Induction tomorrow...

Erinsmummy

Pregnant with no6
Reaction score
I’m bloody terrified!! Being induced tomorrow on my due date. It’s my 4th baby. I think it’s cos I know it’s coming... and what’s coming!! They think I’ll only need my waters braking and nothing else, but I’ve never even had that! I’ve always gone into labour naturally, and they’ve been quite quick. 1st was 6 hours, second was 4 hours and 3rd was 2 and a half hours.. they were all straight forward so I guess I have no reason to worry... but I am .

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly, I've had inductions before and mine always started slow and then really ramped up at 7 cm. (I'm also on my fourth)

That being said, soon you'll have your little baby in your arms, I know that anxiety about labor is so real for me too, so you're not alone feeling that way. GL!!

Good luck! I was induced with my first (5 weeks early) and really liked the fact that I knew when it was happening and wouldn't have to do any guesses about when to phone hospital, when to go in and all that.

I know everyone's journey is different, but mine went really smoothly. I had the gel at 11am, a sweep at 6pm and DS was here by 9pm!

Having said that, I was still so nervous that I was physically shaking. I couldn't get it to stop, it was really embarrassing!

Ferry, I had that shaking really bad, nurses told me it was really common and from the adrenaline. I was also embarrassed by it, but in the end my baby was out soon and the shakes relaxed when I had her in my arms.

I was induced with my first after he was two weeks late. It was scary at the time (and took ages), and I've always thought since "i hope it happens naturally next time".
Now that I'm due again soon, I'm actually half hoping I end up induced because I have no idea how I'll know when I go in to labour naturally :haha: I dread turning up too early and getting told to leave again :dohh:

Thanks everyone. I was induced as planned on Wednesday morning, had a sweep and pessery at 9:30am, only started getting pains at 6:30pm, waters went on their own at 7:30 and he was born at 8:55pm. So was mostly a good experience really :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->