle i will carry to term!i am going to ask my doc in 2 weeks if we can move the ceaser forward to 38 weeks instead of 39 as i have been so prepared for this baby to come really early and i am MASSIVE already no one can beleive i have 9 weeks left!

i am 30+5 today and baby is measuring 32+2..so still quite a big boy so i know he'l be fine to go that extra week early.his bladder was full from drinking the fluid and we saw him drinking it on the 4D which was adorable!she also said she could see him practising his breathing so he's doing everything right.

my placenta has moved 3cms away from my cervix which didnt matter much cos i require a csection regardless but still good news. i honestly think now i will be right to carry on life a bit more normal than i have been and start preparing the house for bubs since its a pigsty cos iv not been able to vacum ect!

MM.....Such wonderful happy news. So happy for you after the last months of worry. Now hopefully you get to enjoy a little as most pregnant women can...you deserve that! Thanks for giving the rest of us hope too!

ahhh IM so excited for you..there is hope for all of us!! Keep us updated and many prayers with good luck as well that you will hang on..I would do the same thing and ask them to bring it to 38 weeks as well..is it bad that I am hoping for ababy to go just till 38 weeks and then come right out herself?

Hi there, I was wondering if I could join you ladies on here? A little bit about myself, currently 19 weeks pregnant with twins. I had a shirodkar stitch placed at 12 weeks, this was due to a previous loss of twins at 22weeks 5days in my previous pregnancy. My cervix was fine at 20 week scan but at 21 weeks I had another scAn and it was seen that cervix had opened. An emergent cerclage was attempted to be placed and the amniotic sac of baby was ruptured during procedure. I went 10 days before the contractions started and unfortunately I lost both babies, was an extremely sad time for us. However we continued with the ivf treatment and I have been blessed with twins again although it's so scary.

I had my last scan on Wednesday and cervix is holding well with stitch, length was around 4.9cm. I have placed myself on bed rest since 12 weeks and although I have been told that it won't make any difference i really don't want to take any risks. I lay on the couch in the day and have recently just been leaving the house to go to appts or other necessary trips. I'm really not sure on how struct the bed rest should be as every time I do walk now I'm out of breath and feel very unfit.

I really hope I can join you ladies and provide support for one another to get through these tough days. My first milestone being 21 weeks when it went wrong last time.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and any advice would be appreciated.

X

thanks so much ladies =) feeling so happy and positive about the little man now i just know he's guna be a healthy lil chubba!just like my first lo and she was soooo cute with big lips and a chubby face cos she was 9pound 4.lol.
jessabella its not wrong at all!lol.not many women go through thinking the worst and that their baby might come so early its dangerous and then have to go all the way to term!lol.i think my dr will move mine earlier there's no reason why not bub is healthy measuring 2 weeks ahead and doing all the right things im sure he'l be fine!
with mikayla i had threatened preterm at 33 weeks with steroids due to a severe bleed and ended up going 9days over before being induced!it was torture when they prepare u for a premmie and u go OVER!!

welcome aspen10..im so sorry for the loss of ur twins and i hope this time ur stitch is successful..i am not carrying twins but was unable to receive a stitch and bed rest and medication lengthened my cervix so no matter what they say i know it helps!

Hi there, I was wondering if I could join you ladies on here? A little bit about myself, currently 19 weeks pregnant with twins. I had a shirodkar stitch placed at 12 weeks, this was due to a previous loss of twins at 22weeks 5days in my previous pregnancy. My cervix was fine at 20 week scan but at 21 weeks I had another scAn and it was seen that cervix had opened. An emergent cerclage was attempted to be placed and the amniotic sac of baby was ruptured during procedure. I went 10 days before the contractions started and unfortunately I lost both babies, was an extremely sad time for us. However we continued with the ivf treatment and I have been blessed with twins again although it's so scary.

I had my last scan on Wednesday and cervix is holding well with stitch, length was around 4.9cm. I have placed myself on bed rest since 12 weeks and although I have been told that it won't make any difference i really don't want to take any risks. I lay on the couch in the day and have recently just been leaving the house to go to appts or other necessary trips. I'm really not sure on how struct the bed rest should be as every time I do walk now I'm out of breath and feel very unfit.

I really hope I can join you ladies and provide support for one another to get through these tough days. My first milestone being 21 weeks when it went wrong last time.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and any advice would be appreciated.

