Inconceivable and beyond :-)

thanks for thinking of me 2have, I've been avoiding the forums as I've not been good. I had a first scan at 7.5 weeks and got to see the heart beat but it had implanted low down in the uterus. My next scan at 9 weeks my embryo had stopped growing at 8.5 weeks. We were both devastated as it's the end of the road for us.

Hope your well x

Oh Sienna, I’m sorry. Brings tears to my eyes because I know how much it hurts. I hope you find other ways to fill your heart, you don’t have to be a mom to experience the joys of babies & children. There’s nothing I can say that doesn’t seem shallow (to me). But I wish you the best life ever and that your heart fully heals xx

I'm so sorry to hear your this Sienna. Hope you are doing ok. It is such a tough journey. I think sometimes only people who have experience similar can really understand. Sending you hugs.

I just popped on to see if anyone was about and doing any treatment. We have decided to go for it and try with one of my frosties. Have started meds and should be heading back to Reprofit within the next few weeks for FET. And so the madness starts again!! Can't believe I am doing this again!!! However, we have our precious bundle so whatever the outcome I am all good with it. Just don't want to have regrets about not giving it a go. Have just turned 43 so feeling decidedly old to be trying to get pregnant!

Bluebell good luck with it! How old is your cherub now?
I swear I’m only 42 and menopause has hit! The AF’s have slowed right up, I get hot flashes all the time. And the worst part is my hair won’t griw and it’s so hard it is to keep the weight off. Eeek! Women have such a hard time with everything our bodies put us through!

Hi Sienna - I've just read your post and my heart goes out to you. Devastating is not enough to describe that sort of pain. I truly hope you find a way to move on. After 5 rounds of IVF - getting pregnant and then miscarrying, I understand some of what you are feeling.
My girls are going to be 2 on Sunday - where does the time go! I also think I'm heading towards menopause -big big night sweats, but for me periods are heavier and more frequent! Its like someone has pressed the fast forward button so all my remaining periods are queing up to get out asap! Sorry TMI! :) Anyway I truly hope all your TTC ladies are well ... I don't hang out here much any more but I do still see all posts! Take care! :) xx

Hi everyone!

Sienna, I am so, so sorry for you. I can't even fathom the pain you must be experiencing and I know no words of comfort can make up for that. :flower: :hugs:

Bluebell...I am in the midst of treatment. Just finished my first IVF cycle. Got 20 eggs and 7 blastocysts! Six of the 7 were genetically normal, but we don't know about the 7th because there wasn't enough DNA in the cells so they couldn't tell if it was normal or not. Really not sure what we're going to do about that one.

I'm currently waiting for my FET cycle as all of the embryos (read: my babies!!!!!) have been frozen because I was at high risk for OHSS. My ovaries were freakin HUGE! They were actually touching one another in the last few days before the retrieval. I was SO glad to get those eggies out of me. I'm starting to think, now that it's been two weeks, that my body is never going to be quite the same. I didn't expect that, though I probably should have, since pregnancy apparently alters a woman's body permanently as well.

I'm honestly not sure what to expect from the FET cycle. I'm hoping my doctor will be okay with me just using progesterone suppositories or oral pills. I really don't want to do injections again. But again, I have no idea what to expect.

GL on your FET cycle!!! That's super exciting. I've seen loads of women in their 40s on this site getting pregnant and trying, so I don't think you are too old. The "old" moms are the ones you hear about getting pregnant in their 50s. But even then, if that's what they want and their bodies are healthy...all the more power to them for being willing to raise teenagers in their 70s lol!

2 Have, my little one will be 2 in November. The time has just flown in and to be honest I've just enjoyed not TTC!
I have a lining check on Saturday and then I'll get my date for transfer. I just plan to fly over myself and Hubby will stay home with our daughter.

Co-fostermom - wow, that's fantastic that you have seven blasts. How long do you have to wait to do your frozen cycle ? 20 eggs is a lot !! I've not had to use any injections for my FET, just tablets which is a bonus xx

Bluebell...I'm glad to hear you didn't have to do injections. I'm SO hoping that's the case for me as well. I have a follow-up appointment on the 9th (I wish it was a lot sooner than that but that was the first available appointment) and I am really hoping I can do a transfer by the end of the month but I have no idea what that entails. Did you have to start a new cycle for your FET cycle? Or did you just have to take the meds and they could transfer it a week or so later?

I have done a few frozen cycles in the past and the regime has been slightly different for each one. In some cycles I have done a single injection the cycle before the transfer cycle - so basically over 2 menstrual cycles.
This time round I started taking oestrogen tabs, prednisolone and aspirin on day 2, I have a scan on day 11-12 and then transfer day 19-21 depending on how my lining looks. I've to add in some prgesterone 5 days before transfer.
They might want you to wait a full cycle just to let everything settle down after your stimulation cycle .

Thanks for that info Bluebell...I think that's what they are having me do (wait a full cycle). I'm in the middle of my cycle since stimulation, so hopefully by the end of next week when I get to see my doctor again, I'll be pretty close to starting a new cycle. I'm really hoping everything checks out and I can do a transfer by the end of August. I just really like the idea of being due in May. I live in Washington, and it can get pretty uncomfortable with high humidity and no A/Cs to speak of come the end of June and July, so I'm hoping to be done with pregnancy by then lol.

Fingers crossed all goes well with your appointment next week. I should hopefully know early next week what date my transfer will be xx

Thank you:flower: Lining was 8mm so have emailed my report to the clinic and should find out tomorrow when transfer will be. They advised I should contact the emergency line if it was under 7mm so fingers crossed all is ok.
Once I have the date I can book flights and work out the logistics of travel!

Arrived in Brno last night and transfer is in 2 hours time . Keeping everything crossed that our frostie thaws ok xxx

AFM...we found out that we have 5 boys and 1 girl (frosties). When my uterus is ready, we decided to transfer a boy. We figure if anything goes wrong with this first pregnancy, we'd rather it be one of the boys (though we really hope not to lose any of them), than the girl because if we lose her, we lose our chance at a daughter. Ugh...so nerve-racking. I sort of wish we hadn't found out about that this go but I was super curious and couldn't help myself lol. :dohh:

Oh wow, that's exciting to know what sex all your embryos are. Has your Dr advised when you can do your transfer yet? We never found out the sex of any of our embryos so never had that decision to make and then decided not to find out the baby's sex until birth :flower:

Transfer went well yesterday and I'm now officially PUPO with one hatching blastocyst. I flew home last night and back to work today so it's been an eventful few days. I was happy to be home and see my little one :flower:

What is PUPO? I'm really excited for you Bluebell! To answer your question, I don't have a transfer date yet because I haven't started a new cycle. Four more days of Provera (including tonight) and then it should only be a day or two before my new cycle starts. They'll have me on estrogen to start and then I think once my lining is where they want it, they'll have me start taking progesterone and then will transfer. I will update here for sure once I actually have a date!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->