Infant feeding questions

p.s. i don't understand this "guilt" or "insecurity" when it comes to FF.. :laugh2: THAT'S why FF get defensive.. it's implied that we SHOULD feel guilty or insecure about the way we feed our children.. you know, for alot of us, it is choice!

u hit it right on the head. all of the mw's in the hosptial almost snapped my head off when i said i was FF. i couldnt understand why they were like this because when i was going to the hospital visits during my pregnancy and i did ask the mw's every time about BF, all i got as an answer is "here read the leaflet" for the first week after nicole was born i felt really guilty and didnt help when hv reacted the same.

i dont care how anyone else feeds their babies, every child is different

The only thing that's ever offended me on here from BFers is that some of them go on about how people must not be trying hard enough since so many of us FF. That right there is the reason why FFers feel the need to defend themselves and share their story of why they are not breastfeeding. We all know breast is best and most of us tried desperately to breastfeed and it didn't work out for a multitude of reasons. Then we give up and feed our babies the only way we know how, with formula. Then we come on here and are told we must not have tried hard enough, by women who have no idea what we went through trying to breastfeed. That to me is why there is such a huge divide on here. There is too much arrogance and too little empathy on here when it comes to this subject. That is the problem. We need to put ourselves in eachothers shoes for once before we just start in on an all out war on eachother.

Not sure how to answer your questions, but I FF and am happy with that, my LO was born tongue tied, not severe enough to clip, but she couldn't latch well with it and feeding got difficult for both of us, I ended up switching to formula when she was a month old and I am fine with it, she is happy and healthy, and thats what matters.

I sometimes feel embarrassed telling people that i breast feed because i get some people who formula feed ( i must stress SOME not ALL) who get an instant attitude and tell me thread to needle why they couldn't breast feed, and it can be at the least challenging and at the worst almost aggressive. It goes both ways. I don't actually care how anyone else feeds their child as long as they're fed. I don't even have it in my signature.

You know what I DO find irritiating.. whilst i dont mind people who BF trying to "convert" FFers... its not NECESSARY.

Just as i dont think Jehovah's witnesses knocking on my door to convert and teach me, i dont find it necessary when we already know, and we already chose to do something different.

I do find i get poked with the sharper end of the anti-FF stick as i chose to FF from day dot... there was no "i tried and failed" ... i did try, and i disliked it, as id thought. I hadnt planned to do it, and when i tried it, i never did again! I dont see why that's such an issue to some.

i just know that certain ladies cannot control themselves so no doubt this will get nasty :haha:

But i'm VERY curious to the following...so feel free to answer the questions with what you think

1/Why is it that when it comes to the way we feed our babies we can't all talk happily?

i think because its such a personal choice and to be honest i never get offended because im secure and happy with my decision to ff alfie hes still a healthy thriving little man.

2/WHy is it always a 'them' and 'us' situation?

i cant really answer this as i dont know myself to be honest.

3/Why do you think some BF mums try and change peoples minds?

because there passionate about it and i cant blame them its amazing what bf mums do the hard work the dedication it must take when problems arise but you percivere (sp)..

4/Why do you think some FF mums find this offensive?

because we made the decision to ff for our own different reasons some tried bf it didnt work, some wanted to ff from the start as they dont feel comfortable with bf etc but the main reason why i get offended is when people try to insincuate that you get offended because you feel guilty..ive got nothing to feel guilty about to be honest i love my little boy as much as any bf mummy loves theres how i feed him does not affect my ability to be a good mum to alfie.
(id like to add that noone on this formum makes me feel like this it was a personal experience in real life :thumbup:
No seriously try and keep it nice ladies and stick to answerign the q's!:flower:

Edited:due to some peoples serious lack of a sense of humour!

1/Why is it that when it comes to the way we feed our babies we can't all talk happily?

i think because its such a personal choice and to be honest i never get offended because im secure and happy with my decision to ff alfie hes still a healthy thriving little man.

2/WHy is it always a 'them' and 'us' situation?

i cant really answer this as i dont know myself to be honest.

3/Why do you think some BF mums try and change peoples minds?

because there passionate about it and i cant blame them its amazing what bf mums do the hard work the dedication it must take when problems arise but you percivere (sp)..

4/Why do you think some FF mums find this offensive?

because we made the decision to ff for our own different reasons some tried bf it didnt work, some wanted to ff from the start as they dont feel comfortable with bf etc but the main reason why i get offended is when people try to insincuate that you get offended because you feel guilty..ive got nothing to feel guilty about to be honest i love my little boy as much as any bf mummy loves theres how i feed him does not affect my ability to be a good mum to alfie.
(id like to add that noone on this formum makes me feel like this it was a personal experience in real life :thumbup:
No seriously try and keep it nice ladies and stick to answerign the q's!:flower:

Edited:due to some peoples serious lack of a sense of humour![/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->