X

wow they measured you and gave you another scan..they wont do that for me..what part of kent are you..maybe my doctors are dodgy:dohh:

Hi jessabella, I was seeing a private consultant in Sevenoaks so he saw me for anomoly scan at 20 weeks and was gonna see me 2 weeks later, but cos he knew I was worried he agreed to check again a week later. I'm with the same consultant this time and after my appt on wednesday im seeing him again in 2 weeks. It is expensive but at least I cansee him when I need to. I'm not far from you only in Gravesend. I paid privately for him to do my stitch too.

Do you mind sending me a PM to give me details and how much it cost..I dont care if he is exspensive...I just feel like I need to know details..is that weired?? I have private insurance as well..maybe that will offset the cost..I dont know ..or maybe I should just trust my doctors:blush:

you can just click on my name and then go to send private message.:flower:

Hey everyone. Hi Aspen10 - so sorry to hear you lost your twins love, that is heartbreaking. I'm thrilled that you're pregnant with twins again tho hun x

I'm not sure how much of my story you know, but I recently had twins after a shirodkar stitch was placed at 12wks. My pregnancy was scary, plagued with BH contractions and lots of frightening symptoms, but none of them amounted to anything and I went on to deliver 9 and 7Ib twins at 38 plus weeks.

I had cervical scans every 3wks from 15wks, and mine was 4cms at 18wks, so yours is looking excellent. The shirodkar stitch is brilliant, and held absolutely firm for my massive pregnancy, when my cervix was under a huge strain. Your current cervical length makes it unlikely that it will now shorten and open over the next few weeks. The stitch creates an overall tension in the cervix, and makes it firm and closed where previously it opened.

When I had the stitch placedm the doc said she had never seen such a floppy cervix - which it shouldn't be at 12wks. Despite that, it didn't change at all until 25wks, when it had funneled slightly at the top. It never funneled past the stitch tho, so it definitely did its job.

As for rest, I kept off my feet pretty much round the clock. Tbh, I felt like the babies were falling out throughout the pregnancy, and I daren't be upright for more than 20mins anyway. I was too scared to do anything but lie down!! :-( I too was never officially told to rest, but I wasn't taking any chances.

The twin pregnancy threw up lots of extra aches and pains which mimicked prem labour for me, so the second/early third trimester wasn't much fun, but it was all worth it in the end to bring home two healthy chunks ;-)

I believe ALL twin ladies should rest anyway, but especially us IC mamas. Take care, and please let us know how you get on. If there's anything you need to ask, please do - I really want to help support you thru the next few months x

PS - Drink 2/3 glasses of water per hour with twins x

Jessabelle, I have clicked onto your profile however nowhere does it state send a pm? Sorry am I just being stupid here?

Hi Lizzie

Many thanks for your message. Gosh u didn't have an easy ride either. Can't believe what great weight your twins were and well done on getting to 38 weeks, really does provide me with confidence that it can be done.

I've been terrified of things going wrong and have had loads of scans already. I also had a pretty rough ride up to 14 weeks with big bleeds at 9 and 11 weeks and then there was a hematoma which could be seen on scan. Thankfully disappeared at 15 weeks scan.

I have been on strict bed rest since around 12 weeks (self imposed). I have seen 2 consultants who have both said that br makes no difference. Like u though I am too frightened to carry on as normal. My daily routine is to get out of bed around 12 ish and then go lie on couch downstairs for tbe rest of the day. Getting up to go toilet and then getting up to put tv on, grab something or eat my food. I'm staying with my mum so she prepares my food for me. Lizzie, what did your daily routine consist of? How much did you actually get up and walk around or leave the house. Mobviously leave the hous for appts, blood tests etc.

My knee has really started to hurt and my skin is becoming quite saggy where I amlying down most of the time. My back also really aches some days. Did you do any sort of exercises? When did you start to walk around and get back on your feet? Sorry for all the questions, but it's so nice to be able to talk to someone who also carried twins. Did you wear any sort of compression stockings?

I'm so sorry to bombard you with all these questions!, would be grateful for any sort of advice.

Hope all you other ladies are doing well. Seems everyone is a little further on than me.

Lizzie, your family pic of your children looks great x

Do you mind sending me a PM to give me details and how much it cost..I dont care if he is exspensive...I just feel like I need to know details..is that weired?? I have private insurance as well..maybe that will offset the cost..I dont know ..or maybe I should just trust my doctors:blush:

JB- you have now reached a stage where you don't need scans tooo frequently, and remember docs are always mindful of the small infection risk everytime they internally scan your cervix - it's a case of balancing the risk hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->