Inconceivable and beyond :-)

...we shall see!

How are the talks with DH going Liz?

giving it a cycle or two the natural route and if not then we will try the DE thing

Would you travel to Reprofit and if so, fresh or FET cycle? When Iwas discussing things with DH I looked up the stats for him on the likelihood of a pregnancy for us. I was diagnosed with DOR at 35 (at that age I had the ovaries of a 45 year old) but for people with no problems I was a little shocked that it goes from 55% to 35% from 35-40 and less than 5% after 45. I told DH we could still try after I get more children from this visit to Reprofit (doing the lucky fertility dance that it works out), but I was quite shocked at the stats. If I was looking like a 45 year old at 35, I wonder what's going on in there now?:haha: Anyways, seeing that we got MacKinley last year you never know, but I hope your DH doesn't wait too long to decide xx

2have, if it doesn't work I'm ok with that too I'm blessed with my family and the girls are just awesome. So this will be a one time cycle we won't be going back if it doesn't work mostly because I don't have the energy for cycle after cycle. Lol can't wait to follow your journey again!!

Liz, I just want one more lol! 2 have can have the twins this time :)

Bluebell-I'm not concerned with the Zika virus. We aren't being told to be extra cautionary or anything. Just bring bug spray and you should be fine!

Afm-the donor we initially selected just cycled again and is having retrieval this week if she hasn't had it already. Dh says he doesn't want her anymore. The back up donor was called to donate again but I don't think she's interested. Anyways, still no plans as to what we're doing or if we're done. Wishing everyone else loads of luck though!!

Bluebell-I'm not concerned with the Zika virus. We aren't being told to be extra cautionary or anything. Just bring bug spray and you should be fine!

Afm-the donor we initially selected just cycled again and is having retrieval this week if she hasn't had it already. Dh says he doesn't want her anymore. The back up donor was called to donate again but I don't think she's interested. Anyways, still no plans as to what we're doing or if we're done. Wishing everyone else loads of luck though!!

why doesn't he want her any more?

https://www.wftv.com/news/trending-now/70yearold-indian-woman-gives-birth-to-baby/274283847

Well I guess we are all still good!

she did use Donor eggs but wow 70! https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/10/indian-woman-gives-birth-at-70-with-help-of-ivf/

Liz I already gave my opinion of that story on Facebook lol!

Stacergirl why has your hubs decided not to go with the donor? Where are you having treatment if you don't mind me asking :)

another natural surprise in mid 40's! She is 45 https://celebritybabies.people.com/...ll-swenson/?xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

Crystal, its very brave and very exciting that you are going for another transfer, I hope you get another beautiful baby, good luck.

LL, glad the DH is on board and I hope the natural cycles work for you. It's definitely possible.

2have, I am prescribed 5mg folic acid with my cycles but I also take prenatal vitamins. I hope you are looking forward to your trip, only a few more weeks to go. Has AF arrived yet?

Sienna, sorry to hear that DH doesn't want to go with the first donor, did he say why? Did you hear back from the second choice?

I hope everyone else is doing well.

I have my lining scan tomorrow, I have never had a problem but I always get nervous and then should hopefully start getting updates on my donor.

:flower:

Hi Pinkie, all the best with your lining scan, I know you'll have a nice triple cozy for the beans.
AF hasn't come yet but I expect it tomorrow or the day after. My very 1st Reprofit coordinator said that Northisterone could make an old dead man have AF lol.

Liz, yay for her- she looks amazing too! it's all about the exercise isn't it? At least the article states as much. So many women get pregnant accidentally while losing weight & exercising. My bf got pregnant twice, once during her iron man training and with her second child during the world iron man competition in Hawaii. Mind you she was still in her twenties but it still bodes well for getting lots of exercise. Hormones work particularly well with fat loss - they're locked up in our fat). That mc/fertility site shows that women doing IVF have more chance of holding on to baby with healthy bmi, and at this point, that's all I can hope for.

It's gorgeous weather here. I think we'll take wee MacKinley out for a walk to the park today. I hope everyone is enjoying spring!

Hi ladies, Pinkie how did your scan go? How are you feeling in general? When's your transfer?

AF came today right on schedule, in 18 more days I'll be pupo!

Pinkie-hope your scan went well!

2have-so exciting!! I can't believe you're transferring soon! That went quick!!

ll-good luck hun! My doctor swears by a Mediterranean diet and excercising. He said if I wanted to try again with my own eggs that he would recommend me doing that diet and exercise for 3 straight months before.

How's everyone else?

Dh doesn't want the initial donor bc he likes the 2nd donor better now. I kind of agree. But the 2nd girl hasn't agreed to donate. So if she doesn't and he doesn't like any other donors then we won't be cycling again. I have a follow up with my doctor may 25 to see why he thinks the previous cycle failed and what he recommends. So I kind of dong want to make any decisions before I speak with him. I do think I'm leaning towards one more cycle before calling it quits though. So we will see.

Hi stacergirl, I hope the consult woth the doctor goes well then!
I agree with your doctor about the diet, anything low GI & packed with veggies & good protein is great for fertility. Hopefully the second donor agrees if you all decide you want to move ahead!

2have, excellent news AF arrived on time it all seems to be going to plan.
My scan went well thanks, it was triple lined and at 9mm so I am ready to go. Donor had her scan and is responding well, EC is looking likely to be next Weds which means transfer for me will be 23rd. Will find out more tomorrow. In general I feel ok, I have been lucky and not had many side effects from drugs but this cycle has not been too kind, I am a little run down, exhausted, achy etc but thankfully feeling a little better. As for the cycle, I am feeling hopeful but terrified!

Stacer, I hope you get some good news at your follow up appointment and that the donor agrees to donate.

:flower:

Wow only 18 days 2have?? Can't wait for this :)

Liz, meh I think when a pregnancy makes the news or an article it's got be on the rare side of things. Then it's not just pregnancy but a healthy pregnancy as well for egg quality. I guess I was ready for young donor eggs but everyone gets there at different times in life. You can't do something until your good and ready to do it. I truly hope 2016 is your year! I have a feeling it will be :)

Hello everyone!! Hope all is well my lovelies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->