Induction without epidural

alio

Reaction score
My induction is booked for next Sunday. I didn't really want an epidural but after reading how painful inductions can be can anyone tell me did they manage their induction without one?

I thought I was a tough cookie but now I'm not so sure...... xx

I had pethadine with my 2 inductions, although I really didn't want to be confined to the bed. It really is best to have meds in mind and see how you feel at the time hun xxx :hugs:

Hope it goes well for you, it really isn't that bad though, just a bit wierd as it's not as natural. One of my DD was 10 days late and the other was 12days. By this time I was quiet happy for them to be evicted. :rofl:

Can't advise as not been in that situation yet hun, but just wanted to say good luck!!
xx

I had pethadine with my 2 inductions, although I really didn't want to be confined to the bed. It really is best to have meds in mind and see how you feel at the time hun xxx :hugs:

Hope it goes well for you, it really isn't that bad though, just a bit wierd as it's not as natural. One of my DD was 10 days late and the other was 12days. By this time I was quiet happy for them to be evicted. :rofl:

Thanks for that. I'll just play it by ear then, all I can do I suppose. Cheers for your advice. xx

Can't advise as not been in that situation yet hun, but just wanted to say good luck!!
xx

Thanks sweetie. I meant to ask you Cuddles, what is the plan of action with you in terms of delivering a bigger baby? Are you monitored really regularly?

with my first i was put on patocin(sp) after my water broke since the contractions weren't doing anything. I didn't have an epi or other drugs. I think you can do it but don't get upset if you need meds.

with my first i was put on patocin(sp) after my water broke since the contractions weren't doing anything. I didn't have an epi or other drugs. I think you can do it but don't get upset if you need meds.

cheers babe, yeah i need to get it into my head that i may need to grit my teeth and have one.

xx

i had pethadine and gas and air i had two pressies and drip , it is more pailfull then starting natruall.:hugs:your be fine i had 2 doeses of pethadine

i had pethadine and gas and air i had two pressies and drip , it is more pailfull then starting natruall.:hugs:your be fine i had 2 doeses of pethadine

cheers babe....... good to hear honest experiences. xx

Sorry hon, have no advice but wanted to wish you luck x x

i was induced with my first and coz the contractions kicked in so strong to start with I opted for an epi. I really wished I hadnt. The contractions slowed right down and with hind sight I think I should have carried on with the gas and air for longer.

I absolutely wont be having one this time unless advised to by a Dr for some reason.

x

I was induced with my first, had two lots of gel and then a couple of hours later the contractions started. It was the middle of the night so I just paced the corridor and stood under the shower from time to time. At 8am I was examined and went to delivery suite and finally got gas and air. An hour later I was ready to push, and stopped using the gas and air, but managed fine. I really didn't want an epi or peth, however, had my labour been longer I am certain I WOULD have had something stronger.

This time I went naturally and admit it was easier, but thats prob just cuz it was my 2nd.

Its best to stay open minded, and make sure your birth partner knows your wishes so they can help support you throughout, thats something I learnt as it seems I am unable to talk at all in labour lol!!!

Dont have any adivce but I wish you good luck! Cant wait to see pics of you baby! :D

Dont have any advice but i feel the same as you, i really dont want an epi so im really hoping i dont have to be induced because i reckon ill end up wanting one more if im induced than going natural. I hope you can do it without an epi.. Good luck! Will be good to hear what you end up doing if you are induced, i dont reckon my baby is going to come before i have to be induced =(

I was induced & ended up having an epi. My labour went on far longer than I expected & I was knackered so having the epi was a complete god send lol. I think throughout my pregnancy I knew i'd have an epi though, i'm crap with pain lol

I was induced on Saturday evening & got contractions relatively quickly but I wasn't dilating. I got through the Saturday night & Sunday morning on nothing then started on the gas & air in the evening. I took an epi at around 9/9:30pm on the Sunday & managed to sleep through until I was 10cm dilated & the mw woke me up to push

Looking back on it, I think I needed an epi so bad as I was more tired than anything

I had and Epi with Emily my first and labour really dragged but wasn't induced with her

I was induced with Jack and didn't have anything other than gas and air ( though i told them it would make me sick they didn't believe me :rofl:)
I found my induced labour and birth easier than my natural one

I think everyone copes with different pain in different ways, my friend for example is such a wimp with any kind of pain but can pop a baby out with no problem and barely flinches!!

My mum was induced with 2 of us and didnt take any sort of pain relief!! :hugs: hope your LO comes before hand though!!

Babes, this is my first pregnancy, so can't give any experienced advice. I will say though that I am of the opinion that none of us will get any medals if we go the whole labour with no pain relief, epidural etc. Just go with the flow and take whatever you need. This whole process is difficult enough without trying to be a martyr.
Good luck babes - just do what you need to do x x :hug:

I was twice & had an epi, the only downside to the Epi I found was that because it's aimed to lower your BP, it lowered mine that much that I had the shivers and shakes.. I would never ever have it again! Hope you get to have it without :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->