Inconceivable and beyond :-)

Have any of you heard of the 'plastic egg Ivf? https://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada...lity-clinic-invocell-1.3579461#commentwrapper
It looks like our clinic has a little competition moving in. Maybe they'll clean up their act a little and normalize their prices.

Pinkie, when you said this cycle hasn't been too kind I'm sitting here in bed, headache, back ache, face broke out terribly, had a little cry today feeling sorry for myself:haha: bloody awful! Lets hope your immune system is down and ready for bean. The first time I got pregnant naturally I got really sick. This is going to work for both of us.
Anyways, I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow but really, pregnancy was waaaay better than this! I love progesterone:haha:
Crystal I agree with you about the articles of really older women getting pregnant. In my mind, it's daunting (and a bit depressing hearing about anomolies). So many things have to line up to make it happen:

-Low end of the healthy BMI index, obesity is the number one risk of failure to implant or mc with ivf (the reason the NHS have limitations around who they'll assist with ART)
-Fantastic genetics
-No immune issues and if a person miraculously gets pregnant with immune issues, naturally or not, w/o treatment mc is such a high risk
-a husband who hasn't also fallen in fertility (with sperm count). As men age, for every year after 40, a man loses 10%/year in overall counts and is left with very little after 50 (average pop.)
-have to be extremely lucky to have an egg w/o chromosomal issues

I've had too many losses and even with my lucky little lady MacKinley I still don't believe it would happen for us again. In 6 years of eating well, perfect 28 day cycles, keeping my bmi low, my brain knows that even DE ivf is unlikely to work for us, and a natural would more than likely end before 8 weeks :cry:

2have, sorry to hear the drugs are not being kind to you either, I keep telling myself its all for a good cause. I will happily feel like this to get our baby.

I agree with you about the articles but I suppose it does prove that miracles do happen. I hope they happen on here.

Got some good news this morning, our donors eggs have grown a lot in the last two days so EC has been confirmed for Monday which means my ET will now be next Sat. I'll be flying out to Greece on Fri.

Have a good weekend ladies x

Awesome news Pinkie!! :happydance: GL on your upcoming ET!! I'm sending you positive vibes and bucket loads of baby dust!! :dust: :dust: :dust:

Fantastic news Pinkie x
2 have - not long until you travel either. Good luck x
Stacer - hopefully your number one choice will be happy to donate for you xx
L L - glad you have a plan:flower:
Boopin - hope all is going well with your cycle so far. Do you have a transfer date ?
Crystal - exciting news about going back for another transfer in November xx
Hope everyone else is well x

Thanks ladies.

Boopin, how is your FET going, do you have a date?

Bluebell, how are you? When is your next scan?

X

Bluebell & Pinkie - I have a UL check and blood draw this coming Monday. If all goes well with my lining, then FET will be on the following Monday 5/23. I have a ton of CM (estrogen's working, lol!!). So, I think my UL will be sufficient. Fx'd for us all ttc!! I'd love to have some 2ww buddies. :hugs:

Wow! Pinkie & Boopin days apart and then myself the week following. Anyone else?

2have - I'm so excited for all of us!! Let's get this party started!! :happydance: :headspin::dance:

wow cool! yeah I should be ovulating this coming week too so FXd!

Llb when's your birthday this month? How long have you & DH been trying naturally?

Good luck ladies, am excited to follow you all and keeping everything crossed for bfps for you all :happydance:

I have to say I agree about taking the news reports with a pinch of salt. It's difficult to know how many were actually naturally conceived because at the end of the day it's none of our business and they are probably not going to tell us that they actually did DE. I guess it's keeping a balance between being optimistic and being realistic, for me at 45 I knew the chances of getting pregnant naturally were so slim that I wasn't prepared to take that risk and wait any longer as I definitely knew I wanted a child. I read a report that said there were no reported incidences of women over 45 giving birth after IVF with their own eggs. I don't know if that is right but if it is that is quite a scary indication of egg quality.

Well I'm hoping I get lucky but still talking to RE and looking for potential donors. My grandmother and her sister both had spontaneous pregnancies in their 40s and had healthy kids who are still alive and thriving so who knows. But no I'm not waiting around for ever

You're 46 now turning 47? It's just amazing that you feel physically capable of bearing snother child. I'm so arthritic at 40, and every extra pound in my frame seems impossible. My knees are shot, it's not a pretty sight seeing me put our wee MacKinley in the jolly jumper lol. And if I fall while skiing well you have to use your knee joints to get back up...so it's best that I don't fall down anymore:haha:

Well I'm hoping I get lucky but still talking to RE and looking for potential donors. My grandmother and her sister both had spontaneous pregnancies in their 40s and had healthy kids who are still alive and thriving so who knows. But no I'm not waiting around for ever

You're 46 now turning 47? It's just amazing that you feel physically capable of bearing snother child. I'm so arthritic at 40, and every extra pound in my frame seems impossible. My knees are shot, it's not a pretty sight seeing me put our wee MacKinley in the jolly jumper lol. And if I fall while skiing well you have to use your knee joints to get back up...so it's best that I don't fall down anymore:haha:

Well that's great that you feel young. Sorry somehow I thought you'd said in a previous post that you are 46.

Happy Monday ladies! Ugh woke up with a bit of a scratchy throat and it's all white so off to the doctor this evening for me. Girls are both teething they each have 8 teeth and now the molars are coming... Poppy has one molar almost completely through but they're not happy and they are normally very happy bubbas. They are also sneezing and just pale so I do hope their not getting my sore throat. Hate seeing them sick because their always so happy go lucky. Anyway got an email from my RE's rooms and I go in for my protocol when I get my cycle bleed which is end of August. I'll down regulate until November I'm even thinking I might start the pill in July just to be sure I've been down regulated well.

Butterfly, do you think you'd ever go back for a sibling? Or all done and dusted with A?

Liz, just make sure when your looking at donors you don't get caught up in the hype. We looked at the American donors and wow almost too much information to digest, as long as she resembles you, is similiar in size, same blood type and is smart the rest is truly environmental. You will make your baby the way you want your baby anyway :)

2have not long mama!! Operation get little miss a sibling is almost underway :) If you test early and need eyes mine are free.. Just putting that out there lol!

How is everyone else doing? Stacergirl did you get your donor sorted yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->